Aussies- Sponsor a Child........!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
I am sure by now that most of you would of seen the ads on TV about world vision wanting 10 000 new sponsors by the end of September, well I think that you should all join up to sponsor a child if you dont already and if you are working you most definetly......I can be honest here as I believe that it will be mainly Aussie's reading this, but c'mon on guys we live in the best country in the world and have so many freedoms and shit we even get free money off the government to look for work or study, just think about how many more unfortunate people there are in the world.......I have been thinking about sponsoring a child for ages and seeing the ads on TV just made me more determined to do it.....so I hope you all think about it and ultimately do something about it:)

I already sponsor. Little Jane in uganda. Not that she is little anymore, she's a teenager by now, she loves maths (poor girl!) and ball games. I would love to sponsor again, but as I have my own bundle of terror on the way, I have to wait to see what this little genetic time bomb does to the bank account.
I've been meaning to contact world vision about this for ages, but oz, do you know if there is a cut off age for sponsorship? We were wondering if they stop when the child reaches 18 or something, but we figured they may not as they already tell us the money goes not only to Jane's aunt and uncle who raise her, but her whole community, in kind of like an 'aid pool'.

Back
Top Bottom