Are you worthy of the gifts bestoewd upon you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm, interesting thoughts, Dread.

On the one hand, I was one of those people who were not blessed to be born in the 1st world, nor in a peaceful world really, so in that sense, I guess I started out in the hole and had to work my way up. Then again, I made it out, while most people did not, and this is where it gets fuzzy. Do you give thanks entirely to a higher power or is it reasonable to state that some people simply may be more determined and better at survival and self-sufficiency than others. However, why is that so? Have I been blessed with determination and some above average abilities? Yes, I would say so. Am I worthy of it? I don't believe I've squandered any of my blessings, so I would say yes.

Nice thread. :)

So I've thought about this thread and I'm coming back in some more. If you are not worthy of the gifts that have been given to you, why were you given those gifts? Try to wrap your head around that one.

That being said, to kind of go back to anitram, if you get a crap hand in life, I think you deserve to have some kind of gift later on. Something has to be given to you, something has to go right for you. The interesting thing is that when I look back at the bad things that have happened to me, I realize that as I distanced myself from those things, I was able to get something good out of it.

Dread, if you're going for a ministry angle, I remember a neighbor coming over to our house. We had a monsignor [big Catholic priest guy] over and we're talking with him. She asked this monsignor why bad things happen to good people. He said it was because God loves us. Because you never know how important love is until you don't have it or how important happiness is until you are sad. I remember a friend bringing me soup and a card when I had bronchitis in college. The card read "You never realize how blessed you are to be healthy until you are sick." Indeed.

Last edited:
deep said:
Everybody can give something back.

It is endless when you start to think about it.

The danger is inaction.

I believe personal giving of one's time is the most honorable.

I believe the biggest problem in the world is intolerance.

Brilliant post, thanks. I was just feeling a little weak because of those damn attacks in Egypt, but at the moment I have to be powerful because I am starting a, what we call it, "charity" project tomorrow and just preparing some stuff. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom