Bono, U2 in Fundraiser for Senator Rick Santorum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarletwine

New Yorker
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/10/10/131502.shtml

I have a feeling they aren't aware of this :barf: He's using their picture also according to atU2.

On Sunday, October 16, a truly unique political event will take place.

Teaming up with the legendary rock group U2 for a one-night only appearance will be Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Penn.).

The thousand-dollar-a-seat concert has been put together by Sean and Ana Wolfington and will take place at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia in support of Santorum’s re-election, reports NewsMax's James Hirsen.

U2 front man Bono is no stranger to Washington, D.C. He has come often to the nation’s capital to network with politicians on behalf of his many causes.

I'm sorry, but if Bono is helping Rick Santorum get reelected, that's pretty disgusting.

Melon

I went to that site and a gigantic pop up ad with Condoleezza Rice jumped out at me. Scared the living bejesus out of me, I'll tell you that.

nbcrusader said:
Partnering with Santorum

Arrives at concerts in an SUV

You should probably stop following the band :wink:

they've also done some pretty ballsy stuff for Greenpeace, so it all equals out in the end.

anyway, i suppose Santorum needs all the help he can get ...

The bloggs are all wigging out on this. I don't think they would let him use their picture.

NBC - I don't get involved in the SUV threads (though I give the finger to people driving Hummers:wink: ). But I'd really have to rethink my adoration if they are willing to be used by the soon to be former Senator from Penn.

Ok, I get it now - It's not a fundraiser for Santorum. Bono set aside a block of $1,000-a-pop seats at the 10/16 U2 concert in Philadelphia for fundraising purposes. The funds are going to DATA, his AIDS charity. Santorum (shocking though this may seem) has been one of Bono's chief conservative allies in Congress on fighting the spread of AIDS in Africa, and since the 10/16 show is in his home state, he's making an appearance and helping to promote the fundraiser. Santorum himself is getting NONE of the money.

This is a lot more logical anyway. I can't imagine U2 working for any U.S. politician's campaign efforts, let alone frothy Sen. Santorum.

Melon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom