Bad taste or Political Correctness gone stupid!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm. How can it be that when people say things that are offensive -- they act surprised when others are actually offended?!

Gay sex and black penises are no longer fit for public discussion?

How about we just stop talking about sex or penises all together. That will fix everything.

Grant Denyer is such a knob - it's almost refreshing to see him break out of his shit-eating grin plastic mould and fuck it up. And Merrick and Rosso say much worse, especially in their live shows. Well, Merrick does, anyway. It's sad that this comment is the only interesting thing to come out of Channel 7, Grant Denyer, Dancing with the Stars, the Logies, and breakfast radio. What a recipe for edge of your seat excitement!
:yawn:

An awesome 48hrs in Australian television. What with the Logies, Kate Ritchie as our greatest television personality, Ray Martin f*cking up, Grant Denyer f*cking up, Jessica Rowe getting f*cked, Home & Away honoured as our greatest drama - we are truly blessed in this country. No wonder they shaft Sopranos et al off the schedule. Anyone catch 20-1 ot It Takes Two last night??!?!? Awesome stuff!

Earnie Shavers said:
An awesome 48hrs in Australian television. What with the Logies, Kate Ritchie as our greatest television personality, Ray Martin f*cking up, Grant Denyer f*cking up, Jessica Rowe getting f*cked, Home & Away honoured as our greatest drama - we are truly blessed in this country. No wonder they shaft Sopranos et al off the schedule. Anyone catch 20-1 ot It Takes Two last night??!?!? Awesome stuff!

Don't tell me Kate Ritchie won the gold. How embarrassing for them all. If I was John Wood or Lisa McCune, I'd develop sudden explosive agoraphobia from shame. I think I'd rather have a root canal than be nominated for, or win, Australia's biggest lack of relevance award.

Their shows (McCune & Wood) are mediocre. Our dramas really need a lot more cash allocated and a lot more time spent on writing. And a better awards event that actually recognises talent and real achievements, not just the faves of the (ever shrinking) TV Week readership demographic.

Earnie Shavers said:

Don't forget LAST CHANCE LEARNERS!!!

Holy shit, that has to be the stupidest TV show ever. I sometimes watch it just because I nearly piss myself laughing at how horrific it is.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
so jokes about the rather favorable stereotype that black men have large penises are now "offensive?"

That's what I mean...........it's like a Blonde firing up about how offended she is at the thought that Blondes "have more more fun!"

Axver said:

Don't forget LAST CHANCE LEARNERS!!!

Holy shit, that has to be the stupidest TV show ever. I sometimes watch it just because I nearly piss myself laughing at how horrific it is.

Ohhh! Thats tonight!!!!......I don't actually want to miss this......it's when that mental case goes ape-shit in the car!!!!! :lmao:

:reject:

oh, humour is certainly not dead. the nominations for best journalism piece were announced in a deadpan manner with channels 7 and 9 (i think - anyway, who are like a tv version of some rag magazine) alongside our SBS and ABC (who investigate real news such as international conflicts and the sexual assault problem in the outback. i cannot believe our commercial channels think their reporting falls under the classification of journalism.
:lol:

oh, humour indeed.
:scream:

Seeing as Headache has mostly no idea of what we're talking about, but continues to visit this thread, I thought I'd just post a picture of a random Australian television personality. Now, who comes up at complete random .... oh look! It's Perth newsreader Natalia Cooper! What a random choice!

index.php

Last edited:
It's actually pretty bad. I mean, you don't really feel at all sorry for people like Paris Hilton or Mimi MacPherson who are well aware there's a camera there, and are playing up to it, but little Sally is getting filmed by a hidden camera, and the tool she's in bed with is hamming it up at every opportunity. Giving thumbs up to the camera and stuff when she can't see. The story attached was that it was a one nighter and the guy made copies and distributed to friends the very next day, ie Grade A Arsehole.

Back
Top Bottom