Assainate Bin Ladin or not? Pleasvote and exzplain your postion .Thank You.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Should we execute Bin Laden?

• Yes

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 25 53.2%

• Total voters
diamond said:

HipHop-
Now what has gotten into you:scratch: :angry: ?
I speak for the peaceful minded ppl of this planet which happen to abhor terror and those that facilitate the practice of terror..
as I hope you do.
Do you..?:help: :slant:

Peace-
diamond

I do, Daddy. :lol:

Orwell I diggit - -

Anyway I think the poll is disgusting.
Bad Daddy :tsk: :scratch: :hug:

Peace :angel:

Bin Ladin probably died back in December. There has been no sign of him since then.

I would like it if a Special Ops Senior guy (in his late 40's) found him in some decrepit house in Pakistan somewhere.

I would like it if he quietly took out his revolver and made OBL turn around.

I would like it if he then sent one non-descript black market bullet through the back of his skull, left the room and did not tell anyone what happened.

Someone would find the body, someone would find the execution style murder, and then report it to the media.

It would not be proved we did it, and it would not matter - he would be gone from the face of the earth.

ouizy said:
I would like it if a Special Ops Senior guy (in his late 40's) found him in some decrepit house in Pakistan somewhere.

I would like it if he quietly took out his revolver and made OBL turn around.

I would like it if he then sent one non-descript black market bullet through the back of his skull, left the room and did not tell anyone what happened.

Someone would find the body, someone would find the execution style murder, and then report it to the media.

It would not be proved we did it, and it would not matter - he would be gone from the face of the earth.
:up:
exactly what ouizy said.

-clean
-quick
-simple..

the dimonprogram

db9:cool:

Last edited:
ouizy said:

But America said the aim of bombing Afghanistan was to kill bin Laden, so why wouldn't you want people to know if an American did kill him?

fizzing-
when u gloat u lose..it loses the effect.

the victory would b both symbolic and removing 1 less threat in the world.
it would also send a message to future wannabe binladens.

db9:cool:

Re: he probably is already dead...

Lilly said:

i think the best punishment for him would be to give him a sex change and drop him in the islam he created wearing something even britney spears would blush at.

Totally agree! :up:

I agree, by killing him and then bragging about it, the US would gain absolutely nothing but a true holy war on their hands - even from extremists who did not follow Bin Laden.

Extremists have a way of spinning the truth and by bragging about this, they would create a "martyr" out of him and bring more death to the US.

By claiming we knew nothing about it, or by claiming we flat out did not do it, it gives 2 distinct advantages:

1. We have the 'out' by saying we knew nothing of it. Yes, there would be repercussions, but less so than saying "Whoo-hoo we killed our enemy, come and get us."

2. We would kill him and know he is dead, which is our objective in the first place.

Definitely not. For three reasons:

1) I don't support the death penalty. In fact I believe it should be universally abolished. Re this item I fully subscribe to FizzingWhizzbees's statement.

FizzingWhizzbees said:
No - I don't support the death penalty under any circumstances.

I believe the state has a right to imprison people either as punishment or to protect other citizens. I don't believe it has a right to kill people.

2) Sentencing him to death will do nothing but make him a martyr in the eyes of his followers who in turn will be more eager to concoct and put into practice crazy retaliation plans.

3) Eliminating him will solve nothing since until groups like Al-Qaeda are massively supported (i. e. terrible living conditions, lack of education, etc continue to exist in the area), someone else will quickly replace bin Laden and continue with his work.

ultraviolet7 said:
Definitely not. For three reasons:

1) I don't support the death penalty. In fact I believe it should be universally abolished. Re this item I fully subscribe to FizzingWhizzbees's statement

I really don't believe in it either if a criminal is captured and can be put away at no danger to anyone else.

However, there are always circumstances that make me agree with it: IN the situation with bin laden I agree with my lovely liberal mother, who states she could care less what happens to any of those people (bin laden and al queda, terrorists in general), meaning they could die horribly and she would sleep well.

I believe in these special circumstances we are better off carrying out the law.

Also, I only believe in taking another life as a last resort in self-defense of country, family, and lastly self.

2) Sentencing him to death will do nothing but make him a martyr in the eyes of his followers who in turn will be more eager to concoct and put into practice crazy retaliation plans.

Very simply put then we wipe them off of the face of the earth with extreme prejudice, the world simply cannot allow this terror

3) Eliminating him will solve nothing since until groups like Al-Qaeda are massively supported (i. e. terrible living conditions, lack of education, etc continue to exist in the area), someone else will quickly replace bin Laden and continue with his work.

Who is going to support them?

They do not take aid from people especially from infidel satans like the arrogant americans?

They empower themselves by enslaving others and oppressing their own.

They are also very well-funded.

I'm sorry but the logic is very naive. IF these "bin ladens" are going to step up because of the "poor conditions" [sic] against the great satan who deserved it anyway because of isolationism and slavery and stealing from indians then consider this: at the very least they are 100 times more guilty of the very same thing.

Last edited:
GOP-Controlled Whortense said:
Actually, perhaps it should be done to look like a suicide. Death and no martyrdom.

good idea, that would crush the morale of his followers.

However, I like the idea you said earlier :wave:

I voted no, i am agianst the deathpenalty for two reasons.
First, deathpenalty is like a bankruptcy of our society and i do not believe in revenge. It like a abortion, not wanted anymore, remove it.
Second, it is said here before. Killing him will make him a hero for his followers.

z edge,

originally posted by z edge
I really don't believe in it either if a criminal is captured and can be put away at no danger to anyone else.

However, there are always circumstances that make me agree with it: IN the situation with bin laden I agree with my lovely liberal mother, who states she could care less what happens to any of those people (bin laden and al queda, terrorists in general), meaning they could die horribly and she would sleep well.

I believe in these special circumstances we are better off carrying out the law.

Also, I only believe in taking another life as a last resort in self-defense of country, family, and lastly self.

OK. Don't agree anyway. Since this is supposed to be a free forum we are both entitled to our own opinions. There was no need however to reply to me in particular regarding the death penalty since a few others expressed this same opinion previously in this thread.

then we wipe them off of the face of the earth with extreme prejudice, the world simply cannot allow this terror

Great slogan. The Bush Pro War propaganda team is missing out on some extraordinary talent. Someone ought to let them know.

Who is going to support them? etc...

Your reply to my third statement shows that you missed completely my point. I did not say that terrorist groups like Al-Qaeda "step up because of the poor conditions". Poverty, substandard living conditions, hunger, lack of education, etc are a fertile ground for groups like Al-Qaeda to flourish. Why? Because these groups claim to fight against the cause of real grievances that affect ordinary people in their everyday existences, a quality that makes them attractive for these people, who see no other way of being heard, to follow and support them - ideologically obviously, not financially since they barely have enough to eat. So the answer to your first question is the same people who are supporting them now, unless you are calling for a mass massacre in the Middle East.

However it is clear that groups like Al-Qaeda lean on legitimate motivations and widespread ignorance which lead people to follow them and even in some cases join them, as a cover-up to push forward their own agenda. And it's clear that their own agenda couldn't be further from holiness in the same way the West's agenda couldn't be further from "fighting for freedom". The bottom line here is concentration of power in the area and gaining control over the oil business which is what both sides are fighting for.

What I'm trying to point out is that as long as the present grievances continue to exist people will be ready to follow and support groups like Al-Qaeda. In fact if conditions weren't given for ordinary people to support them, I mean that people were living under decent conditions, were educated, didn't have particular claims (such as Palestinians to an independent state) ignored by the international community unless they resort to extreme measures, these groups would have no support at all. In fact it would be the same ordinary people who would try to isolate them and get rid of them because they would see that their presence could very well put at stake their normal (and satisfactory) lifestyle. I mean that there would be no ground for these groups to operate as freely as they do now: they would not be harboured by most countries (as there would be no room for fanatical leaders and dictators), they would not have so much manpower readily available, ordinary people wouldn't collaborate with them, etc. In fact they would be much weaker than they are now and much more easily done away with if they didn't disappear by their own initiative.

They do not take aid from people especially from infidel satans like the arrogant americans?

Meaning?

They empower themselves by enslaving others and oppressing their own.

They are also very well-funded.

That they are very well funded - there's no doubt, still their outward causes are attractive for poor and uneducated people to follow. That they empower themselves by enslaving others and oppressing their own - no, I think you're mixing things up. It's governments like the Taleban or the Iranian or the Pakistani regimes who oppress their own - not terrorist groups. It's true however that terrorist groups are supported/harboured/helped whichever you like by these governments. However it would be interesting to remember that some of these regimes were supported and even helped into office by the US in the past because their presence at the lead of these countries was deemed useful by the US to defend/preserve American "national interest" .

IF these "bin ladens" are going to step up because of the "poor conditions" [sic] against the great satan who deserved it anyway because of isolationism and slavery and stealing from indians then consider this: at the very least they are 100 times more guilty of the very same thing.

You don't really believe that the great satan's sins of "isolationism, slavery and stealing from the Indians" are the reason they sustain to justify their fight against the US, do you??? In any case their resentment towards the West stems from its imperialist policy in the area. You called my logic naive. What should your logic be called for this statement?

BTW (sic) is used for textual quoting normally when the spelling or grammar is suspect. The expression "poor conditions" which may be gramatically incorrect in this context was nowhere to be found in my original post. When you claim to make textual quotes please try to make sure that they are exactly what it was said/written.

It is my observation that al Qaeda enjoys situations where education is lacking, and it certainly is not part of their agenda to expand access to education.

~U2Alabama

hmm thats a tough one. I voted no, i would not like to see him assassinated, because i think I would prefer the rule of law to prevail, although there is probably some merrit in peoples feelings about assassination.

I would like to see him hauled up before the international war crimes tribunal, or something like it, or even an american court, although i would be worried about the traumatic affect that may have on the families of victims i suppose.

Imagine if he was captured by British or Australian soldiers - both countries like canada where they will not hand over a prisoner facing the death penalty :ohmy:

If the verdict is execution then so be it, but the question was about "assassination" and that means without trial.

zoomerang II said:
hmm thats a tough one. I voted no, i would not like to see him assassinated, because i think I would prefer the rule of law to prevail, although there is probably some merrit in peoples feelings about assassination.

I would like to see him hauled up before the international war crimes tribunal, or something like it, or even an american court, although i would be worried about the traumatic affect that may have on the families of victims i suppose.

Imagine if he was captured by British or Australian soldiers - both countries like canada where they will not hand over a prisoner facing the death penalty :ohmy:

If the verdict is execution then so be it, but the question was about "assassination" and that means without trial.
Osama dosent respect the 'rule of law' nor ever want to.:|

I marvel at the BinLaden Apologists folk here..:shifty:
Would you also NOT want to assaninate/exucute..

-John Wayne Gacy
-Jeffery Dahmer
-Charles Manson
-Milslovec
-Gangus Kahn
-Adolf Hitler
-Stalin

some of you amaze me..
Would prefer to read bedtime stories to these irretevable folk and sing "Koombajah w them?":scratch:
Let us know;)

DB9

:slant: :::

Last edited:
Just WHO are you to get into not your business and not your country , example Iraq and Sadam Hussein , and Stalin was a fuckin smart ass , not a good one , maybe . :rant: :no: :rant: :rant:

diamond said:

I marvel at the BinLaden Apologists folk here..:shifty:
some of you amaze me..
Would prefer to read bedtime stories to these irretevable folk and sing "Koombajah w them?":scratch:
Let us know;)

Diamond, I don't think anyone here is really an apologist for bin Laden - nobody is saying he's a great guy and deserves to live a long, happy and free life. It's just that some of us don't believe that we have the right to kill people, no matter what crimes they have committed. We're not saying they should go entirely unpunished - just saying that killing them isn't an option as punishment.

Well Fizzing thats ok..lets just say we disagree on what form of punishment.Ok?:wave: :D :sexywink:

I promise you this however..
diabolical murderers, terrorists, psyco/socialio(sp)-paths favor your line of thinking..

They giggle silently..thinking they played you:)

DB9

diamond said:

diabolical murderers, terrorists, psyco/socialio(sp)-paths favor your line of thinking..

DB9

Well that may be so. I'm also in good company in opposition to the death penalty, from human rights organisations such as Amnesty International, for example.

Still, I'm sure those who believe women should be stoned to death for committing adultery (as was discussed in a recent thread) favour your line of thinking, so we're about equal in the agreeing with some not so great people stakes ;)

FizzingWhizzbees said:

Well that may be so. I'm also in good company in opposition to the death penalty, from human rights organisations such as Amnesty International, for example.

Still, I'm sure those who believe women should be stoned to death for committing adultery (as was discussed in a recent thread) favour your line of thinking, so we're about equal in the agreeing with some not so great people stakes ;)

Dont think so.
Just becuz Amnesty says such and such I believe carte blanche EVERYTHING they stand for-
I agree w/their stance on polictical prisoners ect..
and Im ok w/me over that:)

Your second stament bordered on lunacy..silly goose;)-
esp w ALL the girls that CHEATED on me..my arm would be worn out heaving all those damn stones!!
..I never pick up one rock..I did throw a loaf of bread at 1 cheater tho:angry:

thank u-

DB9:dance: :banghead: :sexywink: :cool:

Last edited:
diamond said:
Well Fizzing thats ok..lets just say we disagree on what form of punishment.Ok?:wave: :D :sexywink:

DB9

Do you think so ? Murderers, terrorists, psycowhatever already knows if they get catched, that they will be put to sleep forever.

Rono said:

Do you think so ? Murderers, terrorists, psycowhatever already knows if they get catched, that they will be put to sleep forever.

NO Rono, NOT in this country..
They know they will be-
coddled
researched
studied
and
even fawned over -(by some) in our country as we are very intrigued and capitvated by their oddity/uniqueness.

They play many here that way:)

DB9

diamond said:

NO Rono, NOT in this country..
They know they will be-
coddled
researched
studied
and
even fawned over -(by some) in our country as we are very intrigued and capitvated by their oddity/uniqueness.

They play many here that way:)

DB9

:help:
I thought you were from the US, diamond? And the death penalty is certainly used there, not in every state admittedly, but in very many of them. So surely a murderer etc know that in the US if they are caught there is a possibility they will face execution?

Back
Top Bottom