BEST way to DIE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dying in one's sleep is probably the best...I mean, you wouldn't feel anything, I'd imagine. Much better than being stabbed in the chest or shot in the head or something.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I am sitting on the crapper, I?m reading a book, as I start to look up I am blasted away by an assault rifle.
Oh no, already been done by John Travolta in Pulp Fiction.

Well then, when I?m old and feeble, I am sitting in my bed, reading a book, and I swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills. My own way in own time.

chain

In your sleep- its scary thinking of dying tho
frown.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

The best way to die is when you're having sex, right there and then when you reach climax. Now, THAT'S the way to go.

If you're gonna die, you might as well die happy.

BTW, Happy Valentine's Day.

Ant.

Originally posted by Anthony:
The best way to die is when you're having sex, right there and then when you reach climax. Now, THAT'S the way to go.
I was thinking about that too, but then I realized what a let-down that would be for your partner.

No, I think I wanna die while eating a big fat red steak and a huge baked potato with obscene amounts of garlic butter. And I probably will too.

Being assasinated because the power elite fear your power over the lower class. Martin Luther King, Gandhi, Abraham Lincoln, among others are good examples.

I'm not saying "please, someone kill me", but I think dying for your beliefs is the best way to die. At least you will be remembered for your courage.

Originally posted by Danospano:
Being assasinated because the power elite fear your power over the lower class. Martin Luther King, Gandhi, Abraham Lincoln, among others are good examples.

I'm not saying "please, someone kill me", but I think dying for your beliefs is the best way to die. At least you will be remembered for your courage.

This is true... But say Archbishop Thomas Becket of Canterbury... He was stabbed repeatedly, through which he lived, until they dashed his brain out all over the cathedral floor... A hefty price to pay for sticking by your convictions... But through that pain would be a great deal of respect, that would most certainly be worth it imho.

However, dying in the cold, or in ones sleep are the assumedly least painful ways to die... So I would prefer one of those.

However, that failing, I would like to fashion some sort of explosive device powerful enough to vaporise more/less all of my would be remains... then just get a boat of some sort, float myself into the middle of the atlantic, and boom... Go out with a bang, regardless that noone would see it, and noone would ever know what happened to me... But going out in a self controlled fireball would be pretty cool, just as long as it was an instant death.

Suicide is NOT the answer, my friends, I hope you are joking
frown.gif

------------------

"The only fitting memorial for those lives that were lost is the idea that the world is forever changed by this moment in time, that it is a better more inclusive place, & that we cut off the OXYGEN SUPPLY to these CRAZY FANATICS!" ~Bono 11/05/01

"So Mr. Bin Laden, I hear you have an intrest in our airplanes...Let me show you this one, we like to call it the B-52

Suicide is never a viable option, I know. Basically, if I was going to ever do it, I would have done so already, living sure as hell beats the alternative which is why I would never consider it. I just think itd be cool to go out in a big fireball without someone else killing you or being responsible for your death.

[This message has been edited by ~unforgettableFOXfire~ (edited 02-14-2002).]

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
It worked for Elvis.

Joyfulgirl

You?re right.

Was he not lying in the doorway, on the floor, of the crapper.

Being that it is Valentine?s Day, tell us, how would you like to go out?

If one was, say, an Iraqi defector who was captured by Saddam Hussein, then they have a real treat in store for them and their entire family. They will be placed in a "tub" or "pit" of acid that will take several hours to kill them as it slowly eats their body.

And in Saudi Arabia, they still practice the public executions by chopping off the head. And don't be a foreigner out there while this is going on, they like to push you up to the front so you can SEE it with your own eyes. They actualy cut off a finger or two hours prior to drain out some blood, so that when the head comes off it's not such a bloody mess.

Suddenly, a bullet to the head dosen't sound so bad
frown.gif

The best way to die, is when the good Lord comes and grabs your hand, and guides you to paradise.

"Then there will be no time for sorrow, then there will be no time for pain"

GOD Bless

This really is a morbid thread. I'd like to go like my great grandfather did. He fell asleep in the front pew of his church and never woke up. Sounds like the best way/place to go to me.

Originally posted by Not George Lucas:
What if the question is What is the word for the act of taking one's own life?

Huh? HUH??

Your no George Lucas, but you got me there
smile.gif

LOL

------------------

"The only fitting memorial for those lives that were lost is the idea that the world is forever changed by this moment in time, that it is a better more inclusive place, & that we cut off the OXYGEN SUPPLY to these CRAZY FANATICS!" ~Bono 11/05/01

"So Mr. Bin Laden, I hear you have an intrest in our airplanes...Let me show you this one, we like to call it the B-52

Originally posted by Peaseblossom:
This really is a morbid thread. I'd like to go like my great grandfather did. He fell asleep in the front pew of his church and never woke up. Sounds like the best way/place to go to me.

My friend's grandmother died playing the organ at church. Not so bad either.

Originally posted by chain:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
It worked for Elvis.

Joyfulgirl

You?re right.

Was he not lying in the doorway, on the floor, of the crapper.

Being that it is Valentine?s Day, tell us, how would you like to go out?

I thought Elvis was actually sitting on the toilet when he died, but I could be wrong.

As for how I would like to go...I meditate, and would ideally like to surrender the ghost peacefully during meditation. But whatever is quick and easy would work.

Joyfulgirl,

"As for how I would like to go...I meditate, and would ideally like to surrender the ghost peacefully during meditation. .."

I think Alan Ginsburg when out chanting.

Back
Top Bottom