Anti-gay boy scout leader arrested for molesting boys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhotswami

Blue Crack Addict
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 6 — A scout leader who once sued the City of Berkeley for challenging a national Boy Scout ban on members who are gay or atheist has been arrested on felony charges that for at least five years he sexually abused young males in the troops he led.

Sgt. Mary Kusmiss of the Berkeley police said the scout leader, Eugene A. Evans, 64, a retired high school teacher and for 35 years leader of the Berkeley Sea Scouts, was arrested at his home in nearby Kensington on Tuesday after investigators identified four youths, ages 13 to 17, who said they had been sexually abused by him.

Sergeant Kusmiss said the police began an investigation after a boy and his mother came to them with accusations on Nov. 14.

Mr. Evans is scheduled to appear in Alameda County Superior Court on Friday to enter a plea on 19 felony counts of sexual assault.

Mr. Evans’s lawyer, Philip Schnayerson, said Thursday that “hundreds” of former scouts and friends had called to voice support.

“There have been no complaints of improper or criminal behavior in any of the communities he has lived in,” Mr. Schnayerson said of his client.

Mr. Evans sued the city in his role as a leader of the Sea Scouts, an affiliate program of the Boy Scouts. The city, after providing free berthing for a Sea Scouts boat for 60 years, said in 1998 that a Boy Scout policy barring gay scouts and atheists violated Berkeley’s rules against discrimination. The city said the Scouts would have to leave the berth or pay $500 a month rent.

Mr. Evans sued for discrimination and for violating the Scouts’ First Amendment rights. The California Supreme Court ruled in favor of Berkeley.

Source: NYT

:hmm:

Schadenfreude only happens when there's no victim involved other than the self-hating homo and it involves a bathroom at the airport.

this is sick and tragic. and unsurprising.

He should have been in a segregated tent, right?

The fact that he was sexually abusing them doesn't mean he's gay. I'm sure that will be the "accusation" and will be twisted for that purpose.

I think when you have somebody who is virulently anti-gay, we should perhaps consider investigating you as it certainly seems like it's a good predictor of some kind of perversion in you.

anitram said:
I think when you have somebody who is virulently anti-gay, we should perhaps consider investigating you as it certainly seems like it's a good predictor of some kind of perversion in you.

:yes:

It always makes me wonder about them.

sounds like the guy made his own case

gays should not be allowed around children

homos = perverts / molesters - ITS IN THE BIBLE!!!

Back
Top Bottom