Ashcroft and Evans resign

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know, I think Ashcroft in particular is probably just tired of his high-stress job. He's had some rather serious health problems lately and probably isn't exactly feeling chipper. I admit that I've never liked the guy, but I do wish him a happy retirement as a person. I think he's a decent guy who wanted to do the right thing, but I don't agree with his political philosophy.

Good. Ashcroft is so right-wing it's ridiculous. Damn near nutjob-status. He's responsible for the stupid patriot act. We're better off not having him in office.

namkcuR said:
Good. Ashcroft is so right-wing it's ridiculous. Damn near nutjob-status. He's responsible for the stupid patriot act. We're better off not having him in office.

Until Bush puts him in the running for the Supreme Court when one of those guys retires/croaks. Please no please no please no.

I support John Ascroft, its a shame he had to go.

capt.ny11711092308.bush_cabinet_ny117.jpg

capt.ny12011092314.bush_cabinet_ny120.jpg

r2478387555.jpg

He served America well...

Last edited:
adam's_mistress said:
Now that Ashcroft has quit his day job, he can commit to his stellar singing career full time!

HE IS SO HORRIBLE! Why did he start singing again?

Let's see if you still support him when you're on an airline watch list and you have no idea why and you have no right to find out why.

Last edited:
Flying FuManchu said:
No terror attacks in the US since 911... many arrests and convictions... Ashcroft did his job...

:lmao: This is hilarious! Good joke!

There haven't been any mongoose attacks in SoCal since I started searching people's shoes and tracking the library books they check out either. I've done my job! :up:

Seriously, who's going to cover up the tits on the statue of Justice now that Ashcroft's going? :scratch:

martha said:

:lmao: This is hilarious! Good joke!

There haven't been any mongoose attacks in SoCal since I started searching people's shoes and tracking the library books they check out either. I've done my job! :up:

Seriously, who's going to cover up the tits on the statue of Justice now that Ashcroft's going? :scratch:

I got a few bras that might come handy. Do you think the statue of Justice would like having her ta tas hoisted in a Victoria Secret Miracle Bra?

sharky said:
Let's see if you still support him when you're on an airline watch list and you have no idea why and you have no right to find out why.

I wouldn't blame Ashcroft, I would blame the terrorists. I also understand shit happens.

:)

However, I haven't been affected by the Patriot Act as far as I can see outside of NOT seeing another 911.

Last edited:
Flying FuManchu said:

However, I haven't been affected by the Patriot Act as far as I can see outside of NOT seeing another 911.

Of course you haven't. If you would have seen people checking your library records, Blockbuster records, emails, etc., then the intelligence community isn't doing their job right.

Back
Top Bottom