Are your animals acting werid today? 1/6/6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YellowKite

War Child
So my two cats were overly affectionate this morning. Licking on my legs and jumping up on the counter while I was getting ready. And they kept meowing at me - plainly trying to get some type of attention.

Then I got to work and my coworker told me that her dog tried to get out of the house - which she never does - and her boyfriend called and told her that three of his coworkers dogs all tried to run away this morning too.

So what's up? I checked the weather and the earthquake websites and nothing looks like it could be the cause. They are talking snow - but in East Tennessee that could mean a heavy frost. [They tend to over react to snow forecasts around here]

Any input? Anyone else have animals acting weird today?

YellowKite said:
So my two cats were overly affectionate this morning. Licking on my legs and jumping up on the counter while I was getting ready. And they kept meowing at me - plainly trying to get some type of attention.

Then I got to work and my coworker told me that her dog tried to get out of the house - which she never does - and her boyfriend called and told her that three of his coworkers dogs all tried to run away this morning too.

So what's up? I checked the weather and the earthquake websites and nothing looks like it could be the cause. They are talking snow - but in East Tennessee that could mean a heavy frost. [They tend to over react to snow forecasts around here]

Any input? Anyone else have animals acting weird today?

Kind of strange. Where are you?

Eliv8 said:

Yea we would. Aside from that - No idea.
But to be safe you should spend the day under a table/desk.

Roger that!

the rockin edge said:

isn't there a rather large fault around this area (TN) that hasn't been active for a long time? :shifty:

I checked the earthquake website first. There is a local fault line. And there was an earthquake in Northeast Ohio last night.
So if the animals are reacting to that - then they were a little late! And do I give them credit for earthquakes too far away to matter here?:confused:

Okay, I'm freaked out now. My dog escaped out of the backyard last night - not unusual in and of itself, she usually does it about once a year - but coupled with all this other animal weirdness?

And normally when she does it, she hangs around outside the fence till we come and get her. Last night, she seemed disoriented, and wandered off in the opposite direction.

:yikes:

I'm in sw Ontario.

Last edited:
YellowKite said:

I checked the earthquake website first. There is a local fault line. And there was an earthquake in Northeast Ohio last night.
So if the animals are reacting to that - then they were a little late! And do I give them credit for earthquakes too far away to matter here?:confused:

well maybe there's another one coming closer to your area :shrug: i really don't know anything about this stuff:wink:

YellowKite said:

I will translate felinese to written english for you.

On 1/6/06

your kitties were telling you
that you forgot to feed them on 1/5/06

it is that simple.:wink:

Funnily enough, when I was driving home today I noticed a giant flock of birds flying through the sky at a rather brisk pace. I'm talking a few hundred birds here. So that kind of freaked me out a little bit.

Weird.:eyebrow:

:eek: This morning while getting the kids out to school, our dog jumped off our newly built porch...about 4ft. high. He then proceeded to run directly across to the neighbors house where they have a dog and stood on his hind legs at her door. Luckily, the door wasn't open, she would have died!!!!. I called him and then he came back!!!!:ohmy:

I've been home all day today and the only thing I have noticed is that she is driving me nuts scratchign at the door or pacing by the doors to go out. I open the doors to let her out and she just stands there sniffing. She doesn't normally do that as frequently. Otherwise she has been rather quiet.

Wow! BAW and I talked about this last night and this morning but our neighbor's pets are going nuts but its because there are two coyotes loose in the neighborhood and they smell them...

the local foothills are getting graded for new homes; last week one of the coyote ran by the house and was chased by a neighbor...the coyote got a cat before my neighbor could do anything...three nights ago, 2 coyotes jumped a fence one street over and attacked two dogs...the cops won't do anything and Animal Control is on a call out...you'd think that they'd be patrolling during the evening "but that costs money!"

So yeah, the pets are acting weird but for good reason...

my dogs were acting weird yesterday too

that is so odd
myolder dog was pacing and my younger one just watched me as i folded laundry
it looked like he was panting he had hs tounge out so i carried him downstairs..( hes afraid to go down out staiercase-scottish terrier) hes top heavy? i durno

and he would come back up
he can climb the stairs he just refuses to go down.

but that is crazy that so many peoples animals were acting weird

Last edited:
Oh well... my Quebecker cats are acting normal today. The youngest scratches the door for waking me up like every morning, she tries to play with everything she finds on the floor, or if it's not, gets them lol

But yeah... I've got a mouse that runs in her cage since yesterday evening. She runs and make loops without any reason eheh. I thought it was because of a new toy we've put into her cage but I think she's just crazy...

Back
Top Bottom