Ask the Homo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Irvine511 said:

yes, blame the gays. because if there's someone to hold responsible for a teenage gril getting pregnant, it's a 50 year old couple in San Francisco who like to garden on Sundays and watch foreign films :huh:

LOL :wink:

AcrobatMan said:
Do you like boobs ?

from an aesthetic standpoint. breasts are beautiful, and i can admire the female figure and i can certainly tell when women are attractive. i admire beautful women the way you can admire a painting, a buildling, a sunset, or any object pleasing to the eye.

i just don't want to have sex with a woman.

last night, even, the woman who lives in my basement showed me a rather artful book of alterna-chicks with piercings, crazy hair, and an East Village/Williamsburg vibe. it was filled with them rolling around and posing, and while i enjoyed looking at the pictures, my mind was working the way it would if i were lookign at a painting or reading a book -- admiration, but no lust.

no bloodflow, if you know what i mean.

I have a silly question - do you find yourself more attracted to blondes, brunettes, redheads, black hair-or does it not matter to you at all? Older or younger men?

Maybe that's been asked already, this thread is old and so long, but one of the best ever :)

MrsSpringsteen said:
I have a silly question - do you find yourself more attracted to blondes, brunettes, redheads, black hair-or does it not matter to you at all? Older or younger men?

Maybe that's been asked already, this thread is old and so long, but one of the best ever :)

it always depends, but my type tends to be taller, darker, and with muscles. i also like blue eyes. i'm attracted to masculine men, but that doesn't mean that i can't find a redhead attractive (my first time was with a red head) or a blonde attractive. i'm not a body fascist, as i've dated men with perfect bodies and men with ample extra padding around the middle. i am a stickler for good grooming, and i also need a nice set of teeth. clean, straight, and whtie. just one of my things.

generally, men like this tend to be a bit older than me. i tend to go for guys my age into their early 30's. and frankly, many gay men in their 20's annoy me -- they seem to be very skinny, loads of attitude, loads of hair product, ... we call them twinks, and i neither look like a twink nor am attracted to a twink.

yes, the gay world has lots of types. the two most obvious, and physically polar opposite, are twinks and bears.

twinks are young, lean, smooth, usually found in bars and clubs and tend to have attitudes and are more often than not effeminate. it's these kinds of gay people that make some straight men most homophobic because they can be very in-your-face about being different (and yet, they all look alike to me).

bears are big, burly, hairy, and very masculine. they like pool, motorcycles, leather jackets, and facial hair. they tend to live in the west, especially San Francisco, and are proudly apart from the temple of body worship that so much of gay culture falls under.

and, of course, most gay men fall into neither category.

i actually look like a twink and a bear mated -- i have a very young, boyish face (i'm 27 but look 22) with light hair and blue eyes, but i have a very solid build, a reasonably hairy chest, and look like a former rugby player.

That's interesting, I admit I'm naive about that terminology, etc. I assume twink comes from "twinkie", probably I'm wrong :wink:

I think it's interesting that there are parallels w/ what you're talking about and straight men falling into similar types of categories, but of course it's preferable to define someone by what kind of person they are like you have said.

yes, Twink comes from Twinkie.

not totally sure of the history of the word, though.

probably something to do with creamy white filling ...

;)

Sorry if you have already asked these questions! Iam very new to this thread :)

What famous men(music&movies)that havent come out yet ,do you think are gay?

Cheers!

MrsSpringsteen said:
what non-physical qualities do you find attractive in a man?

my number one quality that i look for in all people is basic kindness, followed by intelligence -- but an intelligence that finds the world interesting and wants to always learn, to do more, to see more, to live more, to experience more. i'm also a big fan of simple politeness and good manners, general common decency.

after that, i like men who are handy, who are better with the little practicalities of life -- like, you know, balancing a check book -- than i am. in a relationship, i'd rather be the weird one, so i suppose i'm attracted to stability. i also enjoy a keen sense of irony, of viewing the world as an observer and being able to understand it from a slightly detached viewpoint -- that makes everything funnier. and laughter is super important.

LadyRhia said:
Do you like QAF? Its one of my fave shows,so sad its the last season :sad:

i have very mixed feelings.

it's compelling melodrama, and it's also rather dark, there's more than a touch of nihilism in the show. it's really addictive, and there's loads of eye candy, so from that standpoint, great TV.

i also don't like how it recycles and reinforces stereotypes, and it also sets up a kind of expectation for gay men to always be at the bars and clubs and to have the kind of sex life that Brian enjoys. but that's what TV does to all people ... it's about as true to gay life as The Sopranos is to Italian life, which is to say that it offers an amped up drama that is, of course, rooted in reality but is hardly reflective of the diversity of gay life and experience.

i don't think anyone would want to watch a show about the gay university professor in Berkeley or the middle aged couple in Seattle who garden on the weekends.

LadyRhia said:
What famous men(music&movies)that havent come out yet ,do you think are gay?

there are people who are "out" but not famously out, and they sometimes surprise me (like the lead singer for Husker Du, for example).

those in the closet? hmmmm ... it's less that these people are exclusively gay but have had semi-famous gay encounters at some point. but then there are some who are totally gay, and just not out.

all these are *rumors* ... i cannot be sued!

Tom Cruise (duh)
Julia Stiles
Anderson Cooper
Kevin Spacey
Scot McClelland
James Dean
Anthony Hopkins
Jennifer Aniston
Sean Hayes (we all know, but he's never admitted it)
Nicole Kidman
Tobey McGuire
Russel Crowe (my ex swears he knew a flight attendent who had sex w/Crowe in the bathroom of a Quantas airplane)

when i think of more, i'll post them

Last edited:
Irvine511 said:
my number one quality that i look for in all people is basic kindness, followed by intelligence -- but an intelligence that finds the world interesting and wants to always learn, to do more, to see more, to live more, to experience more. i'm also a big fan of simple politeness and good manners, general common decency.

after that, i like men who are handy, who are better with the little practicalities of life -- like, you know, balancing a check book -- than i am. in a relationship, i'd rather be the weird one, so i suppose i'm attracted to stability. i also enjoy a keen sense of irony, of viewing the world as an observer and being able to understand it from a slightly detached viewpoint -- that makes everything funnier. and laughter is super important.

wow, that pretty much sums up what i've been looking for too. good thing we don't live in the same city--we'd be fighting over the same men. ;) not that there are many out there... :sigh:

irvine, you seem like a wonderful person, and i hope you find what you're looking for.

anderson cooper :drool:

figures.

Irvine is the best :up: that was such a nice answer and just what I expected from "knowing" him here :)

I don't understand why someone as sweet, smart, and friendly as dandy seems to be doesn't have men falling at her feet. I guess they're just intimidated.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Irvine is the best :up: that was such a nice answer and just what I expected from "knowing" him here :)

I don't understand why someone as sweet, smart, and friendly as dandy seems to be doesn't have men falling at her feet. I guess they're just intimidated.

:eek:

thanks, MrsS. you, me and irvine combined!

and yes, i intimidate the heck outta the boys. ah well, i guess i have my own built in screening process. :wink:

Irvine511 said:

i have very mixed feelings.

it's compelling melodrama, and it's also rather dark, there's more than a touch of nihilism in the show. it's really addictive, and there's loads of eye candy, so from that standpoint, great TV.

i also don't like how it recycles and reinforces stereotypes, and it also sets up a kind of expectation for gay men to always be at the bars and clubs and to have the kind of sex life that Brian enjoys. but that's what TV does to all people ... it's about as true to gay life as The Sopranos is to Italian life, which is to say that it offers an amped up drama that is, of course, rooted in reality but is hardly reflective of the diversity of gay life and experience.

i don't think anyone would want to watch a show about the gay university professor in Berkeley or the middle aged couple in Seattle who garden on the weekends.

I understand what you are saying.QAF would give anti-gay peeps alot of ammunation!but then again they dont need much to act like fools.

Your right about stereotypes,and its what tv does to people.Perfect people with perfect lives having perfect sex.:wink:

I have to admit I first starting watching QAF for the very hot sex,but I became a fan because I came to love the characters.Iam not into soaps or shows like Desperate Housewives etc... but love my QAF :)

Well I'd watch a show like you described,but thats me... :)

Besides Brian is a hottie beyond hot :drool: :drool: :drool: LOL

Irvine511 said:

there are people who are "out" but not famously out, and they sometimes surprise me (like the lead singer for Husker Du, for example).

those in the closet? hmmmm ... it's less that these people are exclusively gay but have had semi-famous gay encounters at some point. but then there are some who are totally gay, and just not out.

all these are *rumors* ... i cannot be sued!

Tom Cruise (duh)
Julia Stiles
Anderson Cooper
Kevin Spacey
Scot McClelland
James Dean
Anthony Hopkins
Jennifer Aniston
Sean Hayes (we all know, but he's never admitted it)
Nicole Kidman
Tobey McGuire
Russel Crowe (my ex swears he knew a flight attendent who had sex w/Crowe in the bathroom of a Quantas airplane)

when i think of more, i'll post them

LOL about the sued bit.

Russel Crowe ~~~I know alot of people coudnt or wouldnt see it,but I can see him being gay...just a feeling.

Kevin Spacey~~~Definity.He is one of my fave actors,and I love to hear him sing:)

Tom Cruise~~~I dont like him gay or straight.I think that he did Nicole very wrong :(

Thanks~~~waiting for more then LOL.

LadyRhia said:
Russel Crowe ~~~I know alot of people coudnt or wouldnt see it,but I can see him being gay...just a feeling.

while he's reportedly a contemptible human being, he is so fucking sexy i can hardly stand it.

the combination of eyes, hair, build, and that voice -- it's so riveting, i could listen to him read the phone book.

Irvine511 said:

while he's reportedly a contemptible human being, he is so fucking sexy i can hardly stand it.

the combination of eyes, hair, build, and that voice -- it's so riveting, i could listen to him read the phone book.

Yes I agree with you :drool: but move aside hon,Iam not in the mind to share! hehehehe

JK I have the BMan and Larry to keep me busy :drool: :wink:

martha said:

Which is why I enjoyed Gladiator so very much. :shifty:

movie producers take note: tapping into that crucial gay crossover market often means big box office and academy awards.

i thought the movie was hot.

:combust:

Russell is hot. :yes:

I like him better thinking he might be gay. If he's straight, he's probably a macho jerk. But if he's gay, then maybe the macho jerk thing is just overcompensating for being in the closet.

But but but as for Tom, of course he can't be gay. He just told Oprah he's in love for the very first time and we all know who she is. :giggle:

joyfulgirl said:
But but but as for Tom, of course he can't be gay. He just told Oprah he's in love for the very first time and we all know who she is. :giggle:

biggest, most cynical PR stunt in years.

as Bill Mahr said, "dating a self-proclaimed 26 year old virgin isn't the best way to calm all those gay rumors."

i've also heard that War of the Worlds was shot *very* quickly, and at a near Titanic-sized budget, so it MUST be a hit.

yes, Steven Spielberg, arguably the best living director and easily the most successful director ever, helps, as does the world's biggest movie star, but Minority Report didnt' make all that much cash (though i thought it was great), and this one needs to do big money to even break even.

and Joey Potter has that Batman movie to promote with the equally delicious Christian Bale.

Why doesn't Bruce Springsteen have a bigger gay following? All my gay male friends are unimpressed, even annoyed, by him, and the audience at the show I just saw was so white and straight it was unbelievable. Of course it was also white, straight Denver. I take it back, I have one gay friend who likes Springsteen but he is an anomaly in every way. I guess it's the whole blue collar working man thing but, geez, he's also hot, especially today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom