Ann Coulter calls John Edwards a "faggot"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AchtungBono said:

1. Bill O'Reilly should be cloned and sent to all the corrupt and bias news stations in order to straighten them out.

No true conservative with your views would ever joke about human cloning.:wink:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

No true conservative with your views would ever joke about human cloning.:wink:

Actually, I'm an independent.....I subscribe both to liberal and conservative schools of thought.

As for cloning.....I'd clone Britney Spears first - one clone could go clubbing, one could go to rehab, one could sing, one could take care of the kids......

Gee, I hope no scientists are on this forum.....lol.

martha said:

Like what, for instance?

Just a few examples:

Liberal views:

1. I am pro-choice.

2. I'm for granting the same spousal benefits to gay partners as to hetro couples, including adoption.

3. I support gun control.

Conservative views:
1. I support civil unions for gay couples but I'm against the attempts to classify them as "marriage". To me, marriage is only between a man and a woman.

2. I believe in G-d and creation. I also believe there were dinosaurs however I dispute the timeline. According to the Jewish religion, the world was created less than 6,000 years ago and not billions of years as stated by scientists.

I also don't believe in the theory of evolution - I believe that man was created by G-d and evolved thoughout the years. I don't believe that man descended from apes (these are my beliefs, please don't attack me for them...).

3. I support the death penalty TOTALLY when there is no question of guilt - such as the case of John Couey.

4. I'm against euthanesia(sp?) which is a fancy word for "murder" (as I explained in a previous thread).

5. I believe in truth and justice and fighting for what is right - even when the struggle is bitter and hard, justice will prevail and good will win over evil.

I guess that's it in a nutshell.........hope that answered your question.

Irvine511 said:
^ that's a bit much, isn't it?

Well considering she said that she hopes John Edwards gets killed in a terrorist attack, and considering that she said that if she saw a bunch of liberals in a burning building, she would throw in a bottle of liquor, I don't think it is at all a bit much.

By the way, i'm not even a Democrat, and those comments just made me sick.

AchtungBono said:
It's very sad to think that you guys don't take me seriously just because I don't conform to your way of thinking and because my posts and opinions aren't very popular on this forum.

I could stop posting comments on current issues that I feel strongly about and just stick to creating nice, innocent "fluffy" threads like my "big hug" thread......would that be preferrable?

And just in case you DO think I'm joking, I'm not:

1. Bill O'Reilly should be cloned and sent to all the corrupt and bias news stations in order to straighten them out.
2. George Bush is a HERO.
3. Fox News is the ONLY trustworthy news station.
4. Sean Hannity ROCKS!!!!

It's not because of your opinions. It's in the typical way you post, which is:

"GEORGE BUSH AND FOX AND O'REILLY ROCK."

And then leave. Seems like a parody. Fair enough if it's not.

I just don't see how you can consider yourself an independent and take O'Reilly seriously. He's so blatantly insulting to so many groups of people; I'm an independent and he infuriates me. He's despicable.

Another thing I don't understand is how you can be for the rights of homosexuals and then brush off the words of an Ann Coulter as a "joke."

Ann Coulter: Marketing Genius?

By EMILY FRIEDMAN

Oct. 17, 2007 —

She has referred to Sept. 11 widows as "self-obsessed women" who are "enjoying their husbands' deaths," and has even admitted that she wished Timothy McVeigh had bombed The New York Times building instead of the one in Oklahoma City.

Late last week, conservative pundit Ann Coulter landed herself in national headlines, yet again, after an appearance on CNBC's "The Big Idea," where she said she thought the world would be better if everyone were Christian.

When host Donny Deutsch asked her whether that meant she wanted to see Judaism disappear, Coulter who was on the show to promote her sixth book, "If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans" replied "We just want Jews to be perfected."

Since then, critics have swung into full force. The Anti-Defamation League and the National Jewish Democratic Council have issued statements in response to Coulter's remarks, the latter requesting the media stop inviting her to be a guest on programming altogether.

"No one has been reluctant to book [Coulter], and we've had as many requests as ever  probably more," Coulter's publicist, Diana Banister, told ABCNEWS.com, arguing against speculation that Coulter may soon be less prominent on news talk shows.

Banister also had no explanation for an open letter to readers that appeared on Coulter's Web site Tuesday, claiming that her "career as a media figurehead is over." Members of the blogosphere speculated that her site had been hacked. The letter was removed midday and replaced with Coulter's latest column, opining about the Republican presidential hopefuls.

Coulter's comments, as controversial as they often are, make great television, several media told ABCNEWS.com, but the more outlandish and offensive she gets, the more likely it is that networks will begin refusing her a spot on their programs.

In the meantime, though, Coulter may be playing her cards just right: ruffling the feathers of her critics, while her own market value and name continue to grow.

Coulter as Marketing Genius

With a syndicated column published throughout the country, six books  all of which were best-sellers  and, according to Media Matters, more than 200 appearances on MSNBC, CNBC and the Fox News Channel to date, Coulter hasn't had a hard time finding a place to express her opinions.

And some argue that Coulter uses that to her advantage, appearing on shows purely to make a scene, and consequently, generating more press for her books.

"I think [her comments] are highly calculated," said Liam O'Brien, an expert in media criticism and pop culture at Quinnipiac University. "I'm not sure she knows what trigger on which verbal gun she is going to pull at any given moment, but I think at any particular time, she has three or four of these things that are controversial and inflammatory enough to get national press notice above and beyond whatever the topic is of her book or the talk show."

Coincidence or not, a few of Coulter's book releases have, in fact, coincided with a remark that has ignited a media frenzy.

After 9/11, and around the time of her book "Godless: The Church of Liberalism," Coulter appeared on NBC's "Today Show," where she reiterated statements from her book in which she pegs 9/11 widows as "broads" who were actually enjoying the media attention.

Her comments about McVeigh and The New York Times were also made around the same time she released her book "Slander: Liberal Lies About the American Right."

"She's absolutely one of the best marketers," said O'Brien. "There is a reason her books do well, and I don't think it's necessarily about the content, but that people want to hear what inflammatory thing she's going to say next."

Chris Ariens, editor of media news Web site TVNewser.com, said that he thinks Coulter genuinely believes in what she talks about, but can't deny her financial motivations.

"There is a bit of marketing," Ariens told ABCNEWS.com. "I don't think she says outrageous things necessarily solely to sell a book. I think she believes the things she says, and doesn't care what other people think."

"I think there's a reason the shows go on when her book is on sale," said Ariens. "And then, she's often booked to talk about her comments, but then ends up selling more books."

Will TV Ever Turn Its Back on Coulter?

With radio personality Don Imus slowly recovering from his racist on-air faux pas, and Bill O'Reilly's controversial remarks about blacks still in recent memory, how long Coulter will sustain her role as a go-to talking head is unclear. It's quite possible, media critics said, that her marketing skills could turn into a double-edged sword.

"[Coulter's] sort of like a train wreck," said Ariens, who affirmed that Coulter definitely has a following. "You do want to watch the train as it goes down the track, but if you expect it's going to derail at some point, you kind of want to see what happens."

So far, none of the major television networks have said they will refrain from inviting Coulter on their shows.

"The decision to put someone like Ann Coulter on our air is not one we would ever take lightly," said a CNBC spokesperson in an e-mail to ABCNEWS.com. "However, when you talk about banning someone from the airwaves because of their views  whatever they may be  you are getting into dangerous territory."

But several media critics said they're not so sure Coulter's popularity will extend past her current book tour.

"[Networks] love people who kind of speak their mind, and they know Coulter is a lightning rod, and anything will come out of her mouth, and it will make great TV," said Gemma Puglisi, pop culture expert at American University in Washington, D.C. "But there are lines you cross, and boundaries beyond that line when you're being really offensive."

"There will be a time when Coulter will care [if she offends people]," added Puglisi. "[It will be] when it affects her bottom line."

"I certainly don't think she's untouchable," said O'Brien. "I think there is something that will be her last straw, and I really don't know why we're not there yet.

"In six months, there will be less of Coulter, not none, but less," added O'Brien.

martha said:

I don't know. Are we sure she's human?

i really think she's some sort of warped performance artist.

who knows -- the joke may one day be on us.

she may be many things, but she's certainly not dumb.

That's why I don't get as frustrated with her as I do with the people who listen and agree with her. She's doing a lot of it to get in the news. She knows how to push the right buttons (with the wrong ideas, of course). The problem's not her, it's that there's a lot of people who think like her public persona does.

I was trying to remember what I'd read from Coulter before that her latest publicity op reminded me of, and I'm pretty sure it was this:

Townhall.com, March 4, 2004
...According to liberals, the message of Jesus, which somehow [Mel] Gibson missed, is something along the lines of "be nice to people" (which to them means "raise taxes on the productive").

You don't need a religion like Christianity, which is a rather large and complex endeavor, in order to flag that message. All you need is a moron driving around in a Volvo with a bumper sticker that says "be nice to people." Being nice to people is, in fact, one of the incidental tenets of Christianity (as opposed to other religions whose tenets are more along the lines of "kill everyone who doesn't smell bad and doesn't answer to the name Mohammed"). But to call it the "message" of Jesus requires...well, the brain of Maureen Dowd.

In fact, Jesus' distinctive message was: People are sinful and need to be redeemed, and this is your lucky day because I'm here to redeem you even though you don't deserve it, and I have to get the crap kicked out of me to do it. That is the reason He is called "Christ the Redeemer" rather than "Christ the Moron Driving Around in a Volvo With a 'Be Nice to People' Bumper Sticker on It."
................................................................................
Imitating the ostrich-like posture of certain German Jews who ignored the growing danger during Hitler's rise to power, today's liberals are deliberately blind to the real threats of violence that surround us. Their narcissistic self-image requires absolute solicitude toward angry savages plotting acts of terrorism. The only people who scare them are the ones who worship a Jew.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Ann Coulter: Marketing Genius?

:yes:

What's sad is that while she's cynically fattening her bank account, so many people, including some posters--not naming any names--are drinking her kool-aid. Her's and O'Reilly's.

maycocksean said:

:yes:

What's sad is that while she's cynically fattening her bank account, so many people, including some posters--not naming any names--are drinking her kool-aid. Her's and O'Reilly's.

Yes, the idiots who buy her books help fatten her bank account. And I can understand that Fox News has her on their network, since its a crap network, so it should have crap guests. But then every other network also has her on. I hate how Larry Kudlow and Donny Deutsche from CNBC have to repeatedly have her on their shows, and then debate with her over the most insane things. Its ridiculous.

Anyway, she's ugly, I wouldn't touch her with a 1000 foot pole, I hope she is lonely for the rest of her life and dies alone.

Back
Top Bottom