Bruce Willis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaxFisher

War Child
http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_27261601.shtml

Actor Bruce Willis has offered $1 million to anyone who turns in al-Qaeda terror leaders. The patriotic Die Hard star will pay out for information on the whereabouts of Osama Bin Laden, Aymen Al-Zawahiri or Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi, the alleged brains behind the 9/11 atrocity.

Willis announced his reward on US TV show “Rita Cosby: Live And Direct,” where he also slammed biased media coverage of the Iraq war. He said, “I am baffled to understand why the things that I saw happening in Iraq, really good things happening in Iraq, are not being reported on.”

:up:

so are we to take Bruce Willis seriously ... yet laugh in the face of Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, Barbara Streisand, Martin Sheen, etc.

i'm smelling Right Wing Hipocrasy -- bash Hollywood, unless they're saying what you want to hear.

since when was al zarqawi the brains behind 9/11? last i checked it was khalid shaikh mohammed and ramzi binalshibh... both of whom have been caputred already. did dick cheney make you post this?

and is bruce willis also offering $1 million dollars to anyone who can figure out how he lost his wife to ashton kutcher? now that's a real mystery.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
since when was al zarqawi the brains behind 9/11? last i checked it was khalid shaikh mohammed and ramzi binalshibh... both of whom have been caputred already.

Yeah the same thought occured to me.

Irvine511 said:
so are we to take Bruce Willis seriously ... yet laugh in the face of Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, Barbara Streisand, Martin Sheen, etc.

i'm smelling Right Wing Hipocrasy -- bash Hollywood, unless they're saying what you want to hear.

The difference is that Bruce is offering his own money. Tim Robbins and Co. pontificate but actually do very little, certainly nothing that actually requires any self sacrifice on their part.

Kudos to Bruce for putting his money where his mouth is.

MaxFisher said:

The difference is that Bruce is offering his own money. Tim Robbins and Co. pontificate but actually do very little, certainly nothing that actually requires any self sacrifice on their part.

while i give him credit for doing that... i guess... one should think he should check his facts first.

since when was al zarqawi the brains behind 9/11? last i checked it was khalid shaikh mohammed and ramzi binalshibh... both of whom have been caputred already. did dick cheney make you post this?

and is bruce willis also offering $1 million dollars to anyone who can figure out how he lost his wife to ashton kutcher? now that's a real mystery.

Since when was Saddam Hussein connected to 9/11? ;)

Everything is possible. But I don't think that it is a good idea when everybody who has some money offers it to people for such information. That should stay something only the police or the state can do.

MaxFisher said:

Well like it's been said before, his facts are wrong, so really there is no sacrifice.

Other than that, there have been many in Hollywood that have actually made sacrifice and do a lot more than Willis.

Vincent Vega said:

That should stay something only the police or the state can do.

Ha! What police force or state has millions of extra dollars to put on rewards? The state should give me back the education money it took away halfway through the semester. :mad:

I'd just like to know if he thinks the good things happening in Iraq outweigh the bad

As for his ex-wife, well I think he's quite a person for being friends w/ Ashton and for going to their wedding, etc. It's good for his kids too.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Well like it's been said before, his facts are wrong, so really there is no sacrifice.

Other than that, there have been many in Hollywood that have actually made sacrifice and do a lot more than Willis.

His facts are wrong? What? You don't think Osama Bin Laden was behind 9-11?

Care to name some of the celebrities in hollywood that have been willing to make sizeable monetary contributions towards the war on terror?

MaxFisher said:

You don't think Osama Bin Laden was behind 9-11?
Not what I said, read what others have said.
MaxFisher said:

Care to name some of the celebrities in hollywood that have been willing to make sizeable monetary contributions towards the war on terror?

Once again, not what I said. You said,
Tim Robbins and Co. pontificate but actually do very little, certainly nothing that actually requires any self sacrifice on their part.
And that's simple not true. Just because they are not working to support the war in Iraq, doesn't mean they haven't made sacrifice. You are viewing this from you own bias.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Not what I said, read what others have said.

Once again, not what I said. You said,
And that's simple not true. Just because they are not working to support the war in Iraq, doesn't mean they haven't made sacrifice. You are viewing this from you own bias.

Ok...

1. You said his facts are wrong. What facts does he have wrong?

2. You said celebrities are making sacrifices greater that Willis. Examples please.

I appreciate it when celebrities try to make a contribution for whichever cause. I do not particularly care for their opinion though.

MaxFisher said:

perhaps we can't know about it because other celebrities who donate their money aren't as vocal about it as Mr. Willis.

Irvine511 said:
perhaps we can't know about it because other celebrities who donate their money aren't as vocal about it as Mr. Willis.

i hate peple who feel the need to brag about how much money they donate...

there's a subtle yet huge difference between celebriteis who actually do... i.e. bono, geldof... even george clooney... and celebrities who show up when it's time to publicize a new movie by throwing their name and money at charities and the like.

MaxFisher said:

Ok...

Did you read Headache's response?

MaxFisher said:

2. You said celebrities are making sacrifices greater that Willis. Examples please.

I'd say someone like Sean Penn actually visiting Bagdhad prior to the war is a lot more than a mere 1 million for a movie star. Regardless of where you stand on the war...

Irvine511 said:

Well, Bono Vox claims to know so I'm just waiting for his/her elaboration.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I'd say someone like Sean Penn actually visiting Bagdhad prior to the war is a lot more than a mere 1 million for a movie star. Regardless of where you stand on the war...

Willis visted Iraq as well.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

agreed.

i don't agree with some of Sean Penn's politics, and the one time i saw him on Larry King talking about it he struck me as a very poor spokesman for his work. too bad, it was almost embarassing.

but the man was also in a canoe padding around Lake New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. that, to me, is more dignified than a sort of "yippie-kai-yay motherfucker" $1m from Willis.

i don't have a problem with Willis choosing how he spends his money. but if we are going to start making comparisons and talking about "sacrafice," then i can think of others who do more noble things than toss $1m at a problem.

heck, even Leonardo DiCaprio and his Prius strikes me as doing more good than Willis.

bin laden was a financial backer and "approved" the mission... he did not plan it. another common misconception by a large majority of americans.

Osama bin Laden gave the final approval for the attacks, as you stated.

Therefore, he is the one to be held ultimately responsible.

I'm just sick of those that bitch about "Hollywood" when it's not on their side, but when someone donates an amount of money they can sneeze out on a weekly basis then they sing their praise.

DrTeeth said:
I appreciate it when celebrities try to make a contribution for whichever cause. I do not particularly care for their opinion though.

Too bad writing checks doesn't feed the ego like a good press conference.

And at the end of the day, Willis will have had his press conference, but will not write a check.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Ha! What police force or state has millions of extra dollars to put on rewards? The state should give me back the education money it took away halfway through the semester. :mad:

No, I just mean it could be fatal if every person who has some money and such possibilities to get into TV could donate some money for information.

MaxFisher said:

Ok...

The facts are the people behind 9/11. Osama bin Ladan - yes. The others Willis lists - no.

And I know Julia Roberts donated $1M of her money IMMEDIATELY to charity upon 9/11. She didn't wait 4+ years and then offer it only as a reward for the arrest of people not directly involved in 9/11.

Is that a good enough example?

That said, I respect what Willis is doing - I just think it needs some tweaking.

MaxFisher, do you view donating money as the only way to sacrifice or support something.
It seems like the sacrifices are defined by the amount of money one donated.

But there are other possibilities to support something or sacrifice, than donating money, and the can be even bigger than $1 million.

Back
Top Bottom