Benjamin Netanyahu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

80sU2isBest

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Benjamin Netanyahu, fmr. Israeli Prime Minister said in an interview about an hour ago that the enemies of terrorism across the globe should take this pportunity to band together and "dismantle" every known terroristic group in existence. He said that if this does not occur, one day these groups will have nuclear capability (they are all ready working on it), and then the loss of life will be in the millions. Sounds very radical, but what do you think of this approach? 1st, do you support it, and 2nd, if you do support it, how can it be done?

As much as I hate war and killing, I think it's time to do what needs to be done.

------------------
"Look what you did you little JERK!"

"Kevin! You're such a disease!"

80's,

I'm inclined to agree with Netanyahu. Sadly, I doubt that it can be done. A nuclear strike by a terrorist organization may be inevitable in our lifetime.

MP

The world must stop them now. They have no care for innocent life. They dont want to take over countries or have legitamate things to fight for. They have no-one to answer too. They live in deserts and in small villages.

They need to be stoped and the countries harboring them must be held accountable. They are as bad as the terrorists.

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

I'm not convinced we should be listening to Netanyahu.

With increasing conviction I am believing that America should reevaluate its unwavering support of and alliance with Israel - strategic advantages be damned.

As much as they seem to believe it, the Israelis are not the Good Guys in the Arab-Israeli conflict. There are no good guys.

This is a ludicrous statement.

Firstly I hate to say it but one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. To blanket all minority groups around the world who seek political change is to be ignorent of their rationale and existence.
Nelson Mandela was a "terrorist" in apartheid South Africa. The East Timor independence movement was a "terrorist organisation", the israeli army is a terrorist organisation to certain palestinians and so on....

Ie. a terrorist is only one in the eyes of his enemy (don't get me wrong, i think the people who carried out these appalling recent acts are undoubtedly terrorists).

Think of situations where the western media comments apon "freedom fighters" and then how they may be viewed by the locals. In northern Ireland terrorists are being welcome back into the community (albeit a sick act to some) - as the only long term solution to terrorism is political agreement.

Sometimes this may need a military resolve but in the modern world you can't blast out peoples ideas, no matter how screwed up they are.

In a way my heart says I hope that the US, Europe, Russia and CHina got together and invade afghanistan (not that a remote possibility), but my head says it will ultimately never stop this sort of thing happening.

Originally posted by zoomerang II:
Nelson Mandela was a "terrorist" in apartheid South Africa.
Netanyahu wasn't speaking about groups that are labeled "terrorists". he was speaking of groups that ARE "terrorists"; groups that have been known to commit horrible crimes like Tuesday's act. Nelson Mandel may have been "labeled" a terrorist in South Africa, but in reality, he wasn't. he didn't murder innocent people intentionally. That's where the distinction is. Anyone can "label" people "terrorist", but sometimes it's easy to tell who they really are.

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
That's where the distinction is. Anyone can "label" people "terrorist", but sometimes it's easy to tell who they really are.
I vote for you to get the job to decide who's 'a labelled terrorist' and who's 'a terrorist'

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
That's where the distinction is. Anyone can "label" people "terrorist", but sometimes it's easy to tell who they really are.
I vote for you to get the job to decide who's 'a labelled terrorist' and who's 'a terrorist'
read my post again, and you'll see that I have identified "terrorists" as groups that have been KNOWN to do these kinds of acts. Also, you may vote for me to have this job all you want. I won't get the job. I am not paid to know that. But there are people who are paid to keep track of these organizations, and they know damn well who these groups are. They know a lot more about it than any of us.

Back
Top Bottom