Arnold Schwarzenegger, Kiss My Ass.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought his joke about winning an oscar was pretty funny. But if I'd lost my job or was one of the 1.3 million Americans added to the poverty rolls last year I'm not sure if I'd appreciate being called a "girlie man."

Last edited:
stammer476 said:
Dave, I'm offended by the title of your thread. It insinuates that conservatives engage in oral-anal sexual activity.

They do.

Wake up, and smell the world.

While some activists see hypocrisy when closeted gay lawmakers vote against gay and lesbian rights, others defend their right to privacy.

By Richard Simon and Johanna Neuman
Times Staff Writers

September 1, 2004

WASHINGTON ? The allegation appeared on a website last month: A conservative Republican congressman, Edward L. Schrock of Virginia, was secretly gay. It was picked up by other sites ? and on Monday, Schrock withdrew his bid for reelection, saying only that his campaign could no longer focus on his district's issues.

The Web posting was the latest move in an intensified campaign by gay activists to fight what they perceive as antigay legislation by "outing" lawmakers who they believe to be gay and who vote for the measures ? including the Federal Marriage Amendment, which would amend the Constitution to say that only men and women can enter into a legal marriage.

The outing campaign is a new tactic in a battle between some gay activists who decry what they call the hypocrisy of closeted gays who support the amendment or work for lawmakers who back it, and those who assail the tactic as an invasion of privacy. It comes as Republicans have ratified a platform at their party convention in New York supporting President Bush's call for the amendment, which would effectively ban same-sex marriage.

The Gay, Lesbian & Allies Senate Staff Caucus criticized the outing campaign, calling it "counterproductive."

"We are troubled by this idea that staffers must agree with their bosses on every issue or they are somehow 'hypocrites' and should, consequently, be harassed," the group says on its website.

Steven Fisher, a spokesman for the Human Rights Campaign, the nation's largest advocacy group for gay and lesbian issues, said his organization opposed using "sexual orientation as a weapon."

Christopher Barron, political director of the Log Cabin Republicans, a gay group, said: "We disagree strongly with the outing campaign, but we also strongly disagree with President Bush's sponsorship of the antifamily Federal Marriage Amendment. It is all very unfortunate."

The debate over the outing campaign intensified after Schrock, who represents the conservative military cities of Norfolk and Hampton Roads, abruptly announced Monday that he would not seek reelection to a third term.

His announcement came after Michael Rogers, a gay-rights activist in Washington, posted on his website a recording of a phone call that he alleged was placed by Schrock to a gay dating service several years ago.

Schrock, 63, a retired Navy captain who is married, did not comment on Rogers' allegations. His office issued a written statement saying that his decision to withdraw from the race was spurred by unspecified allegations that have "called into question" his ability to serve in Congress. His office did not return a call Tuesday.

A House GOP leadership aide who spoke on condition that he not be identified said Tuesday that Schrock's "initial instinct was to fight this thing tooth and nail, but [he] wound up deciding that he didn't want to drag his family through it."

Rogers defended his actions, saying he was determined to expose officials who vote against gay rights while maintaining a secret gay life and to reveal the sexual orientation of closeted gay staffers who work for lawmakers who support antigay legislation.

"This is about exposing hypocrisy," he said in an interview.

Schrock is among 127 House sponsors of the amendment. The Senate blocked the measure in July; the House is expected to vote on it this fall.

Schrock also voted in July for a House-approved bill designed to let state courts, rather than federal courts, decide whether states should recognize out-of-state marriages between people of the same sex.

Rogers, 40, a fundraising consultant, said he started his website in July after Bush announced his support of the constitutional amendment against same-sex marriage.

Rogers said an anonymous tipster sent him a recording of the call allegedly made by the congressman. Rogers said he called the lawmaker's office several times, but was hung up on.

In one of the postings on Rogers' Web log, a reader wrote: "Certainly I have mixed feelings on outing. But not when it comes to hypocrites who are actively working to perpetuate the hatred and discrimination we face."

Another posting says, "I do not understand a site such as yours that fights hate and bigotry with a very similar type of hate and attacks?. What have you accomplished by outing these men?"

John Aravosis, a Washington political consultant, runs http://www.DearMary.com , a website that encourages supporters to write Vice President Dick Cheney's openly lesbian daughter, Mary, entreating her to lobby her father against Bush administration policies.

Aravosis said the White House all but invited the outing tactic by endorsing the constitutional amendment.

"They declared war," he said. "We're not going to respond with a hug."

He said he had qualms about outing people ? "and I still do, you're talking about someone's personal life, something that can cause them real pain." But he said Bush's endorsement of the Federal Marriage Act in February "changed everything. They dropped the legislative equivalent of a nuclear bomb."

A former staff lawyer to Sen. Ted Stevens (R-Alaska), Aravosis compared the campaign to the superpower nuclear showdown during the Cold War. "Mutual assured destruction worked once," he said. "Maybe it will again."

Saying the White House has used gay issues as a wedge to win support from its conservative base, Aravosis added, "If they want to call a truce, our phone lines are open."

:ohmy:

This is why I hate politics. The dirty tactics on every side are just plain sad.

If only it wasn't so darn interesting. :wink:

ThatGuy said:
But if I'd lost my job or was one of the 1.3 million Americans added to the poverty rolls last year I'm not sure if I'd appreciate being called a "girlie man."

Uhhh, that's exactly what he meant :rolleyes:

Leave it to liberals to be deeply offended by Arnold saying "girlie men" while 1000s of liberal protesters spew a continous stream of Bush hate speech outside the convention.
They dish it out with a bucket but cannot take it from an eye dropper.

nbcrusader said:
Is that really the message it sends? I don't see it (or even remotely believe it).

If so, where was the outrage when Hanz and Franz used the phrase repeatedly?

It was funny on SNL because the Hanz and Franz skits were satirizing macho attitudes. It's not so funny now because the context has changed. He's not satirizing anything, he's using the term as a straight-up insult - not just to Democrats (which doesn't bother me that much because what else would you expect at the RNC?) but to women because it implies all females are wimps. :madspit: And his past record of misogyny doesn't exactly help.

Bono's shades said:

It was funny on SNL because the Hanz and Franz skits were satirizing macho attitudes. It's not so funny now because the context has changed.

That's the whole point!! It IS funny because they were doing a satire of HIM. He's essentially making fun of himself.

From a humor standpoint (and that's the whole point), the context hasn't changed. He's using a phrase that was invented to make fun of him and turning it around. Just a joke, people.

I'm saying this for the third time now. It was NOT a good idea. It was not worth the potential humor for the potential criticism. But the assumption that this is some comment on women is just not there.

Last edited:
It made me laugh when I first saw it too, but now it's just frustrating.

I'll go ahead and say it: I think this has nothing to do with offending women and everything to do with partisan bias. If Ted Kennedy (or another Democratic figure who's just as politically silly as Arnold) had said it, the thread would not have lasted this long. This election has shown me how much it's not about the issues, it's not about what people need, it's not about what is best for this country, it's not about what role the U.S. can play in making the world a better place; it's about whose side your on. Nitpick the other team and ignore the rubbish behind you.

Okay, the meter's up on my soapbox. I've got to get back to work.

The girlie men comment was stupid and clearly meant for for the ADD media's soundbytes, but I was amazed when he said he became a Republican because of Richard Nixon. Is that really the example you want to use?

The real point they are trying to make is the Republican convention shouldn't be taken any more seriously than SNL. Isn't it obvious?

ARNOLD! ARNOLD! ARNOLD! I love this guy! Finally a REAL person in Government. He doesn't give a crap if U don't like what he has 2 say, he's gonna say it anyway. If nothing else, U HAVE 2 respect that. Loving Bono 4 doing the same thing and criticizing "AHNULD" 4 doing it is a bit hypocritical.

Election-Year politics r such B.S. People need 2 lighten up. I wonder, all this anger....how r U'all gonna handle 4 more years? Because it's gonna happen. Watch. Lighten up...doesn't matter THAT much who's in office....same song w/a different name. Both of them belong 2 Skull & Bones anyways....it's all probably rigged! :drool:

Jingle All The Way To The Bank Baby.- Phil Hartman

I miss Phil.

Last edited:
The Disciple said:
Loving Bono 4 doing the same thing and criticizing "AHNULD" 4 doing it is a bit hypocritical.

You may be of the opinion that Arnold says whatever he wants, but that's very far from the truth. He's a politician now, and a very popular one at that, and if you think that his speeches aren't extremely crafted and calculated, then you're kidding yourself.

And lately Bono has had to keep a lid on a lot of his own personal feelings, too, since he has to garner support from both sides of the political aisle.

BUT come one now people!! Arnies flippant 'girlie men' comment can't be taken literally. The man is anything but conservative when it comes to social issues; in fact, he's quite the liberal! He's pro abortion and a supporter of gay rights--he even endorses gay marriage. His history shows him to be compassionate to women and gay issues. So, I don't think there was any sinister hidden meaning behind his play on the 'girlie men' skit. He was most likely showing his williningness to be a good sport.

DaveC said:

That's one of the most ignorant things I've heard anybody say in an extremely long time.

Look at America's policies over the last 3 Presidents, and you will see that apart from the flux that happens in the economy, which can NEVER be avoided, it's like the stock market, the President has the final say in little when he is in office. Sure, Clinton had the gays in the military thing, Bush has pushed for other "conservative" issues, few of which have gotten Congressional approval. The main difference between Clinton and Bush II's terms is that we here in America were attacked, and Bush has decided he's not gonna let evil dictators thrive. Clinton deferred too much to the UN in my opinion.

I may have overstated when I meant that it didn't matter THAT much, because I'll be frank with you, I don't want Kerry in office. I think the America that my children will grow up in will be SOMEWHAT influenced by this election. But as a believer that until Christ Himself returns to set all things right TRUE peace will NEVER b found, I'm at peace. I know bad times are gonna get worse, but those of us that know the truth and our future is written in the Scriptures, have nothing to worry about.

If you don't like my opinion, tough. Call it dumb if you like, it's nice to see that we're still in Kindergarten, and we can't let people voice their opinions without agreeing to disagree respectfully.

The illusion that "the people" are in control is what keeps our current government and its processes "working" to a certain extent. However, and I mean no disrespect, you are fooling yourself if you think Presidents are in "charge." Study the roots of The Federal Reserve and who owns it, and the scary power they yield. Study the illuminati, and their history. Then get back with me. At least check it out....it will change your view on so much.

DaveC said:

That's one of the most ignorant things I've heard anybody say in an extremely long time.

With a little history under your belt, you might realize that there is some truth to The Disciple's statement. The US has not gone through significant internal change for decades. There are forces that affect our daily life that are far greater than the office of the President.

Diemen said:
The girlie men comment was stupid and clearly meant for for the ADD media's soundbytes, but I was amazed when he said he became a Republican because of Richard Nixon. Is that really the example you want to use?

Is your knowledge of Nixon limited to something like Watergate? Nixon did make a positive impact on this world as well.

The Disciple said:
Election-Year politics r such B.S. People need 2 lighten up. I wonder, all this anger....how r U'all gonna handle 4 more years? Because it's gonna happen. Watch. Lighten up...doesn't matter THAT much who's in office....same song w/a different name. Both of them belong 2 Skull & Bones anyways....it's all probably rigged! :drool:

DaveC....don't be so quick to insult this person's intelligence. This person is obviously a George W. Bush success story.

"Why" you ask?

Bush wanted to be an "education" president...and it seems as if his policies are working! :up: Bush's desire to "corporatize" schools HAS worked...look here, we have a graduate of the AOL Academy of Grammar posting here at Interference.com!

:D

Good4U, The Disciple!

Back
Top Bottom