Breast implants save Israeli woman from rocket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coemgen

Rock n' Roll Doggie
From Reuters:

The breast job that saved a life
Hospital: Shrapnel from rocket lodged in implants, sparing Israeli woman

JERUSALEM - An Israeli woman's breast implants saved her life when she was wounded in a Hezbollah rocket attack during Israel's war with the Lebanese group, a hospital spokesman said Tuesday.
Doctors found shrapnel embedded in the silicone implants, just inches from the 24-year-old’s heart.
"She was saved from death," said a spokesman for Nahariya Hospital in northern Israel. The woman has been released from hospital.

No, I'm not wanting this to be another thread about miracles.:wink:

coemgen said:

YHWH is great.

Maybe we should also get ass implants just so we're covered on both sides?

coemgen said:
From Reuters:

The breast job that saved a life
Hospital: Shrapnel from rocket lodged in implants, sparing Israeli woman

why is this less a miracle?

than some other miracles?

Re: Re: Breast implants save Israeli woman from rocket

deep said:

why is this less a miracle?

than some other miracles?

Oh, it very well could be a miracle. I'm just not going to discuss that on this thread. :)

Re: Re: Breast implants save Israeli woman from rocket

anitram said:

YHWH is great.

Maybe we should also get ass implants just so we're covered on both sides?

You may be on to something, anitram. :hmm:

Re: Re: Re: Breast implants save Israeli woman from rocket

MrsSpringsteen said:

Better yet, why does every thread here have to be made contentious?

You're right Mrs. S., it definitely IS a miracle! I read that story this morning and thought "wow!, I should translate it and put it on the FYM forum!"....

I'm glad someone beat me to it.

We all know of the "Only In America" file.

This defenitely comes under the "Only In Israel" file.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry....

Hmmm...I have always been a proponent of natural breasts. I could care less about the size and shape of them. But, now I feel like I need to reassess the situation. I thought I had everything sorted out in my mind on this issue. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2826933.stm

Women asking for breast implants should be screened for subtle signs of mental problems, says a study linking them to an increased suicide risk.

The research, carried out by Dutch scientists, found that there were almost three times the rate of suicides among women who had received breast implants compared with the population at large.

They say that a desire for breast augmentation may, in some women, be a symptom of a far deeper insecurity and low self esteem which, in extreme cases, could trigger a suicide attempt.

Equal time :wink:

(AP)

An Indian businessman born with two penises wants one of them removed surgically as he wants to marry and lead a normal sexual life, a newspaper report said Saturday.

The 24-year-old man from the northern state of Uttar Pradesh admitted himself to a New Delhi hospital this week with an extremely rare medical condition called penile duplication or diphallus, the Times of India said.

"Two fully functional penes is unheard of even in medical literature. In the more common form of diphallus, one organ is rudimentary," the newspaper quoted a surgeon as saying.

The surgery was expected to be challenging as both organs were well-formed and full blood supply to the retained penis had to be ensured to allow it to function normally, he added.

The newspaper did not disclose the identity of the man or the hospital to protect the patient's privacy.

There are about 100 such reported cases of diphallus around the world and it is known to occur among one in 5.5 million men, the newspaper said.

It is caused by the failure of the mesodermal bands in the embryo to fuse properly. The mesodermal bands are one of three primary layers of the embryo from which several body parts are formed.

Couldnt the shrapnel have just got lodged in her actual breasts anyway without killing her?

Back
Top Bottom