Any DC Talk fans around here???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A|catura

Acrobat
I just can't seem to get enough of them. I've seen them in concert several times. The more I listen to them, the more I love them.

I don't think they're capable of writing a bad song. It's all so unbelievably awesome...

Have you heard their cover of "40"?

I'd have to say that my favorite songs are "Mind's Eye", "Say The Words" and "Dive"

Unfortunately, they just don't get the recognition that they deserve...

---------------------------------------------

"I have a brother
When I'm a brother in need
I spend my whole time running
He spends His running after me"

I've heard at least three songs by DC Talk. They're okay, but not my kinda music. I also saw their book 'Jesus Freaks' in the store. They were big in my part of Asia when their first album was released. A friend of mine loved their later song 'My Friend' but decided not to buy the album cos they are Christian.

foray

*raises hand*

Originally posted by S|aney:
Have you heard their cover of "40"?

yeah, i heard it when they came here for the supernatural tour. mind's eye is my favourite too.
smile.gif

------------------
while shadows and loneliness linger, i'm dreaming with tears in my eyes...
ME!

Absolutely! I love DCT. It is sad that they have been labelled "Christian" and so some will stay away from their music, because they are an incredible group. They are the ones who got me onto U2...I didn't care for them before 98 (U2, that is)

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

This would be the same DC Talk that appeared on Salt'n'Pepa's Lets Talk About Sex all those years ago? I thought they were also involved in some education program in schools at the time, which is making me wonder how old they are?

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
This would be the same DC Talk that appeared on Salt'n'Pepa's Lets Talk About Sex all those years ago? I thought they were also involved in some education program in schools at the time, which is making me wonder how old they are?

it could be. their first album came out in 1989. i own all their albums, except for their greatest hits and the solo cd (which has their live version of 40 on it, btw) and their first album...only cuz i don't wanna own an album with this
B000005KV1.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

as the cover.
biggrin.gif

------------------
another lonely night ahead for me now buried in the darkening day, that lingers on and drags me down...
ME!

[This message has been edited by KhanadaRhodes (edited 02-06-2002).]

I love DC Talk, they do some of their recording here. They've been around a long time, are probably late 30s or early 40s.

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

I've never listened to them, but I have known people who have listened to them through the years. Forgive me if I'm mistaken (and this is NOT a criticism), buthaven't they gone through different genres of music to fit the times? examples: didn't they do some rap stuff when rap was big, and some grunge stuff when grunge was big? If so, it appears that the album below was to meet the New Kids On The Block appeal of 1989:

Originally posted by Khanada_Rhodes:
B000005KV1.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

~U2Alabama

[This message has been edited by U2Bama (edited 02-07-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom