Baseball bat abortion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Irvine511 said:

he'd also have to be trained to do it which would then make him a doctor -- the person who is licensed to practice a medical procedure. if i sell my friend morphine it's illegal, but if a doctor administers me morphine -- because he is a *trained professional* -- it is legal.

My question is what would this boy be charged with? Praciticing medicine without a license or feticide?

U2Kitten said:

This boy did nothing more wrong than if he had driven her to the abortion clinic.

Right, because taking her to a place where it could have happened legally and safe and beating her with a baseball bat is the same.:|

I love how pro-life means they only care about the fetus but once it's out they don't give a fuck about life.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

It still wouldn't be legal if he wasn't a doctor. What's your point?

What I said to Irvine. What would he be charged with? Not being a doctor and performing a medical procedure or feticide?

thacraic said:

What I said to Irvine. What would he be charged with? Not being a doctor and performing a medical procedure or feticide?

Being the kid's 15 and has no clue what he's doing I'm not even sure why this question's being asked. Come on your stretching.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I love how pro-life means they only care about the fetus but once it's out they don't give a fuck about life.

Please show me facts of this statement. Show me where the vast majority of people who are pro-life do not donate to organizations that provide for orphans or unwanted children. Show me how people that feel life begins at conception do not care what happens once it takes its first breath in this world. Where are you getting this from?!!!!

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Being the kid's 15 and has no clue what he's doing I'm not even sure why this question's being asked. Come on your stretching.

Ok so what if he were 30?! How is that stretching. I am putting forth a plausable scenario. What would someone be charged with? Its a simple question!

Irvine511 said:
your logic is simply too black and white for reality, which is why the law in addition to being a living thing that changes and adapts and has degrees of legality, criminality, culpability, etc. if the law is anything, it's complex.

Complex, logical and based on principle.

I've simply questioned the emotional arguments that apply only in this case because, well, the case is so special.

And conveniently, we decree "life" and "not life" on unprincipled grounds.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Right, because taking her to a place where it could have happened legally and safe and beating her with a baseball bat is the same.:|

"Legal" or illegal, the result is the same- dead kid. I can't believe how one is justified and the other is terrible!

I'm not pro life I'm anti abortion!! I just stated in my other post how I detest all comfy terms for both sides of this argument. It's only pro and anti abortion!

thacraic said:

Please show me facts of this statement. Show me where the vast majority of people who are pro-life do not donate to organizations that provide for orphans or unwanted children. Show me how people that feel life begins at conception do not care what happens once it takes its first breath in this world. Where are you getting this from?!!!!

I hear too often statements like that made by U2Kitten where what this boy did was no different than driving her to a clinic. So many can't see where a woman was beaten with a baseball bat, somehow there hatred of abortion has blinded them to that fact.

The majority of pro-life are conservatives. The majority of conservatives are pro death penalty, they develop some of the worse education programs, and usually they don't want their taxes going anywhere that doesn't affect them personally.

I just don't see the same energy put out by pro-life groups(outside of the church) to harvest these lives. In fact they are much quicker to sentence them to death, throw them in jail for life for one drug conviction, quicker to support war, quicker to deny them medical care, and quicker to ignore the poor.

thacraic said:

Ok so what if he were 30?! How is that stretching. I am putting forth a plausable scenario. What would someone be charged with? Its a simple question!

Fine maybe both, I don't know. The point is they have no right to do what they are doing.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Since when does a 15 year old not know what they're doing? THAT'S a stretch.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I hear too often statements like that made by U2Kitten where what this boy did was no different than driving her to a clinic. So many can't see where a woman was beaten with a baseball bat, somehow there hatred of abortion has blinded them to that fact.

If the girl had been an unwilling victim I'd agree, but being that she wanted it and was in on it makes it very different and no worse than a girl going to a clinic and asking for an abortion. She wanted her child killed and she got the service performed.

As for the rest of your post, I am NOT pro life but anti abortion, and my views are not based on religion so stop stereotyping.

U2Kitten said:

If the girl had been an unwilling victim I'd agree, but being that she wanted it and was in on it makes it very different and no worse than a girl going to a clinic and asking for an abortion. She wanted her child killed and she got the service performed.

I'm not claiming the girl is innocent in this. But these instances are miles apart from each other. To claim this is the same as having a legal abortion is just ridiculous.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

About performing surgery?! Please look at the context of that statement thank you.

Okay I missed that in the requoting of the post! I thought you meant they didn't know what they were doing as if he didn't know it was bad.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I'm not claiming the girl is innocent in this. But these instances are miles apart from each other. To claim this is the same as having a legal abortion is just ridiculous.

Please explain why the baby is any less dead if it's killed in an abortion clinic!

perhaps the best anology is the death penalty.

it's one thing to have the procedure done in a controlled, sterile, *humane* environment, but quite another to torture a person to death.

true, it amounts in the same result, but there's a world of difference in the means to that end.

U2Kitten said:

Please explain why the baby is any less dead if it's killed in an abortion clinic!

I think the point is the woman is treated differently. It's obvious you are very anti-abortion, but even if a woman is to have one wouldn't you want it to be in a safe environment?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Actually U2kitten made a big deal out of not being pro-life, so I take it that she is anti-abortion, but not pro-life.

So to anyone who asks, "who is anti-abortion, but not pro-life" -- well there she is! And proud of it too! They have to be born, but after that.... :shrug:

Last edited:
But isn't this case typical of the things women did before abortion was legalized? And will do again if it is made illegal. Far better to stop trying to take away the needed option of abortion and work on having fewer unwanted pregnancies. That's not going to happen with the current "well, don't have sex" attitude, because that's not going to happen.

indra said:
But isn't this case typical of the things women did before abortion was legalized? And will do again if it is made illegal. Far better to stop trying to take away the needed option of abortion and work on having fewer unwanted pregnancies. That's not going to happen with the current "well, don't have sex" attitude, because that's not going to happen.

EXACTLY. It starts with education and our sex-ed still is light years behind where it should be.

It sounds like it's all picking and choosing to me. When it's medical tools, it's all good and dandy, but when it's a baseball bat, it's not professional enough, so that's how you dream this crap up? The liberal mindset on this issue is based on the legality, and I honestly see nothing more than that. Do I care about the person's life after they're born? Of course. The death penalty is touchy for me as well, I don't generally support it unless there has been more than one murder committed and both are proven beyond any reasonable doubt. I think doctor assisted suicide is an awful idea, and I don't see how it makes suicide any better. It's the same exact thing, as long as you have a doctor with you, everything should be legal. This is your mindset?

thacraic said:

Ok Mr. Condescending. You don't have to be a scientist to know that is what science states. Does it not state that? Then what are the laws based on? Or do I need to be a lawyer to know those kind of things?

darling, i was refering to your deliberate use of quotation marks -- the way i read your post, you don't believe that it's a scientific fact that a fetus is not a person. if you do, but are still anti-choice, that's a different matter. and if i read those quotes wrong, then i apologize, but you'd do well to refrain from the name calling as it weakens your arguments even further.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

because it isn't a baby. if it were a baby, we'd call it a baby. but because it's a fetus, not a baby, we call it a fetus.

Irvine511 said:
because it isn't a baby. if it were a baby, we'd call it a baby. but because it's a fetus, not a baby, we call it a fetus.
Same DNA, same parents, same genetics. Personally, I don't know how you can agree with an issue that doesn't even value your existence.

Macfistowannabe said:
It sounds like it's all picking and choosing to me. When it's medical tools, it's all good and dandy, but when it's a baseball bat, it's not professional enough, so that's how you dream this crap up?

:banghead: (first time I've had to use this one, but I really don't understand why some are having such a hard time seeing the difference)

Apparently you haven't read the whole thread or you too are so focusing on the "abortion" aspect of that you can't see where one is a surgical procedure and one is beating a woman. It's not that liberals are only thinking legality. Look abortions have been happening for a long time. Way before it was legal. Many of the procedures left the woman and the unborn dead. I think most liberals are just trying to keep an alternative from losing two lives.

Education is key. We still have very ignorant teens out there who have no clue how much of a responsibility sex is. Believe me I know. I personally never have to worry about getting pregnant but I've worked with teens and I know that some of them are clueless.

nbcrusader said:

Complex, logical and based on principle.

I've simply questioned the emotional arguments that apply only in this case because, well, the case is so special.

And conveniently, we decree "life" and "not life" on unprincipled grounds.

we agree on the first part. but i fail to see how the legalization of abortion -- determined upon medical distinctions made between a fetus and a baby combined with the well known and documented social and medical costs of denying women access to safe abortion -- is emotional and not based upon principle. we also create principles based upon distinctions, like distinctions made between an 8 week old cluster of cells and a 7 year old child.

and i don't think this case is so special. i bet you it happens often, and probably happened far, far more often pre-1973. and what are the emotional arguments you disagree with in this particular incident?

and your last statement is opinion, not fact, though you've presented it as such. could you explicate?

and i do appreciate your arguments on logic and principle, as opposed to the other wild "baby killer" arguments being offered here.

Last edited:
Macfistowannabe said:
Same DNA, same parents, same genetics. Personally, I don't know how you can agree with an issue that doesn't even value your existence.

Well come on. DNA doesn't make a baby, I have DNA in my hair.

Look at it this way. An 8 week old fetus when taken out of the womb will not develop into a child. It's a clump of cells. It takes more than a sperm hitting an egg to make a baby.

Macfistowannabe said:

it isn't a baby. it is a fetus. my parents wanted me, they valued my existence, and continue to do so to this day. i hope that every child born is as valued as i was, and that's really the goal behind those of us who believe in choice -- by enabling women to control their bodies, we are preserving life and improving the quality of life of everyone on the planet.

thacraic said:

My question is what would this boy be charged with? Praciticing medicine without a license or feticide?

last time i checked, hitting women with a baseball bat isn't a medical procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom