Ann Coulter calls John Edwards a "faggot"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would assume that many people might look at Ann Coulter in her self-appointed role as spokesperson for Christianity and think "I'd rather take my chances."

U2Girl1978 said:

"I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word ‘faggot,’ so I — so kind of an impasse, can’t really talk about Edwards." (video)

http://www.towleroad.com/2007/03/ann_coulter_cal.html

I don't understand.............she DIDN'T actually call him a faggot - she made a joke. She didn't come right out and say: "John Edwards is a faggot".

What's the problem?

MrsSpringsteen said:
This is even more offensive than what Coulter said at that convention.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/03/04/newt-blames-the-victims-of-katrina/

Newt Gingrich, (speaking at CPAC) blamed the residents of New Orleans' 9th Ward for a "failure of citizenship," by being "so uneducated and so unprepared, they literally couldn't get out of the way of a hurricane."

And he called for a "deep investigation" into this "failure of citizenship."

Here's the full quote:

"How can you have the mess we have in New Orleans, and not have had deep investigations of the federal government, the state government, the city government, and the failure of citizenship in the Ninth Ward, where 22,000 people were so uneducated and so unprepared, they literally couldn't get out of the way of a hurricane."

I believe that he wasn't criticizing the citizens of NO but rather the failure of the government to provide adequate education and resources to allow the people to take care of themselves.

Re: Re: Ann Coulter calls John Edwards a "faggot"

AchtungBono said:
I don't understand.............she DIDN'T actually call him a faggot - she made a joke. She didn't come right out and say: "John Edwards is a faggot".

What's the problem?

There's no fucking way you're serious.

AchtungBono said:

What's the problem?

"I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate Joe Lieberman, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word ‘kike,’ so I — so kind of an impasse, can’t really talk about Lieberman."

how does that feel?

Re: Re: Re: Ann Coulter calls John Edwards a "faggot"

phillyfan26 said:

There's no fucking way you're serious.

Yes I AM serious.......she didn't make a personal attack on him - she was making a joke.

Americans are so fanatical about free speech so why are they coming down on her so hard?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ann Coulter calls John Edwards a "faggot"

AchtungBono said:

Americans are so fanatical about free speech so why are they coming down on her so hard?

"I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word ‘cunt,’ so I — so kind of an impasse, can’t really talk about Clinton."

"I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word ‘******,’ so I — so kind of an impasse, can’t really talk about Obama."

:rolleyes:

Again, a free speech issue would be if she wasn't legally allowed to say the crap she uttered here. But she is.

And since you can say whatever you want, you also have to live with the echo.

I think it's not too hard to get that Ann Coulter definitely isn't making a joke here.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ann Coulter calls John Edwards a "faggot"

AchtungBono said:
Yes I AM serious.......she didn't make a personal attack on him - she was making a joke.

Yes, we have free speech. That doesn't mean you can say whatever you want and have no feedback, though, genius.

What kind of sick fucking joke insults an entire group of people? What if it was about gender, race, or religion?

It doesn't matter in the least that it's a joke. She strongly insulted every homosexual in that. Why? SHE WAS USING IT AS A DEROGATORY TERM, NITWIT.

Vincent Vega said:
I think it's not too hard to get that Ann Coulter definitely isn't making a joke here.

i think she was trying to be funny -- and she knows her audience. the kinds of people at this conference are going to think that it's someone to call someone a "faggot."

after all, Republicans are known for their worldliness and sophistication.

Yeah, it's a two-sided sword here. For her and her audience it's a joke, for everyone else it's just another expression of stupidity.

AchtungBono said:

What's the problem?

I've decided to enjoy AchtungBono's posts as first-rate parody.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ann Coulter calls John Edwards a "faggot"

Irvine511 said:

"I was going to have a few comments on Ann Coulter, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word ‘cunt,’ so I — so kind of an impasse, can’t really talk about Coulter."

Much better I think.

Even if it's a joke, then she jokingly called Edwards a "faggot". But she still called him one...how you could draw any other conclusion from that quote is beyond me.

And I won't even get into the Gingrich thing...throw that quote into a Gingrich/English translator and I'm guaranteeing 100% you don't get "we need to investigate the government". It would come out more like "blah blah blah those stupid n****rs in the ninth ward were too busy smoking crack to get out of the way of a hurricane". Newt is a vile spiteful hateful man...we've heard his drivel for over 15 years now and he's never said anything to make one think that my translation isn't his most likely intent.

Last edited:
I recall a specific thread in which she insisted she was not a parody. I think in that one, she stated that Fox News was the only real source of news and that Bill O'Reilly is fantastic.

^ I think that makes a great argument for parody.

I'm absolutely not sure. So it makes for delicious anticipation.

Last edited:
Well, if you're convinced it's likely parody, then no point working yourself into a lather and spitting fire over it.

I think the ones who are arguing don't think it's parody. I don't have a clue. Just my approach has changed. If it's parody, it's clever. I will cop to previously having gotten into a lather though.:wink:

Last edited:
phillyfan26 said:
I recall a specific thread in which she insisted she was not a parody. I think in that one, she stated that Fox News was the only real source of news and that Bill O'Reilly is fantastic.

That is a VERY true statement - good for her!

Quite a few of us posters in here could be described as a parody by others,
- from their vantage point.

This forum is only interesting to visit and participate in because we have many different people participating from many different locations all over the world.

It seems we have less participation as time goes on.

I think it works best when we respond to the positions and arguments presented.

When replies are directed at individuals
instead of positions,
I believe it does not contribute
to the betterment of this forum.

I am guilty too, but I am trying to think a little before I hit the send reply button.

Someone hacked her web site

dlisted.com

The hack got hacked! A message from Ann Coulter appeared on her official website yesterday. Unfortunately, it wasn't real. The message from Ann read:

coultersitescrngrb.jpg

Vincent Vega said:
The "her" is you. :)

I KNOW that......LMAO!.....I'm giving myself a pat on the back!....

It's very sad to think that you guys don't take me seriously just because I don't conform to your way of thinking and because my posts and opinions aren't very popular on this forum.

I could stop posting comments on current issues that I feel strongly about and just stick to creating nice, innocent "fluffy" threads like my "big hug" thread......would that be preferrable?

And just in case you DO think I'm joking, I'm not:

1. Bill O'Reilly should be cloned and sent to all the corrupt and bias news stations in order to straighten them out.
2. George Bush is a HERO.
3. Fox News is the ONLY trustworthy news station.
4. Sean Hannity ROCKS!!!!
5. This is not a recording....ding....ding....ding.....

Thanks for reading.

*this message will self-distruct in 5 seconds*...5..4..3...2...1

:hug: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom