Belfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trash Can

Acrobat
what's your opinion?

------------------
My love for you
It's in the things I do and say
If I wanna live I gotta
Die to myself someday.
Surrender.

No doubt. Every little thing that happens in NI is blown out of proportion. I'm not saying it is bombings and such are not big deals but they(the media) are just waiting to jump onto anything that happens there. I

In the case of the small children walking to school, i think if no media was involved whis situation would not be a problem. These fools love to go home and watching themselves on TV. Its a power thinkg and it makes them look like a supperior.

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Originally posted by bonoman:

In the case of the small children walking to school, i think if no media was involved whis situation would not be a problem. These fools love to go home and watching themselves on TV. Its a power thinkg and it makes them look like a supperior.

It's one thing to have your religion slandered but it's quite another to walk up to people and terrorize them!!!
This has been going on for years and years and it's not the children's fault it's the PARENTS. Those aweful Protestants and Catholics are teaching their children HATE.

The world should be MADE AWARE of the kind of people who live in Ireland and that it isn't just all shamrocks and jigs. These people have serious problems just like the rest of the world. The point is, THEY AREN'T HANDLING IT ARIGHT. They're not only a spectacle to the world but to the supreme God and his angels.

I'm SO VERY sad for those little children. Look at the terror, confusion, saddness in their faces.....how horrible it must be for them to have to deal with such disgusting acts while simply trying to go to school.

Each morning when I take my little one to school in his "Catholic school uniform" I think of those poor babies in Ireland, it brings tears to my eyes each time.

I know this may sound silly, but for those of you who have children, I'm sure you know how I feel. One of the most important feelings I believe I can provide my children is a sense of security, how sad that the young ones in Ireland (on both sides of the fighting) can't know that feeling.

Basically its also to do with the fact that the Catholics didnt let the Orangemen parade down the road at Drumcree.........so its like a 'payback' time for the Catholics, if u get my meaning............

I dont like it either............but nearly every two blocks is a heavy Nationalist or Loyalist area...........

Im am unhappy livin here........but thats life........Whats happenin right now is the lowest of low...........
frown.gif

This sort of thing, and MUCH worse happens everyday, all over the world, since the beginning of time.

And I focus on this one instant because the media shows it to me, and it brings out feelings of disgust.
"How dare THEY".
"THEY are evil."
"Something should be done about THEM."

I sit back, in judgement (and anger and rage) and condemn them.
I actually get this wierd satisfied feeling, in fact!
Same feeling I got with the Timothy McVeigh thing. I'M not him! HE is evil. HE deserves to die.

Then, the media loses interest. I lose interest. Hmmmmm, what's next to condemn, Dan Rather??

I forget N. Ireland.

And the hate there continues.
( Those terrorized school children WILL hate, you know. IF they don't already)

Peace?

------------------
My love for you
It's in the things I do and say
If I wanna live I gotta
Die to myself someday.
Surrender.

Back
Top Bottom