apology

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I'm sorry I was such a :censored: about the museum looting in Baghdad. I'm sorry, I'm in such a blue funk over the looting it's driving me nuts. It really hurts me. But that's no excuse for acting like a jerk. I'm sorry, I didn't have to do that. C'est la vie.
Damn.

Ummm......I for one do not think you acted like a jerk. Not once did I think you were. I think you did an excellent job presenting your opnions and feelings on the topic. YOU are an excellent poster in this forum.

Peace

As Dreadsox said, you dont have anything to be be apologising for Verte. Its a loss that is close to your heart. Dont let anyone make you feel your views or passion for those views are a bad thing. Its passion like yours that keeps us in touch with the past.

verte, you didn't do anything wrong. Some of those debating the museum looting issue simply can't bear the idea or admit that, with respect to this issue, the U.S. blew it. meh.

pub, I don't think the US blew it. If you're interested, read my opinion at the end of the "What did they expect..." thread.

I think I really flipped out over the whole affair. I just wish to hell it hadn't happened. I'm just afraid this is going to make life harder for Americans working in Iraq. I didn't want anything like this to happen. We've won the war only in the military sense. We haven't won the political war and stuff like this only makes it harder. I was worried about something like this. Political wars are really hard to win, much harder than military wars. Political wars are crazy, capricious affairs that don't always make sense. They just happen with no reason or logic in them. They're emotional, not intellectual. Unfortunately, it happened. I just completely, totally lost it. I'm just glad we have the :censored: smilie. It's very useful around here. :laugh: :laugh: Thanks, everyone! I was feeling like a real dork.

:hug: You've definitely nothing to apologise for, you didn't say anything wrong! And I'm sure most people in FYM have said things considerably more angry than anything you've posted recently!

And the :censored: smiley is quickly becoming my favourite of them all. :wink:

pub crawler said:
verte, you didn't do anything wrong. Some of those debating the museum looting issue simply can't bear the idea or admit that, with respect to this issue, the U.S. blew it. meh.

Thus ends a thread that was not intended to debate an obvious hot issue.

It was nice of verte to post the apology. Even though there was really nothing to apologize for, it shows sensitivity and consideration. However, if anyone else has anything to say about this issue, please discuss it via PM/IM/e-mail.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom