Brazil's Election Something to Celebrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool. Thanks! But don't get too excited--must've just been a fluke that this reporter got it right this time (she said cynically)...

Cool joyfulgirl, thanks. I had read that one before.

What I meant with "the article is really good" is that it portraits the relevance of this election to us and, why shouldn?t I say, to the rest of the world, in a very accurate form. It shows to the world that something really must change for the benefit of all, americans from north and south.

Oops, I think I wasn't clear. I meant that I have little faith in our American corporate-owned media, so that indeed it is remarkable that the Time coverage was accurate. Sorry, I shouldn't have been so sarcastic--I can't help myself sometimes--but it was directed towards the media, not you, follower. Anyway, this is really good news for Brazil. I was moved when I saw those pictures.

I am the 40th person to read your topic

I've saved it to read the detail later. I'm glad you're happy. Good luck follower.

One thing... I have set up my waterfilter again, it had been in storage. It is made in Brasil , in a place called Japoticaba. it says on the filter label a "joint enterprise between Australia and Brasil" I only noticed that a few days ago. Sweet.

Brazil?s election something to celebrate...yes, definitely :)

Lula won. Now you can congratulate me. We put the man there, on top. Surely he has a giant task ahead...but on the contrary of the previous ones, the man is a worker, a real one...so he?s not afraid of working really hard to leed this nation to its bright future, with God?s help. :up:

Can?t help thinking of some great songs and some words of wisdom...

You may say I?m dreamer, but I?m not the only one.

You can dream, so dream out loud

PS.: In case you have no idea what the hell I?m talking about check the links below.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/2367025.stm
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...p/20021028/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/brazil_elections

So this is my party. Have a great day ya?ll :)

follower said:
Brazil?s election something to celebrate...yes, definitely :)

Lula won. Now you can congratulate me. We put the man there, on top. Surely he has a giant task ahead...but on the contrary of the previous ones, the man is a worker, a real one...so he?s not afraid of working really hard to leed this nation to its bright future, with God?s help. :up:

So this is my party. Have a great day ya?ll :)

Congrats! Lets hope Lula stays the "real worker", not only image, but for real!

Cheers, I am happy with your country. Say hi to Rio, I love Rio...
it was so beautiful. It is a city that only can exist one time in all the universe, like New York. It is a very special city. It would be a good place to live.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
Congrats! Lets hope Lula stays the "real worker", not only image, but for real!

You bet. One needs to live in Brasil, actually...to fully understand what just happened here, the whole dimension of his victory, believe me.

Workers Party has had this motto throughout its 22 years of existence...sem medo de ser feliz...something like "don?t be afraid of feeling happy". Now Lula taught us another one...a esperan?a venceu o medo...it would be like this..."hope defeated fear". I?m truly confident that those are not just words blowing by the wind.

I?m glad you love Rio whenhiphop...it?s an amazing city. Thanks for your best wishes. :up:

Last edited:
follower said:

You bet. One needs to live in Brasil, actually...to fully understand what just happened here, the whole dimension of his victory, believe me.

Workers Party has had this motto throughout its 22 years of existence...sem medo de ser feliz...something like "don?t be afraid of feeling happy". Now Lula taught us another one...a esperan?a venceu o medo...it would be like this..."hope defeated fear". I?m truly confident that those are not just words blowing by the wind.

I?m glad you love Rio whenhiphop...it?s an amazing city. Thanks for your best wishes. :up:

Yes follower it is an incredible city. It will stay in my heart forever, I was there when I was a child, and I remember the typical tourist attractions... I remember the man that photographed us secretly on the Pao de Acucar, put the pic on a plate and sold it to us... I remember the statue of Jesus, Copacabana, the streets full of people and the fun the people had. I didn?t like Sao Paulo really, it was too much traffic... but I loved Manaus, and I enjoyed swimming in the Amazonas and going through the jungle... and San Salvador, and Recife, Belem,... such a beautiful country.

You know, actually there were quite cheap offers for real estate in Rio (for foreigners); if I would have been a little richer I would have liked sth. in Santa Teresa, probably. In which part of town do you live?

Last edited:
Actually I have been a tourist in Rio...like you, cause I live in Porto Alegre, it?s in the very south, near Uruguay. ;) But I do love the city...cidade maravilhosa...wonderful city, that?s the way its dwellers affectionatly refer to Rio. I have had some great time there on vacation. Also I got to see U2 there (see my signature ;))

Imagine if you were there in Rio yesterday night! Cariocas know how to celebrate such a remarkable event...plus Lula got his largest advantage over Serra exactly there in Rio. Party is still going on, LOL.

And hey...I have a plate like that as well. ;)

:up:

so many things that remind me..

on the day, you posted this follower , I "posted "race of angels" to Brasil, another place I know for sure that angels live.
I love the little town where the post office is, by the Clarence River. There is a shop there I always try to visit called "Spirit of Bali'. Somehow it feels to connect. I think the day you mentioned the election coming up in Brasil, back in August, I went to lunch with the Balinese women and met Hazard from who said 'music will make you happy".
There just feels something to be in common. Your beauty and theirs. Bali and Brasil:hug: Oz:hug: the world:hug:we try

Cheers to the future, today. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom