Are there any Bush supporters out here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Question is: How does all of this make the United States of America more "secure"?

We know that Saddam had no ties to al-qaida, so it was unlikely that he would have sold his "so called" WMD's to Terrorists, but whose to say that the new leaders of Iraq won't sell them to "thugs"?? These new guys hate America just as much as Saddam does. And they have more incentive to inflict terror on us.

Isn't that the reason we went to war? For our national Security? How is that gonna change, when we might have created a civil war in Iraq, and bred more individuals who hate the US?

Oh and I will definitely not be voting for Bush. Bush had a chance to do something really important, and bold after 9/11, instead he took the wrong course and destroyed the World's view of America. I just cannot understand his motivations. I cannot fathom them.

Zoocoustic said:
Huge Bush supporter here.

Why? I genuinely want to know. Lately I have been putting together people's reasons for supporting Bush, or Kerry or Clinton for that matter. And I am curious as to why you feel strongly for Bush. I'm not trying to be a pest. I don't mean to bug ya. I am just very curious... Thanks.

tackleberry said:
My Question is: How does all of this make the United States of America more "secure"?

We know that Saddam had no ties to al-qaida, so it was unlikely that he would have sold his "so called" WMD's to Terrorists, but whose to say that the new leaders of Iraq won't sell them to "thugs"?? These new guys hate America just as much as Saddam does. And they have more incentive to inflict terror on us.

Isn't that the reason we went to war? For our national Security? How is that gonna change, when we might have created a civil war in Iraq, and bred more individuals who hate the US?

Oh and I will definitely not be voting for Bush. Bush had a chance to do something really important, and bold after 9/11, instead he took the wrong course and destroyed the World's view of America. I just cannot understand his motivations. I cannot fathom them.

:up:. Another thing to add to the potential threats in the future-we also claimed we went to war to liberate those people...well, if we're getting involved in the formation of their government, to them, that makes it look as though we've lied, and that won't make them too happy with us, either.

We really did go about this the wrong way, I definitely agree with you there.

Angela

I just hope they don't stall on elections, because that could really piss off Sistani, who's quite possibly the most powerful cleric in Iraq. Clerics could become very powerful in post-Saddam Iraq.

tackleberry said:

We know that Saddam had no ties to al-qaida

Incorrect.

The 9/11 commission said there was no ties found between Saddam and the Sept. 11 attacks carried out by AQ. The media took that to mean no ties at all (serprise, serprise!). An "error" the commission was quick to point out.

Back to the original topic, I'm a supporter of Bush on most issues. I feel his greatest short coming in the whole Iraq situation is lack of communication w/ the American public. Reagan, Bush 1, or Clinton would be in front of a camera speaking to the nation a lot more about goals, timelines, etc. The country is tired of Rumsfield and Co.

Clark W. Griswold said:

I feel his greatest short coming in the whole Iraq situation is lack of communication w/ the American public. Reagan, Bush 1, or Clinton would be in front of a camera speaking to the nation a lot more about goals, timelines, etc. The country is tired of Rumsfield and Co.

This is so true. I don't think he's a communicator and that's one of his biggest draw backs.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

This is so true. I don't think he's a communicator and that's one of his biggest draw backs.

Yeah, you could tell from day one that public speaking is not a skill that he has mastered. At least not like Clinton or Reagan had.Therefore, he seems to pawn the job off... to Rummy all to often. That guy's an embarrasment and W is unwilling to do the right thing and sh!t-can one of his dad's old buddies.

There are multiple reasons for the Iraq war. Many are not talked about. I think the main strategy was to draw terrorists out into a battlefield far from the U.S.. Iraq is the geographic center of the Middle East. It is much more convenient for terrorists to attack our targets in Iraq, thusly diverting them from airliners and buses in Boston and Los Angeles.

Bush believes we are at war and Iraq is part of a broad military strategy. If I were one his main military advisors after 9/11, I would have already been talking about Iraq. It had been on the back burner for quite awhile and the invasion served 2 broad goals. Finish the 1st Gulf War and to draw terrorists out of the woodwork.

This was the theory. Whether or not it enrages and encourages more terrorism or suppresses it, is debatable. Bear in mind that Bin Laden was enraged by the fact that U.S troops were based on the Arabian peninsula. They were there to contain Saddam. A bit of a Catch 22.

Bush does not publicly defend this position enough. I support the underlying strategy of his administration.

I am definately a supporter for Bush. I am in the US Army. There are a lot of reasons he does what he does that people don't know about. There is so much in this war going on that people don't know about. Most things people know about are what the media exploits.

Back
Top Bottom