Ask the Teenager?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
I suppose that's my most notable characteristic of me in terms of the FYM population. :shrug:

Ask.

How confident are you that your opinions are based on sound reasoning, that the conclusions you have arrived at - are correct?

(It may be helpful to include a percentage with your answer, i. e.
60%, 75%, 99%, etc.)

MrBrau1 said:
why is youth wasted on the young?

We steal it.

Lila64 said:
What do you feel is an acceptable curfew?

4:30 AM.

deep said:
How confident are you that your opinions are based on sound reasoning, that the conclusions you have arrived at - are correct?

(It may be helpful to include a percentage with your answer, i. e.
60%, 75%, 99%, etc.)

84%

No spoken words said:
Why are you a douchebag?

Too much time spent around Beav, probably.

where do you see yourself in 5 years?

where did you see yourself in 5 years 5 years ago and where did yourself of 5 years ago predict you'd be when 5 years later you were asked where you'd be in 5 years?

Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can't locate the U.S. on a world map. Why do you think this is?

Irvine511 said:
where do you see yourself in 5 years?

where did you see yourself in 5 years 5 years ago and where did yourself of 5 years ago predict you'd be when 5 years later you were asked where you'd be in 5 years?

In five years, I see myself in my senior year of college. I don't know exactly what school, but probably something along the lines of Penn State. I want to stay in the northeastern US. I'd like to stay local, if possible. There's a lot of colleges around the Philly area, so there's a lot of possibilties around here alone. I think I'll be studying business administration or operations.

Five years ago, I probably would have seen myself today as a much more nerdy version of myself. I used to be a huge nerd, did a shitload of homework, got high A grades, all in middle school. Now, I'm a good student, but I'm nowhere close to as dedicated as I used to be. I'd think I was conservative, because 2003 PF26 WAS a conservative. I went independent around in 2005, and liberal in 2007, just from the evolution of my views.

Five years ago, I would have said that in five years when I was asked where I'd be in five years, I was moving to California, going to school somewhere near the Bay Area. I would have said that I'd be studying to be a lawyer.

2861U2 said:
Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can't locate the U.S. on a world map. Why do you think this is?

I have no idea. Maybe it's because there's maps in most classrooms, but every single person I know would know where the US is on a map. Maybe people just forget when they get older. That stat has always dumbfounded me, though. Just from watching the news, they show world maps all the time. One couldn't figure out where the US is? I have a feeling that stat is exxagerated.

No spoken words said:
Do you have a heightened sense of revenge?

Depends on who and what. And do you mean heightened in comparison to older people?

No spoken words said:
In comparison to other teens. Your peers.

I'd say I have a very ordinary sense of revenge. I enjoy wit and irony, not brute force, so my revenge is more mental as opposed to physical. I'd say it's average though.

Dalton said:
Do you have any pals? Pal.

I do, as a matter of fact! I have a posse of essentially 8 guys, including me. It's fun. Pal.

Lila64 said:
Have you ever tried smuggling handcuffs, duct tape, rope and other items on to a flight?

No, although who could blame you for duct tape? That shit can do anything.

No spoken words said:
Your thrist for power is well documented. What, if anything, slakes that thirst?

Nothing, really. I enjoy mentally pwning, but that only goes so far and only lasts so long. It's never enough.

snowbunny00774 said:
What has happened or occured to you in 5 yrs that you now see yourself local as opposed to cali and not as a lawyer?

Hmm ... well, I just don't see California as being nearly as practicle. It's ridiculously expensive and isn't nearly as appealing to me as it once was. Now, sure, I can't be certain of what I want just yet, not having done it all or expereicnced too many different things, but I like this area, and having a bunch of ties to it that are all close by. It's comforting in some ways.

Not as a lawyer? Because I realized it wasn't just Law & Order stuff, and for the most part, isn't, in summary. I think at age 11 I thought law was really cool and really flashy. Since then, I've realized there are many differences to it. Now, I'm not opposed to it, but I don't see it as being prevalent to me as much anymore.

snowbunny00774 said:
How often do you write anything with a pen and paper?

Most of the time in school, but I write here and there. I have a list next to my computer of songs I want to buy on iTunes at some point that I jot down.

I have an extremely unique handwriting, and I write in all capital letters, so there's that.

have you learned cursive at all?

is it common practice to write at school still?

also, when conversing with your friends, do you* speak mostly in statements or ask each other lots of questions, and if one makes a statement do you leave it be mostly or question it for full understanding.

*by you I mean teenagers in general, so your peer group and teenagers you observe at school that may be in a different social group.

snowbunny00774 said:
have you learned cursive at all?

is it common practice to write at school still?

also, when conversing with your friends, do you* speak mostly in statements or ask each other lots of questions, and if one makes a statement do you leave it be mostly or question it for full understanding.

*by you I mean teenagers in general, so your peer group and teenagers you observe at school that may be in a different social group.

I learned cursive in the fourth grade. I still don't know how to write capital T's and F's in cursive, for some reason.

It's very common. I mean, we have a lot of computers in the school, but usually you don't need them, and even when you do, they're usually being used by another class. I still write 95% of the time in school.

The last question you ask is quite complex. I'm trying to analyze how we converse. I don't imagine it's terribly different from normal conversation. Probably a little more crude humor, sure, but the format of the conversation? I mean we don't let each other off the hook on some vague or questionable statement, if that's what you mean.

phillyfan26 said:

I learned cursive in the fourth grade. I still don't know how to write capital T's and F's in cursive, for some reason.

It's very common. I mean, we have a lot of computers in the school, but usually you don't need them, and even when you do, they're usually being used by another class. I still write 95% of the time in school.

The last question you ask is quite complex. I'm trying to analyze how we converse. I don't imagine it's terribly different from normal conversation. Probably a little more crude humor, sure, but the format of the conversation? I mean we don't let each other off the hook on some vague or questionable statement, if that's what you mean.

It is quite complex and actually I'd prefer if you didn't answer right away.

Can you maybe observe over the next few days how you and other peer groups interact in terms of conversation.

I know it's a bit bit vague...I'll see if I can come up with what I'd like to know in a better format. hmm.

What do you think the norm is for your conversations? I'd like to see if I can draw a comparison.

I'm going to have figure out a way to explain this a little better.

I will demonstrate it so that you can draw a comparison. give me till tmw.

okay - here is a very very simplified version of what I mean.
hopefully it makes some sense to you.

teen 1: I don't like coconut
teen 2: I like it, but I hate apples
teen 1: weird.

other 1: I hate coconut
other 2: I like it!, What about it don't you like?
other 1: the texture
other 2: the texture doesn't bother me, (and perhaps add more on here - taste, etc.)

Does it piss you off that your generation can't rock like this?

bowie_06.jpg

Back
Top Bottom