Breaking the Final Rule of Politics - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2008, 07:10 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Vest

At least Harper (and I'm anything but a fan) hasn't jailed more people for possession of Marijuana than Bill Clinton.
So they are/were federally imprisoned?

Old 03-11-2008, 07:23 PM   #82
Refugee

Local Time: 08:42 AM
I must say I was fooled and used to like Bill Clinton - until I took a real look at what happened during his years as President. Here's a guy who had the audacity to claim he tried marijuana but NEVER INHALED - Bullshit!!! Then came Welfare reform, The Three Strikes law, and the fact that there were more convictions of simple posession during his years than previously. Not to mention the ignoring of Rwanda. He was spineless as a President. Slightly better than Bush overall but what the hell is that saying. Hillary would be no different. Obama just might be.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:29 PM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:42 PM
Again, are those federal charges? I might be wrong, but to my knowledge the harsh marijuana prosecution, zero tolerance policies and three strikes laws were state policies, and charged on state level, not federal.

I agree they should have taken action in Rwanda way earlier, but there are to blame: The US, the UN, the EU and all its member states, Canada and many more countries that just watched.

Welfare policy in the US, if you don't know, is a very difficult issue. I haven't looked into the details of those, and I know that some of them didn't really help much, especially for the poor, there also has been some progress you haven't seen with the other presidents.