Are there any absolutes that we can agree upon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
And not the mathmatical physics kind....

Is there anything we can agree on?

Re: Re: Are there any absolutes that we can agree upon?

melon said:

No.

Melon

So can everyone agree on the fact there is no topic on which everyone can agree on ?

Re: Re: Re: Are there any absolutes that we can agree upon?

cardosino said:
So can everyone agree on the fact there is no topic on which everyone can agree on ?

No. Read the thread replies prior to my post.

Melon

A really good roll in the sheets is the best thing life has to offer.

I could also say, sex is the great equalizer, of rich and poor.

i think there are no absolutes. none.

however, there are some guidelines (as opposed to rules ... i know people like rules, but we're all just making them up as we go) but a guideline, by definition, is not an absolute.

Absolutes are hard. We all come from different perspectives, we all have been burned by different things. Compromise on some things are healthy. I believe in negotiation in life. Not that everyone will agree on what to compromise on or whether there should ever be compromise.:wink: Absolutes no. I guess the best we can hope for is an uneasy peace and I'm not even sure we can reach that for any length of time.

Maybe you're setting your standards too high, Dread. We probably hold a lot of things in common. Just not as absolutes. But I still wouldn't hold your breath here. Giving in an inch on FYM is pretty rare and usually only happens when one party is completely worn out and then the discussion ends.

Well, seeing this is a U2 forum: that U2 are, or were at some point in time, good.

May not be quite FYM-y, but we can agree on it as an absolute, can't we?

:wink:

Well, we all keep coming here...

I guess that shows we agree on something, but I have no idea what that is.

There may be things everyone at FYM can agree on, no doubt there are a few. I guess we can all agree it's nice to be nice to other people, in theory at least.

But if you extend the sample to every person earth, some people clearly rather like fascism, racism and genocide. Love it, in fact.

Back
Top Bottom