Bono on CNN tonight said, about Bush Administation..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
after a few had commented to him, that, perhaps his celeberty is being used by the current administration, that he really wouldn't care, HOWEVER-
he DID NOT feel this was the case and that would be an innaccurate assesment and TRUSTS this administration and their motives.

Isnt it great Bono doesn't sterotype and THINKS "outside of the box?":)
The man is AMAZING.:)

GO BONO!

diamond:yes::lol: :lol: -My boy!

Last edited:
Diamond, "Thinking OUTSIDE the box"? Supporting a lame, Texas dumbass IS truly thinking outside the box.

Bono knows the means he needs to use to get to the ends he wants. He is not going to shoot himself or anyone else in the foot. But I also believe he does believe in people and that good will prevail~ it is this strong optimism in him that I admire.

Now THIS makes me giggle..:lol: :lol: :lol:
What you're implying is 1 of 2 things..
That
A) Bono is gullible-NOT!
:mad:
or
B)-
Bono is LYING to cover for folks like-
Condi Rice
Colin Powell
GW
Senator Frist
Senator Hatch
John Kasich.
ect..

I think he is being sincere, for the rec.

You people amaze me.
I love you though.
:)
Olive you are correct-Bono is a great optimist, and I predict he WILL make a difference.
Peace
Out-
Diamond

Last edited:
drumkeeran said:
I think Bono's discovered it's truly best to remain apolitical in these causes. And to be open to all sorts of solutions.

Flexibility with heart and mind!

Go!! B-Man!!!!

Exactly right Drum..
and what is great is he takes each indivual on, one by one , on a case by case basis.
Granted he leans to the left 70 per cent of the time, but he loves ALL people regardless of political ideaologies-my point.
:):):):):)
N

DB9

diamond said:
HOWEVER-
he DID NOT feel this was the case and that would be an innaccurate assesment and TRUSTS this administration and their motives.

And you have touched on the topic that makes soooo many liberals mad.. That people.. Black/White, Liberal/Conservative, Jewish/Protestand, People trust this man, people just don't believe the shit that will fly from the mouths of Tom Daschle or D. Gephardt.

L.Unplugged

My point exactly, Brother Lemonite.
Where's the toleration from the lovely Liberals here?
Oh I forgot we are damaged goods in their world.
;)
Out-
DB9
:D

Can't speak for the others, but I wasn't being a "liberal" in my comment (that Bono's response was a political one--but maybe 'diplomatic' would've been a better choice of words). All I meant is that he has a mission and therefore chooses his words carefully in order to garner support from all sides and offend none. I think we are unlikely to know what he really thinks of the Bush administration one way or the other and that's as it should be. I wasn't insinuating that he was lying, that he really hates Bush, or anything of the like--just that I for one take all such comments from him with regard to both Republicans and Democrats with a grain of salt.

I'm sorry I missed that.

I don't think it's any of our business what Bono really thinks of the Bush administration. What he says publicly is important of course, and what he says with the president and his advisors is very important but we really won't ever know what Bono really thinks of President Bush. There's too much riding on his honest opinion - if he thinks bush is *S$(*(* then he can't say that or he would be shooting himself in the foot for it, because he needs them!!

If he thinks Bush rocks, then he risks alienating a lot of U2 fans, who are left wingers and get pissed off about these sorts of things.

Just my .02

Nope sorry, Joyful and October.
No sale.
:(

You are sadly mistaken.
Bono has went outta HIS way TOO many times to say he genuinely likes some people in the THIS administration.
And know HE IS NOT playing possum either.
Deal with it.

diamond
:p

This brings me to a very .. well. .. just a good ol thought

Listening to liberals cringe at the thought of Bono actually liking Jesse Helms, or Sec. O Neil.. or others in teh administration, brings me to a thought, something that I really have no real need to express, except just to get it on the record, for when other people accuse me of various positions or what not (The accusation of HATING palestinians comes to mind)..

When I read of Bono liking conservatives or rather.. Republicans, I don't think twice about it, (In the political context). . Maybe he likes these people, maybe he doesn't .. Either way it doesn't matter and to be honest, I dont' care.. I'm not here saying, "HOW COULD SEC O NEIL ACTUALLY LIKE HIM".. That is irrelevant.. At least in what Bono and the politicians are working for, What matters are Ideas.. That is how I look at things, Here in this forum, I wouldn't consider other people (Liberal Democrats) to be 'enemies', to be 'evil' or to be people I dislike.. What I do comment on, what I will make fun of (Unless a person is using 'smileys' or words like 'drivel' and 'pithy', or other excursions into the ROGETS.. then it's just begged for), and what I will drop virtual shits on are Ideas. Ideas I think are wrong, Ideas that I think need to be abandoned and punted in a nice swift drop kick.. Not the people that have these ideas.. just the ideas themselves.. And apparently Liberals just have the hardest time doing this, They can't.. Just check some of the Rush Limbaugh threads (Which people will respond by citing Michael Moore).. so I tell you to check the George W threads..

So with that, I maybe wanted to enlighten ya'll.. or maybe force ya to face it.. as to why you get so upset with Bono actually having 'friendly' feelings towards Conservatives, but that does not mean in any way that Bono shares teh same Ideas as these Conservatives.. Or maybe I'm just giving you guys and girls too much credit to think that that's the issue at hand, and not that you just really hate the fact taht Bono could like a 'conservative'... I mean, hell, I'm waiting for the time I can go out drinking with Zone Listener.. Hahah.. that'd be fun as hell.. but I guarantee you that here in this political forum we're going to be at each other's throats thumbing through our Thesaurus for the latest synonym of 'Pile of Shit'..

And you know.. I was thinking about this as I was just in the shower, and It's not just liberals.. Republicans do it as well (I say republicans to emphasize their Party first focus rather than Idea focus).. So Liberals are not the only ones to blame.. Shame on myself for even thinking of jumping into partisanship.

Your Friendly neighborhood Jackass,
L.Unplugged

Diamond.. still waiting for ya to get on Rush... I was listening today for ya..

Last edited:
I certainly hope you weren't thinking I was one of those liberal fans who get pissy with Bono because he hangs out with Helms, or O'Neill, or Bush or Condeleezza Rice.

But I was just saying that there are u2 fans out there that act this way.

I'm a liberal at heart, but I can't blame Bono for hanging out with some of the conservative right. Some of them have got some great ideas too, and while I may be premature saying it, O'neill made some very good points to Bono on his trip in Africa and I think it will only help the situation in the long run to have the Treasury Secretary's expertise.

Geez, we are not communicating here are we? No one, with the exception of Dano, has said anything negative in this thread about Bono hanging out with conservatives. Why are you guys insisting that that is what the rest of us are saying here and trying to 'enlighten' us otherwise? I totally support what Bono is doing and I personally think it's cool as shit that he met with Jesse Helms, etc. And of course Bono can GENUINELY like George W and others in the administration on a personal level which does not have anything to do with what he thinks about GW as the president of the U.S. Maybe he thinks he's a an awesome President, maybe not, and all I'm saying is that what he thinks of GW as the President cannot be ascertained from comments like the one which started this thread. This is my opinion and it does not need to be enligtened or corrected because it is my opinion. I can also relate to Bono in a big way because while it's true that the vast majority of my friends and I share the same political viewpoints, I also have many extremely conservative friends and, guess what? I LIKE THEM.

Deal with THAT. :)

/rant

Alright then Joyful.
We are glad that you are tolerable as Bono is tolerable.
Thank you for your enlightenment and patient explanation.:)

diamond

joyfulgirl said:
And of course Bono can GENUINELY like George W and others in the administration on a personal level which does not have anything to do with what he thinks about GW as the president of the U.S. Maybe he thinks he's a an awesome President, maybe not, and all I'm saying is that what he thinks of GW as the President cannot be ascertained from comments like the one which started this thread.

Yeah I agree with this. Bono is a very wise man and sometimes (especially when he needs everyone's cooperation) you do not know exactly who he favors, and who he favors really isn't important. What's important is that he gets the help for the issues he is campaigning for, wherever that help may have to come from.

Bono has quite an open mind and heart and really truly respects everyone and that's a great lesson to be learned, liberal, conservative, upside down or inside out or whatever. :)

like the man says "I will admit that we are attracted to issues that unify people rather than divide them."

:bono: :)

diamond said:
Alright then Joyful.
We are glad that you are tolerable as Bono is tolerable.
Thank you for your enlightenment and patient explanation.:)

diamond

There you go being a better person than me again--you know I wasn't patient, I was damn pissy. :)

*smooch*

joyfulgirl said:
Geez, we are not communicating here are we? No one, with the exception of Dano, has said anything negative in this thread about Bono hanging out with conservatives. Why are you guys insisting that that is what the rest of us are saying here and trying to 'enlighten' us otherwise?
because 90% of political related threads here start (not even end) with conservatives sighing that they are outnumbered

scrolls back to see what this thread was about

I think Bono knows not to bite the hand that feeds him.

Last edited:
oliveu2cm said:

What's important is that he gets the help for the issues he is campaigning for, wherever that help may have to come from.

Extremely well said! On the scope far beyond Bono and Africa.

L.Unplugged

Lemonite said:

Extremely well said! On the scope far beyond Bono and Africa.

L.Unplugged

And THIS is WHAT makes Bono, Bono.
Going to places where most wouldnt predict, and finding the goodness in those people and places, that others wouldn't.(Africa/G.O.P camp)
And then reporting back to world that we need to deal from love and not fear, and be more tolerable w/o casting judgement, ON EVERYONE.(Africa/G.O.P.camp)
Out-
diamond

Last edited:
elevatedsoul2 said:
All I can say is, I think Bono knows what he's doing. I don't think he'd let himself be used.

Ah.. This is the exact same thing I hear many many Republicans (And I say Republicans to emphasize their Party Allegiance) when faced with George W's Latest Trend to Compromise in political issues more in favor of teh Democrats rather than his Conservative Ideals..

"Don't shit on Bush.. He knows what he's doing".

"Just you Wait.. Bush has it all under control.. there's something going on that we don't."

Now this may all be nice and true, however Elevated's Comments just seem to mirror the at times shaky confidence these Republicans are having at the moment.

L.Unplugged

Back
Top Bottom