Armed police swoop on house in Leeds, possible link to terror attacks last week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're getting the most ridiculously inconsistent news reports over this. We heard that 5 people were arrested, not sure where exactly, that there was an undetonated bomb (or 2) in Birmingham (?) then the bomb squad detonated it but it wasn't a bomb...:rolleyes: I'm glad there's been no more dramas, but the eratic news is getting annoying.
Do you guys have a brief rundown of what the real latest is?

Angela, i've seen conflicting reports over here too.
I'm completely unsure about the Birmingham situation. News channels were reporting this evening that three of the bombers died in the blasts, but on the internet it's being reported that it's suspected that one of the bombers may have died in the blasts.

Alot of channels are throwing around the word 'confirmed' too easily at the moment.
I'd rather not hear news on it at all than hear all these different versions of events, but that's just me :shrug:

Maybe it wasn't Birmingham then. It starts with a B and is one of the biggest, or second biggest town or county or something? I could easily be wrong here. We heard about the arrests a few days ago, but there has been nothing since which makes me wonder if the media ran with it too early and it was later found these people weren't connected. We also get fluctuating death tolls. It's anything between 32 and 52. Then we hear Kings Cross is back up and running, then the next report says they are still retrieving the bodies, no idea how long it will take, etc.
I agree with you about rather not hearing anything until the truth can be told.

It was Birmingham - sorry, what I meant was that i'm still completely unclear about whether there was a bomb or not or whether it was just a precaution.

lol, sorry. I also ramble and mutter in real life, so I have no chance of making sense on a message board.
Seems like you guys aren't getting any different news even over there. London seems to have dealt with it so well. Well, as well as anyone can. And when it happened, now people have admiration in how your services got order in quickly.

On the contrary, you don't ramble at all - I often enjoy reading your posts in here.
London has picked itself back up very quickly - there does seem to be a very strong feeling that this isn't going to stop people living their normal lives. As someone who is probably a little too fearful of terrorism, I have really admired that spirit :up:

Aww, thank you! I do need to learn the gentle art of shutting up once in a while though. :wink: I like reading almost everyone's in here. It's probably my begrudged favourite forum.
I wouldn't worry too much about being too fearful of terrorism either. Everyone should be feaful of it. We dont know when it will attack and do not know how it will harm. It's these attacks which slip through the cracks that surprise everyone. It's only natural to fear it. I think people need to be more mindful of it in some ways. I know I'm complacent, but I dont honestly believe I definitely have much to worry about. It doesn't mean that it isn't there and it is still a silent risk to many places generally, because it is.
I share your admiration for the spirit of the Londoners and the UK in general. You guys do kick arse :)

Back
Top Bottom