Blasts Hit London Bus And Underground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just think its funny that we have hundreds of thousands of 'white christian' or 'white jewish' or 'white anything' serial killers, bombers (like oklahoma etc), rapists, terorists, pshcyo army people who have killed a ZILLON times more people then any muslim yet they are now feared more then any one else.

its sad, disgusting and basically pathetic. Being muslim or looking middle eastern would be hell right now, and i feel for them, especially as like 99.9999 percent of them have nothing to do with these militia groups (such as we dont have anything to do with white supremist groups) yet seem to be all clumped in together.

:(

A_Wanderer said:
Minority Islamists, Minority Progressives, Majority of Apathy.

if you are saying that the majority of muslims don't care if london gets bombed, you are wrong. thats inhuman to even think that-- 1.2 Billion Muslims exist, thats 1 in every 5 people on the planet, you can't brand them as not caring. The only thing about previous terror attacks is that some Muslims were in denial that a Muslim could perpetrate an attack but I have NEVER heard any Muslims that I know who are apathetic towards victims in crimes like this.

please stop the negative bullshit and lets build bridges, not push people farther apart

and no-- i'm not a progressive muslim, i'm a traditionalist, so.. you should restate that as

Minority extremists, minority progressives, majority traditionalists

islamist doesn't equal extremist!

:sad:

Last edited:
My prayers go out to all Londoners and to any Interferencers who may have been in harm's way today. We're like a family here and I just hope that none of us was injured or worse. I am so saddened by what happened today, but London is a great city and I'm sure Londoners will rise to the occasion and be strong. Such a shame that the G8 is going on and the leaders are talking about what they can do to help people less fortunate and poverty stricken and here these cowards are killing civilians. It just doesn't make sense.

dazzlingamy said:
I just think its funny that we have hundreds of thousands of 'white christian' or 'white jewish' or 'white anything' serial killers, bombers (like oklahoma etc), rapists, terorists, pshcyo army people who have killed a ZILLON times more people then any muslim yet they are now feared more then any one else.

its sad, disgusting and basically pathetic. Being muslim or looking middle eastern would be hell right now, and i feel for them, especially as like 99.9999 percent of them have nothing to do with these militia groups (such as we dont have anything to do with white supremist groups) yet seem to be all clumped in together.

Yes, people have committed murders in the name of religion in the recent past in places like Waco, Northern Ireland, etc. But over the last few years, al-Qaeda and other "Islamist" terrorist groups have pretty much declared war on the entire civilized world. That's why so much attention is being brought on these attacks.

Apathetic in terms of ideology, not sympathy. Any society has it's middle ground majority. Surely around the world the vast majority of people who are going about practicing their religion in a traditional manner and living their lives peacefully without ideological concerns one way or another count. 1.2 Billion people living their lives out, working for a living, worrying about survival and too often without massive ammounts of education. Regular people.

islamist doesn't equal extremist! (the word islamist implies that there is something in our religion and those who are following it correctly are the ones who are pulling the terrorist attacks, which is bullshit!!!)
They are a political movement which manipulate religion to their ends, this movement ~ from Muslim Brotherhood to Al Qaeda is labelled as Islamist. These movements which at their softest levels advocate theocracy and at the extreme level advocate violence as inherently wrong in that they do not allow for very much individual freedoms. Imposition of such governance on entire populations is the opposite of progressive movements ergo the dichotomy.

Last edited:
Irvine511 said:

well, they're collected from all over, but i did like them.

not to be too crass, but these people must really have a death wish if they're going to be picking fights with the Brits and the Yanks.

Still... I understand your patriotism and everything, but a lot of damage has been done in NYC, DC, Madrid and London and still no answer has been found.

A_Wanderer said:
Apathetic in terms of ideology, not sympathy. Any society has it's middle ground majority. Surely around the world the vast majority of people who are going about practicing their religion in a traditional manner and living their lives peacefully without ideological concerns one way or another count. 1.2 Billion people living their lives out, working for a living, worrying about survival and too often without massive ammounts of education. Regular people.

okay sorry about that tirade then, but it needed to be said nonetheless.. i'm enraged by these damn terrorists

but most importantly everyone's thoughts and prayers should be with those families who lost love ones

What a study in contrasts.......Yesterday the joy that came with the announcement of London being chosen for the Olympics in 2012 and now this:sigh:
I am glad everyone from here appears to be safe and sound.
My prayers go out to all Londoners........:hug:

speedracer said:

Yes, people have committed murders in the name of religion in the recent past in places like Waco, Northern Ireland, etc. But over the last few years, al-Qaeda and other "Islamist" terrorist groups have pretty much declared war on the entire civilized world. That's why so much attention is being brought on these attacks.

i'm not arguing that point, i understand why so much attention and why every tv station is tuned into this, but my point is, we as in whte people don't get the treatment that MANY MANY muslims and middle eastern appearance people are recieving.

eg
1. On a flight last week two men and three were "randomly" chosen to be strip searched. They were all of middle eastern appearance and the women were dressed in headscarfs. No one else (including two men drunk off thier asses and leering at every woman in sight me including were let through no worries)

2. I have a muslim friend who is stared at, belittled called a terorist and many other names when she is shopping in a local mall. She was even spat on by and older woman (though that incident did happen two years ago)

all im saying is, a few islamic extrmeists kill a few thousand people and suddenly we're killing middle eastern people left right and centre. thats all.

dazzlingamy said:

i'm not arguing that point, i understand why so much attention and why every tv station is tuned into this, but my point is, we as in whte people don't get the treatment that MANY MANY muslims and middle eastern appearance people are recieving.

eg
1. On a flight last week two men and three were "randomly" chosen to be strip searched. They were all of middle eastern appearance and the women were dressed in headscarfs. No one else (including two men drunk off thier asses and leering at every woman in sight me including were let through no worries)

When was the last time we heard about a white person crashing a plane into a building? When was the last time a white person blew up a bus? or beheaded someone on tv?

If I get on a plane, I'm gonna be suspicious of people in full muslim garb. I can rationalize with myself all I want but I will still be suspicious. If something happened on the plane and the men did not get searched, their would be an outcry as to why something was not done.

It sucks that this is happening to innocent people but I'd rather be safe.

dazzlingamy said:

eg

2. I have a muslim friend who is stared at, belittled called a terorist and many other names when she is shopping in a local mall. She was even spat on by and older woman (though that incident did happen two years ago)

all im saying is, a few islamic extrmeists kill a few thousand people and suddenly we're killing middle eastern people left right and centre. thats all.

Item (2) is certainly unacceptable. Item (1), sadly enough, makes sense. Have you ever been held up in an airport while some 8-year-old kid or some 92-year-old lady was being searched? Don't you think this would be rather annoying?

Last edited:
randhail said:

When was the last time we heard about a white person crashing a plane into a building? When was the last time a white person blew up a bus? or beheaded someone on tv?

If I get on a plane, I'm gonna be suspicious of people in full muslim garb. I can rationalize with myself all I want but I will still be suspicious. If something happened on the plane and the men did not get searched, their would be an outcry as to why something was not done.

It sucks that this is happening to innocent people but I'd rather be safe.

thats a very sad thought then indeed. i've worn a "muslim garb" many times, as well as virtually every muslim i know. the 9/11 terrorists were dressed up in shirts and ties. and the IRA didn't wear muslim garbs.

A_Wanderer said:
General rule of thumb when trying to kill a lot of people is too blend in.

Yeah, it's rather unlikely that terrorists would dress in a manner that sets them apart. But still, it makes logistical sense to "randomly" search young-to-middle-aged Middle Eastern males at a higher rate than others. You can't search everybody.

Well, in terms of Northern Irish terrorists, it is interesting to me that Loyalist groups were rarely referred to as 'Christian Terrorists', even though many claimed to be Biblical Christians and there were even a number of preachers involved in the Loyalist terrorist movement.

But racial and religious profiling is wrong, just think about the internment camps for Americans of Japanese decent during the second world war.

A_Wanderer said:
But racial and religious profiling is wrong, just think about the internment camps for Americans of Japanese decent during the second world war.

Interestingly Edgar Hoover seemingly opposed that. But we digress!

financeguy said:
Well, in terms of Northern Irish terrorists, it is interesting to me that Loyalist groups were rarely referred to as 'Christian Terrorists', even though many claimed to be Biblical Christians and there were even a number of preachers involved in the Loyalist terrorist movement.

Fair enuf. There's some xenophobia at play. Terror attacks by "Islamists" against the western world have only been going on for 20 years or so, as opposed to the century-long crap in Northern Ireland.

speedracer said:

Yeah, it's rather unlikely that terrorists would dress in a manner that sets them apart. But still, it makes logistical sense to "randomly" search young-to-middle-aged Middle Eastern males at a higher rate than others. You can't search everybody.

you just contradicted yourself

and yes, racial profiling is uncool and it will eventually degenerate into a Rwanda

bcrt2000 said:

you just contradicted yourself

Bzzzt. Try again.

One can change one's clothes, but it's really hard to change one's face.

A_Wanderer said:

I don't like racial profiling any more than you do, but there's a difference between searching someone at the airport and dragging them into an internment camp.

financeguy said:

the fact is that people are afraid of what they don't know. the media is western controlled, and they are all christians themselves, so they wouldn't brand it as christian terrorism because it would be degrading to themselves. but when it comes to a religion they don't know they will happily brand it as that.

today the egyptian convoy to iraq was killed-- even muslims are getting killed by these people

and london has a lot of muslims in it, i'm pretty sure even innocent muslims were injured and/or killed in those bombings

bcrt2000 said:

the fact is that people are afraid of what they don't know. the media is western controlled, and they are all christians themselves, so they wouldn't brand it as christian terrorism because it would be degrading to themselves. but when it comes to a religion they don't know they will happily brand it as that.

i think a difference is that while an IRA individual might set off a bomb in the name of a united Ireland (for lack of a better word), what we understand as an Islamist terrorist sets off a bomb in the name of God, or perhaps in the name of Muslims. the distinction of one being a Muslim/Islamist terrorist is a distinction made by the perpetrators of these acts themselves, not necessarily the media.

however, i do think it's fair to note that after Oklahoma City, we didn't bomb militia training camps in, say, Michigan or Wyoming or Montana.

more uniquely British resolve:

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?

This is London.

We've dealt with your sort before. You don't try and pull this on us. Do you have any idea how many times our city has been attacked? Whatever you're trying to do, it's not going to work.
All you've done is end some of our lives, and ruin some more.

How is that going to help you? You don't get rewarded for this kind of crap.

And if, as your MO indicates, you're an al-Qaeda group, then you're out of your tiny minds.

Because if this is a message to Tony Blair, we've got news for you. We don't much like our government ourselves, or what they do in our name. But, listen very clearly. We'll deal with that ourselves. We're London, and we've got our own way of doing things, and it doesn't involve tossing bombs around where innocent people are going about their lives.

And that's because we're better than you. Everyone is better than you. Our city works. We rather like it. And we're going to go about our lives. We're going to take care of the lives you ruined. And then we're going to work. And we're going down the pub.
So you can pack up your bombs, put them in your arseholes, and get the fuck out of our city."

http://www.lnreview.co.uk/news/005167.php

Back
Top Bottom