Attention My Dear Conservatives...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemonite

I'm a chauvinist leprechaun
Conservatives, Republicans, the HORROR, alike,

I'm just dropping a few questions/thoughts on ya'll to see what you think.... In a bullet point format for easy 'Quoting' on down in the Free Your Mind Forum on Interference.com... It has been 'half a decade' you realize, no worries, It's being dreamed all up again.. Anyways on with the Bits and Pieces of My Mind...

1. Bill O Reilly is starting up with a radio show fairly soon.. well actually that was out of my ass, I just assume it's fairly soon, but what are your thoughts on him/having a radio show.. It's gonna be interesting, cuz it's the first time Rush will really have any sort of competition.. at least since all the news magazines were trumping that Howard Stern/Rush rivalry "back in the day"..

2. What are ya'lls take on Bush's latest actions in the White House lately, 1. With him and the rest of the republicans trying to stimulate the economy by allowing people to sit on their ass for 13 more weeks in this 'Stimulus' package, 2. and most notably.. well to the press at least.. the Campaign Finance Reform bill, which violates each and every one of the stipulations he requested about a year ago in a letter to Trent Lott.. There are others, the steel tariff bill for example, but i'm just interested in more of the 'Tone' Bush is setting, to the non-critical eye he's almost a Democrat's Dream President at the moment.. But we know there's More to the story.. (Just what do ya think it is?)

I've heard Rush give his opinions, Brit Hume, and others, but I's just wondering what ya'll think...

L.Unplugged

while I'm not conservative (not liberal, sorry, though I am a bit of a horror show myself), I figured I'd offer up an opinion...

I don't know how well O'Reilly will adapt to radio, I hope his radio show is half as good as his tv show (and also I hope it is syndicated to Washington DC soon), Rush is far too partisan to be taken seriously

the rest of it I don't care what games Bush plays with the Demis, he's going to be re-elected in 2004 -- end of story.

what do you folks think of the possibility of Tipper Gore running for Senate in Tennessee? and what about the recent reports that Hilary Clinton is rapidly gaining support as the front-runner to win the Democratic Presidential nomination in 2004... ?

also, how aggravated and perplexed were conservatives at the photo-op session with Bono and President Bush at the White House yesterday?

Originally posted by The Wanderer:

and what about the recent reports that Hilary Clinton is rapidly gaining support as the front-runner to win the Democratic Presidential nomination in 2004... ?

also, how aggravated and perplexed were conservatives at the photo-op session with Bono and President Bush at the White House yesterday?

It would truly be a national travesty if Hillary were elected, I think that among the majority of people, the Booing of her off stage during the Tribute to NY performances, sums up their feelings for her.

As a conservative, I'm actually thrilled Bush is seen having a 'photo-op' with the likes of Bono or Hugging Teddy Kennedy, It's more evidence to the claim that Bush has 'depoliticized' the presidency, and gives more and more credence that he is in it with what he feels is right, and works out of his heart.

L.Unplugged

Oh, man, I'm loving this crap!
smile.gif

O'Reilly...I think he's interesting. He seems to see everything in black-n-white, though, when there's a lot of gray out there. I'll tune in at least to check him out.

I hope Tipper loses to Bryan (if he runs) in TN, or I may have to move again. I will never for the life of me understand why any liberal would vote for her of all people when she spearheaded the PMRC. How gorey.

As for Hillary running for President...um, I'd rather see Bush get the election in 2004, if not him, then Ralph Nader. I'd have to miss work due to illness for a few months if Hillary or ALbert Gore won. *wretch*

bonofnattic, O'Reilly does indeed have very strong convictions, but he has shown time and time again he is very reasonable on a vast number of issues, and he is not afraid to take on a conservative or a liberal, it doesn't matter, if you're being dishonest O'Reilly will tear you apart; thus many people avoid his show altogether because they'd prefer cream-puff questions from Chris Matthews or Larry King

Back
Top Bottom