Baby Born To Brain Dead Woman Dies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:( i hadn't heard that the baby died. i sawthe father on larry king a couple times too. how sad indeed :sigh:

I guess it's better to say nothing than something that doesn't need to be said.

All I'll say is........

that's how life goes sometimes

Somebody had to say it. It's better than feigning an emotional response.

EDIT:

Jason Torres had quit his job to be by his wife's side, spending each night sleeping in a reclining chair next to her bed. The couple had one other child -- 2-year-old Peter.

I respect his devotion. However... was that really the right action to take? It's not for me to decide, I suppose. I hope the best for Peter, though. I hope his father is capable of dealing and moving on, and making being the best parent he can be to his child. There is a time for grieving, and I accept that. I'm not unfamiliar with that...

Last edited:
For Honor said:

I guess it's better to say nothing than something that doesn't need to be said.

You would have been best to stop there.

That's a heartbreaking story. It's bad enough seeing someone dying from cancer and the impact it has on their family. That's a really strong man to cope with everything else, too. :(

Yep, I agree. And yeah, it is better to say nothing, For Honor. Pity you dont understand that.

Anyway, he must be a strong man indeed. It's awful. :sad:

:| Angela so many people on this entire forum, not just FYM (FYM especially however) don't understand that sometimes it's better to say nothing

I could only dream of finding a man like Jason Torres one day

I'm one of them. I shouldn't be so harsh. I apologise.

Mrs S, if there is to be a man for you out here, he is going to be an incredibly wonderful bloke. A gentle loving person like yourself couldn't have any less. I'm sidetracking, sorry again.

:hug:

Angela Harlem said:
I'm one of them. I shouldn't be so harsh. I apologise.

oh no, I didn't mean you at all, you have nothing to apologize for. Thanks so much, but it's never going to happen..anyway..this story just makes me so sad on top of everything else that's going horribly wrong

Sad beyond words.... it's hard not to question why one man, one family should have to bear so much pain. I just have to keep faith that all things - wonderful and tragic - happen for a reason, even if we never fully learn what that reason my be.

BluRmGrl said:
Sad beyond words.... it's hard not to question why one man, one family should have to bear so much pain. I just have to keep faith that all things - wonderful and tragic - happen for a reason, even if we never fully learn what that reason my be.

yeah.. is really sad... but I can't do less than admire that man, cuz he acted with the wisdom that love gives. and I wish him better days, to him and his son, cuz they deserve it.

myusernamehere said:

I suppose that is true in a callous world.

Empathy is not "feigning an emotional response"

I can't even image what the family is going through right now.

:sad:

I was refering to myself. My reaction did not involve crying, or to become sad, so I didn't say I was. I'm not going to lie and say that I feel aweful after reading an article.

If people really get teary from reading that, then that is their own way.

==

Angela Harlem said:
Yep, I agree. And yeah, it is better to say nothing, For Honor. Pity you dont understand that.

===========

It's also a pity that if I don't follow suite and post a -> :sad: or similar, I should just keep my thoughts to myself. Especially in this forum, I would expect people to be prepared for others having different viewpoints than their own.

Look, I know there are a lot of people in FYI who bend words and say things just to get reactions out of people, and all sorts of things. I accept being labeled "insensitive" or "callous", or whatever. But I don't think my comment was tremendously out of line, either.

That's just my opinion, though.

But I don't hold any malice towards anyone for their statements - I understand where you are coming from. Hopefully you might understand where I'm coming from by reading this, or I can explain even more if it's neccesary. That being said, I apologize for any unneccesary turmoil.

Good luck to Jason Torres + family, too.
It was not my intention to draw attention to myself and away from the article.

Back
Top Bottom