Anti-missile defense system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Holy John

Acrobat
We've had the debate on this stuff. Well, all I can say is that I'm tired of all the anti- missle project for defense. Yes, it's good.

I hear you, I do. "Oh no, it's not good. There's no such mad country against the US and it will create another cold war and China will gain more and more weapon".

I like Bush, he found the solution.

Everyone is not happy with his project. Finally, a President is not afraid to do his work and finally, he shut up all those little prick countries, all those Banana Republic. Well, all of you anti-Bish, I tell you, when Bush will not be happy, he'll send you a little missile. Protest now, because you will miss all the tear gas when Papa Bush will send you his missiles, got it ?

"Oh no, the United Nations' countries will don't like this". Hey, shut up. No one can speak of war, except Mr. Bush. And if you want to talk about war, just go in your little Banana Republic Army. When it's not globalisation, dirty water and polution, it's the Anti-Missile Defense Project. I tell you, there will always be little countries that will dislike military. After this missle-project will be finally put in action, they will shut up. Who cares about the United Nations ? Mr. Bush don't pay his duty to the United Nations, so why would he care ? He found the good solution... by building this project, the earth will be a safer location for peace and prosperity.

And if the world needs to blow up, it will be for a good cause. We won't be part of North Korea's World-wide empire, or Irak's Empire.. no. And all of those who say that the US build themselves their own enemies, shut up. Find a proper job, get a life. We don't want to be a part of North Korea...

When the earth will be threaded, Mr. Bush will press a button and all those little fucking countries will finally shut up, for the good of the world. Why would the rest of the world have a word on it ? The United Nations don't deserve such a bad word against liberty..

<http://radio-canada.ca/refuge/img_contenu/19990809/amedee/>[img]

------------------
" I still believe all you need is love, y'know. But I don't think that by just saying it that things will change..."
- John Lennon

> [img]

Holy John is being sarcastic. I think he's also quoting--directly or indirectly--Am?d?e Brisebois, apparently a Radio Canada humorist. It is through a rabidly pro-American diatribe that his audience is to laugh. Remember, this is intended for a French-Canadian audience, not for Americans.

This is my guess. I'm sure Holy John could explain it better. I really doubt that he would suddenly become a fan of U.S. globalism. Very few people will do such an about-face.

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

Melon, how come you know her ? It was what I could remember of her speech..

cheers

------------------
" I still believe all you need is love, y'know. But I don't think that by just saying it that things will change..."
- John Lennon

Originally posted by Holy John:
Melon, how come you know her ? It was what I could remember of her speech...

I'm not your average ethnocentric American.
tongue.gif

But seriously, you gave the URL and I just investigated from there. Sorry if I took the wind out of your sail, though. I just realized that that is what I might have done, and I apologize.

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

Back
Top Bottom