anybody else find Tucker Carlson annoying?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShellBeThere

War Child
I just tuned in to MSNBC to rewind my tape of brian williams getting actual interview with dubya and saw tucker carlson on for a little bit to discuss with one of his regular pundits the tookie williams issue....

I feel bad to bring up a negative vibe, but had to spill somewhere--his show SUCKS, no?!
I never cared much for him before, what with the pretentious fop bit, but now he's downright intolerable. Lording it over a forum looks bad on him. He makes very little in the way of interesting points and says things like "oh, I'm drowning in the tsunami of your verbiage" as his conservative but sexy (how many ann coulter wannabes...now that's really scary..will we be treated to in the years to come?!) consultant talks about the idea of mercy and redemption, admittedly while saying to hell with whole countries full of people (in this case, western europe...who cares wtf they think of us, she ponders).
His insensitive wordplay schtick really isn't very funny, original, or useful. It's very junior high school and makes Bill O'Reilly look like a serious thinker, which is not something I needed MSNBC to add to their lineup.
blech.
when i searched this forum on his name I saw that some bemoaned his leaving crossfire (couldn't tell if it was tongue in cheek or not), so I wonder how folks are feeling about his new gig. I can't watch long enough to properly evaluate perhaps!

cheers!

i think anyone associated with Crossfire should be banned from the airwaves permanently.
:wink: Really though, I hated that show with a passion.

I agree with him on a few issues, he's sort of a libertarian with a more conservative social stance and I am sort of a libertarian with more of a liberal social stance. I say 'sort of' because I am not a libertarian in the strict sense and I don't think he is either.

That said, he has moments where he sounds just as ridiculous as any other pundit who likes to legislate morality. And I defintely agree about his schtick, which is unfunny, unclever and tired.

Yes he is, oops I hope U2democrat doesn't see this :wink: she has met him and says he's nice. I'm sure he is but on TV he comes across as an arrogant jerk. The best was when Jon Stewart told him off.

What is the format of the new MSNBC show - more of the same old Crossfire crap?

As much as I disagree with Carlson's politics, every once in a while he'd display a shred of reasonableness, which enabled me to tolerate him. I have the feeling that outside of his television persona where he's paid to be confrontational, and speak in sound bytes, he might be someone who is interesting to discuss/debate with.

Bob Novack on the other hand? :mad:

I actually saw the Jon Stewart thing on the air, as it was happening. Classic television. :wink:

U2DMfan said:
i think anyone associated with Crossfire should be banned from the airwaves permanently.
:wink: Really though, I hated that show with a passion.

Horrible show, embarrassing, classless, and every other negative adjective in the book. I can't believe adults would act like a rabid pack of wolves like that, and even worse that people found this engaging. Thank goodness it got the boot.

Well regardless if he's a nice person in real life, I find him to be a prick on the air.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Yes he is, oops I hope U2democrat doesn't see this :wink: she has met him and says he's nice. I'm sure he is but on TV he comes across as an arrogant jerk. The best was when Jon Stewart told him off.

:lol:

Yes he is a really nice guy. He took me backstage for my 17th birthday, helped me with a couple of school projects, etc.

I can understand why people wouldn't like him but a lot of what he does and says is satire/tongue in cheek which many take the wrong way. :shrug:

Each is entitled to their own opinion though.

U2democrat said:

I can understand why people wouldn't like him but a lot of what he does and says is satire/tongue in cheek which many take the wrong way. :shrug:

It's not really what he says, it's how he says it. Obnoxiously.

I'm sure you put him in his place. :wink:

I've never seen Tucker Carlson, but based on the description herein, he just seems to be a product of successful media today - its not what you say, it is how you say it. Shock is valued higher than reason today.

Tucker is the prototype for the privileged white prep school kid from Connecticut who went to a small new england liberal arts college and can't fathom how people can see the world differently than he does.

i grew up with lots and lots of Tucker Carlsons. so i'm used to him. i'm also incredibly saddened how people who have been born to so much spend their lives defending their right to enjoy what they've been given and to ensure that society remains structured for their maximum benefit.

VintagePunk said:
What is the format of the new MSNBC show - more of the same old Crossfire crap?

I actually saw the Jon Stewart thing on the air, as it was happening. Classic television. :wink:

the show is called "the situation", i don't get why exactly, probably a focusgroup call, and he has a little chart on the side where he tells us what topics he will cover and goes through them. At least for some of the show he had/has a sidekick to banter with, but they don't debate or anything. Then he has various pundits on as he mostly dismisses what they have to say. It's all about him, it seems to me, with others as accessories for the sake of giving him something to rail against smartly.
I just don't get the appeal.

He might be a nice enough, or very nice, guy in real life but his stage presence is nasty and snide I think.

What's this about Jon Stewart?! I missed this!
I love Jon Stewart goodness me. Now *he's* funny and perceptive! I just borrowed some discs of the daily show covering the republican national convention that were highly entertaining..
cheers all!

ShellBeThere said:

What's this about Jon Stewart?! I missed this!
I love Jon Stewart goodness me. Now *he's* funny and perceptive! I just borrowed some discs of the daily show covering the republican national convention that were highly entertaining..
cheers all!

Thanks for the info about the show. I think I'll pass. :wink:

You've never seen Jon Stewart's appearance on Crossfire?? :ohmy: You MUST go and watch it right now!

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2652831

Tucker Carlson! He's an annoying little pinhead that I would like to strangle with a bowtie:mad:

Back
Top Bottom