Bono collaborates with popstars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soniabonia

Babyface
I couldn't believe that Bono collaborated with popstars like the corrs!He was the biggest artist all the time but now...
They are weak, another spears-like product.3 models with microphones.
Nobody who love U2 accepts this situation.It's a shame to collaborate with models who aren't musicians.
They hire composers, famous producers,
session musicians to hide their music stupidity!!!!!!!!!!
DO THE REVOLUTION!!!!!!!

1. I like to see Bono (and any member of U2) working with other artists. I enjoy seeing the results of collaborations.

2. This is posted in the wrong forum.
tongue.gif

3. Welcome to Interference.
smile.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Well I have to albums with The Corrs and I find there music really good and easy to listen to. I really don?t see the bad part of liking both U2 and The Corrs. It seems some people see U2 as divine standing above every artist in the world. And they are only allowed to work with people that some fans approve of. Definately not artist that are playing pop-music.

Here?s a shocker: Die hard U2-fans can find The Corrs, Destinys Child and Shakira brilliant!!! SURPRISE!!!

------------------
Olofski
SWEDEN
We move through miracle days Spirit moves in mysterious ways

The Corrs are far from a 'Spears like product'! I could weep sometimes.

You might keep in mind that the Corrs are from Ireland, as is U2 and they are great friends off-stage. I have a feeling THAT is more the reason why Bono was singing with them.

Are'nt musicians?

They play their own instruments, right?

They sing their own songs, right?

They can dance(irish), right?

Give me a break, you want to make a splash here dont post a topic so unfounded and without any back-up.

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Originally posted by Olofski:

Here?s a shocker: Die hard U2-fans can find The Corrs, Destinys Child and Shakira brilliant!!! SURPRISE!!!

eek.gif
What?! No way! You have GOT to be kidding!
wink.gif

While I don't really like the Corrs' music all that much I wouldn't say they're a pop contraption at all! The girl who plays violin is awesome! I don't think I can play like her and I've been playing for 10+ years now. I saw them live once and they were great, I just wouldn't buy a CD.

And yes, U2 is 'pop' as much as I cringe when I say that. They are popular and thus, they are pop.

------------------
Every question possesses a power that does not lie in the answer.

The Corrs play their own instruments and write their own songs. It's a pity that so many people easily assume that just because they're so good-looking and their music is so easy on the ear then they must be manufactured.

Well, Soniabonia, your points have a certain value. But you know, it is all just pop. Just entertainment. It?s not about art. So who cares if Max or whoever writes some songs for them. Or if some producer repeats the boring but loud beat.
It?s all bubblegum. Forget about it and enjoy as much as you can.

I agree, soniabonia...
the corrs sucks! just because they play their own instruments don't make them good musicians. it's all about soul and a certain compassion and feeling for the music. they have none. their songs all sound the same, yuk.

[This message has been edited by U2FReAk (edited 03-19-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom