ask the artist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe she is a painter. :)

How difficult is it to work with oils? I have only tried a couple of times, the class I'm doing this year is strictly acrylics.

AchtungBono said:
What kind of artist are you? A sculptor? Painter? Mime? Visual?

Once I know, then I'll be glad to ask you.

I do some paintings. Right now we're doing Birmingham landmarks at the studio. I've done a little sculpture, too.

The Sad Punk said:
I believe she is a painter. :)

How difficult is it to work with oils? I have only tried a couple of times, the class I'm doing this year is strictly acrylics.

I don't work with oils, I work with acrylics and water colors when I paint. Your right, Sad Punk, I'm mainly a painter, although I have been working with colored pencils alot lately.

Hi Verte76
I am an artist of sorts. I sell the odd piece on ebay. Mostly charcoal, chalks and graphite studies of abstract nudes. I have worked in sculpture, ceramics, textiles etc. I envy you doing something you love for a job. The job I have at the moment sucks the life out of me. I do a lot of good work but I just know It's not me. I would love to be a full time artist. How do you go about selling you art?

verte76 said:

I do some paintings. Right now we're doing Birmingham landmarks at the studio. I've done a little sculpture, too.

What influences your painting style? Can you paint at any time or do you have to be inspired and moved to put a thought and vision onto canvas?

As for sculpture, do you create modern pieces such as abstract shapes or do you sculpt forms that are true to life?

Have you done live subjects as well as still lifes? Do you prefer to work in solitude rather than in a room with someone else?

Sorry for all the questions but I've always admired artists and the way they express themselves via tubes of paint or lumps of clay.

Back
Top Bottom