Bono answers your questions on theory of evolution

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
There have been a few threads touching on the theory of evolution recently so I felt it was important at this juncture to consult the oracle of Bono.

Luckily, Bono spoke to be in a dream last night and told me to communicate the following (*):

"Okay. I don't believe in evolution particularly. I know it exists and everything, but I don't pay as much heed to it as some people."

So we can see from the first part of this pronouncement that evolution is true. And we can see from the second part that it is not. So clearly Bono is calling us to both accept and not accept evolution.

I trust this clears up the matter.

(* That bit's a lie, I just lifted the quote from p.302 of the John Waters book ):wink:

Funny...I never asked Bono about evolution.... :eyebrow:

Hi!

"the oracle of Bono".....and I was thinking about the oracle just today.....

carol
wizard2c

:wink:

Well actually...many years ago Bono touched on it.

I think people understand now that I'm not religious, they understand that I'm nearly anti-religion... When I talk of religion I'm talking about the force that's cut this country in two. I'm not religious at all, but I believe in God very strongly, and I don't believe that we just kind of exploded out of thin air, I can't believe that.
February 1982--Bono

People would love to sensationalize our beliefs until they meant nothing. Three of us are committed Christians. We refute the belief that man is just a higher stage of animal, that he has no spirit. I think when people start believing that, the real respect for humanity is gone. You are just a cog in a wheel, another collection of molecules. That's half the reason for a lot of the pessimism in the world.
June 1983--Bono

Back
Top Bottom