Anyone know any hasidic jews?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
I just started my teaching job in a neighborhood that is about 50% hasidic jew, and it has really got me interested in them. Does anyone know any hasidic jews? They seem to walk by me like I am invisible, and they are always walking places at such a rapid pace. And I can't imagine it is comfortable wearing a long black suit and a big hat when it is 100 degrees and humid.

Anyway, I don't have anything against them, rather I am slightly fascinated by thier way of life...kind of like the amish. Anyone know anything about the hasids?

Hitman said:
I just started my teaching job in a neighborhood that is about 50% hasidic jew, and it has really got me interested in them. Does anyone know any hasidic jews? They seem to walk by me like I am invisible, and they are always walking places at such a rapid pace. And I can't imagine it is comfortable wearing a long black suit and a big hat when it is 100 degrees and humid.

Anyway, I don't have anything against them, rather I am slightly fascinated by thier way of life...kind of like the amish. Anyone know anything about the hasids?

My former housemate was one. They don't use electricity at all on the Sabbath; apparently it's a corollary of "do not labor on the Sabbath." Seems kind of strange to me, given that he had to walk up 20 flights of stairs just to get home every Sabbath instead of using the elevator, but whatever.

Back
Top Bottom