Barbara Bush - Please stick a SOCK in your mouth!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anitram said:

OK, that's just unreal.

Let me tell you something about being poor and losing everything. I lived in a developing country and lost absolutely everything in a war. When I say I was poor, I mean I had the clothes on my back. Literally, that was it.

When you have LITTLE and you lose that LITTLE, you have lost it all. It is much more profound for a poor person to lose the only scrap they have, and in many cases, all poor people have is each other, than it is for a Trent Lott to lose a house.

Do you think those people think they are better off because they lost family members, neighbours and their little trailer they lived in because somewhere down the road they'll get a bigger, shinier, newer trailer? I guarantee you they would give anything to go back to what they had.

There really are two different Americas if people think this way.

VERY well put! Thank you! I saw a clip on the news the other night. There was this upper middle class family that lost their home. I felt bad for them but it showed them out looking at new houses. So you know, they will bounce back. It's the people that dont have ANYTHING that will never recover from this.

Dreadsox said:

By my estimates he has been in charge since 1970. He tried earlier with the Kennedy assasination....and lost power when the nation farted an elected carter.....Then there was the Clinton years.....but....pretty much since 1970 Daddy has been running the shots.

:lol:

I laugh, but only because it is all too true.

Oh god, we're so divided on so many things these days, we've got to be up to about six Americas at this point.

No kidding Jay, what's up with Bill? I think Hillary needs to bitch slap him a few thousand times.

I used to work for a company that searched all forms of media and the internet for comments about clients like celebs and other famous ppl. I hope the Bush family gets that sort of service and I hope they see this comment.

you are all far too rich, you've lost touch with reality and frankly, you all suck. Have a nice day

Love,
Lisa

Do you think those people think they are better off because they lost family members, neighbours and their little trailer they lived in because somewhere down the road they'll get a bigger, shinier, newer trailer? I guarantee you they would give anything to go back to what they had.

Na.... for those on government assistance, this will be better. Look, I'm not saying that this was a good thing.... in no way. But the government will offer cash money for those people to relocate and rebuild. I've seen it first hand in the 93 flood. Many, many people made out way above what they had before. Money will flow into their hands.

Life loss, pain and anguish of upheaval, etc... are tremendous hardships, and nothing can heal those losses.

But for many, their lives will be better. If only for getting out of the hole that will flood again.

jay canseco said:
Clinton is now his fake-democrat buddy.

Why? For getting rid of partisan feelings and reaching out to his former enemy in order to use their status to do good in the world?

Re: Re: Barbara Bush - Please stick a SOCK in your mouth!!!!!!

Irvine511 said:

Kanye was wrong.

Barbara Bush doesn't give a shit about black people.

;)

:applaud: well said! In fact, it might be a Bush family motto... (or should I have said Republican motto) :hmm:

Last edited:
I didn't say anything about the good those two are doing now. Only that they're now buddies. And Clinton is a fake democrat.:wink:

I love that people try to defend such a dumb remark.
Maybe she meant....meant what? She meant just what she said.
She's ignorant.
She's a Bush.
If I said that no one, not even my friends would defend me.
If Clinton said it I wouldn't defend him.
Yet everyone is quick to say Moore is a (insert name here)
Why don't you try and see things his way?
maybe defend one of his remarks.
I never see real constructive criticism of him.
People just call him names.
I think it's funny that the people calling him a dumbass are usually dumbasses themselves.

Dreadsox said:
Let's lock Kanye and Barbara in a room together and see what happens?

Hmmmmm

you may not like it

but kayne is right

there is a complete disconnect

with this family and people of color

Sr.

called his grand kids "the little brown ones"

W. goes to Brazil
And says to the Head of State

"You got blacks, too"

and

now we got potty mouth, Babs, poppin off.

W doesn't care
unless he is giving bribe money to Armstrong Williams
or "Faith based loot” to a handful of Black ministers
so he can peel off enough of the black vote to carry a state like Ohio.

Wake up
and smell the gumbo.

Iskra, I was half-heartedly defending Bush as kind of a joke, but obviously it didn't work.

As for Moore, I do agree with him on quite a few things. However, his childish tone and over-the-top sarcasm does not help his cause. It makes it easier for people to dismiss his comments without hearing what he's saying.

doesn't matter what Moore says. The people who like him or agree will listen, the other side never will. It's preaching to the choir...

I was talking to a customer just yesterday about the storm and she simply could not understand that "these people, as she referred to them, have absolutely no money"? "Surely they have atm cards and can use them at a bank."
I backed off at this point because we are monitored on our calls so I just had to sit and listen while she babbled on about the first thing she would grab in a flood is her purse. I so wanted to go off on her...
There really are to Americas, and BB and this woman are prime examples of profound ignorance..

MadelynIris said:

Yes - it is actually going to work out well for them. They will get new homes, cash and new lives. In many, many cases, this new beginning will be much better than it was in New Orleans.

So, I understand what she is saying. For those that were more priveleged, it's gonna suck. Because they lost a lot, and will not ever, ever get it back.

The "more privileged" who lost their boats and cars and nice houses--they DIDN'T lose their fancy insurance policies. So don't expect me to buy that "Oh this will be good for the underprivileged" crap.

MadelynIris said:

Na.... for those on government assistance, this will be better. Look, I'm not saying that this was a good thing.... in no way. But the government will offer cash money for those people to relocate and rebuild. I've seen it first hand in the 93 flood. Many, many people made out way above what they had before. Money will flow into their hands.

Life loss, pain and anguish of upheaval, etc... are tremendous hardships, and nothing can heal those losses.

But for many, their lives will be better. If only for getting out of the hole that will flood again.

Yeah, right. It's better to have spent five or six or more days stranded in N.O. Hell and get a big shiny trailer to assuage your Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome than to have been speedily evacuated by a government (local and national) that knew what the fuck it was doing.

Yes, it's so much better to be left behind to fend for yourself when disaster strikes with the meager resources that you posses than to evacuate in your nice late model car with your cell phone in your hand and your stack of credit cards in your back pocket.

Yes, it's good to be poor. Right. Um-huh.

And btw, :censored:

MadelynIris said:

Yes - it is actually going to work out well for them. They will get new homes, cash and new lives. In many, many cases, this new beginning will be much better than it was in New Orleans.

So, I understand what she is saying. For those that were more priveleged, it's gonna suck. Because they lost a lot, and will not ever, ever get it back.

Spoken like the truly priveleged...:|

echo0001 said:

The "more privileged" who lost their boats and cars and nice houses--they DIDN'T lose their fancy insurance policies. So don't expect me to buy that "Oh this will be good for the underprivileged" crap.

Yeah, right. It's better to have spent five or six or more days stranded in N.O. Hell and get a big shiny trailer to assuage your Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome than to have been speedily evacuated by a government (local and national) that knew what the fuck it was doing.

Yes, it's so much better to be left behind to fend for yourself when disaster strikes with the meager resources that you posses than to evacuate in your nice late model car with your cell phone in your hand and your stack of credit cards in your back pocket.

Yes, it's good to be poor. Right. Um-huh.

And btw, :censored:

I'm with you! :up:

Let's clarify this "the underpriveleged are getting a good deal" bs with a little disclaimer: those that survive. Because let's face it, the vast majority of casualties come from the underpriveleged.

Yes, they're making out quite well, I'd say. :rolleyes:

anitram said:

OK, that's just unreal.

Let me tell you something about being poor and losing everything. I lived in a developing country and lost absolutely everything in a war. When I say I was poor, I mean I had the clothes on my back. Literally, that was it.

When you have LITTLE and you lose that LITTLE, you have lost it all. It is much more profound for a poor person to lose the only scrap they have, and in many cases, all poor people have is each other, than it is for a Trent Lott to lose a house.

Ah anitram I just appreciate your posts. As usual, you hit the nail on the head.

There is rich
and there´s poor

The Bush family grew up in a dynasty.

Does anyone really think they are that stupid? Same for Condi? I just can´t believe it. It´s not only that those people grew up in the high class and so they´re dumb and can´t imagine it. No, apparently they feel selected when they´re downgrading other people for their poverty.

I really wonder where the values of the Bush family are. Maybe the only one with a grain of brain is their lesbian daughter.

This reminds me so much of European monarchs, the way of expressing their power; Bush coming into the region only on Thursday, the cynicism that they cleaned up the mess right where he walked about while in other parts of NO people were still dying is the same like a monarch wading through a field of dead bodies while he talks about the etiquette fior the dinner.

It reminds me so much of our monarchs because the class differences used to be exactly the same. This upper class in Europe was very similar - and the new rich, the finance ministers and neo-conservatives are just the same.

It´s not that they didn´t know about poverty, no. They didn´t need to care about it. Because of their near-to-absolute power.

Same is happening here. Do you really think a person like Bush Jr. needs to care about poverty? Those people own the country. They can afford to be arrogant, and sometimes they like to see how far it gets them. And I am positive that half of the old rich in America giggle at their comments. They feel priviledged because they are priviledged and they want to feel priviledged and show it off. That´s all there is to it.

Last edited:
Unbelievable but really not that surprising considering some things she has said in the past. Maybe they should open their estate in Kennebunkport to hurricane survivors and they could all bow at her feet every day and fan her w/ palm fronds :rolleyes:

I saw her on Larry King last night. Bush Sr jokes about it but it's honestly not a joke, she seems to think her son is the second coming. That's not the same issue I know, but it has something to do w/ it. She will defend him about anything and everything. Not that it's inherently wrong to defend your children, but I think it is wrong to believe they don't deserve ANY criticism.

I'm not embarrassed to be an American, that ignorant woman doesn't speak for or represent me or plenty of other Americans.

deep said:

you may not like it

but kayne is right

there is a complete disconnect

with this family and people of color

Sr.

called his grand kids "the little brown ones"

W. goes to Brazil
And says to the Head of State

"You got blacks, too"

and

now we got potty mouth, Babs, poppin off.

W doesn't care
unless he is giving bribe money to Armstrong Williams
or "Faith based loot” to a handful of Black ministers
so he can peel off enough of the black vote to carry a state like Ohio.

Wake up
and smell the gumbo.

i might be wrong, but didn't W coin the phrase: "Hispano-Ricans"?

Sue, PLEASE tell me you are kidding about that ATM comment. Lie to me if need be. :huh:

Antriam, a voice of reality and reason, as always. If we ever meet at a U2 show, I'd love to buy you a beer. :) :up:

Back
Top Bottom