Angel's Action Alert: Tell Bush NOT TO CANCEL HIS TRIP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
Here's the email I sent. Feel free to use it. He's at president@whitehouse.gov.

http://whitehouse.gov

Dear President Bush,

I was disappointed to hear the news of the postponment of your trip to Africa. Like millions of Americans who were excited about the potential for this trip, I heard the news with regret. As you know, tens of thousands of African, many of them children, will die of AIDS, starvation or other preventable diseases in the time it takes me to write this letter. I am proud to have a President who refers to such as a situation as "genocide", as you did. I want to encourage you to give the *emergency* currently devestating Africa the highest priority. It is in Africa's humanitarian interests, it is in our own security interests, and it is, more importantly, the right thing to do.

There was a report off of one of the wires (can't remember which one) that said that Bush had postponed his trip, not cancelled it. I'm going to write about this ASAP. He needs to go dammit! It's an emergency!

Yeah guys this is important. Bush needs to know that we are following his every move when it pertains to this situation........

Thanks!

Letter to the President

Hi All,

I was asked by Oktobergirl to post this letter to the president for you.

Here it be:

Dear President Bush,

I was disappointed to hear the news of the postponement of your trip to Africa.

Like millions of Americans who were excited about the potential for this trip, I heard the news with regret. As you know, tens of thousands of Africans, many of them children, will die of AIDS, starvation, or other preventable diseases in the time it takes me to write this letter.

I am proud to have a President who refers to such as a situation as "genocide", as you did. I want to encourage you to give the *emergency* currently devastating Africa the highest priority. It is in Africa's humanitarian interests, it is in our own security interests, and it is, more importantly, the right thing to do.

Sincerely,

Concerned Citizen

Moonie

Re: Letter to the President

moon_is_playing_tricks said:
Hi All,

I was asked by Oktobergirl to post this letter to the president for you.

Hey, that looks familiar! :) Not sure why she asked you to do that, but thanks! I hope you sent one off to Bush as well. Bono's not the only White House pest! :mac: Shall I add you to the Angels?

SD

I?ve been adjusting the letter to my needs,

thanks 4 the info!

Dear President Bush,

I was disappointed to hear the news of the postponement of your journey to Africa.

Like many European citizens who were excited about the potential for this trip, I heard the news with regret. As you know, millions of Africans, many of them children, will die of AIDS, starvation, or other preventable diseases.

Apart from that, I know that you personally, Mr. President, have the possibility to make great changes by influencing, adjusting and slightly redirecting the policies of the International Monetary Fund based on the Washington Consensus.

Another important contribution of the current U.S. administration could be setting and encouraging higher ethic and Christian standards in the pharmaceutical industry.

Dear President Bush, those issues are of great importance, and you have the power to give a whole continent some chances to survive. I want to encourage you to give the *emergency* currently devastating Africa the highest priority. It is in Africas humanitarian interests, it is in American and European long-term security interests, and it is the right thing to do.

Hoping to be hearing about concrete plans from your administration soon,

Sincerely,

Sherry,

Yeah, I was going to ask moonie to post it as a word document ( as an attachment)-

cuz I don't have posting attachment privelege's :)

Whenhiphop-- wonderful job! Yeah, I do post 'em as I write 'em. I'll add you to the Angels right away!

Oktober-- LOL. Kay, thanks! :) I appreciate your dedication!

(And I LOVED Dockers! What a great pub!)

SD

Oh Did you go to Dockers recently?

Yes, I visited Ireland in September of 2002 and we were at Dockers 3 different times. They have great Toasted Cheese sandwiches, not to mention their Irish Coffee . and the Guinness.

oh! THE GUINNESS!
never the same since then.............

Great atmosphere, huh?

oktobergirl said:
Oh Did you go to Dockers recently?

Yes, I visited Ireland in September of 2002 and we were at Dockers 3 different times. They have great Toasted Cheese sandwiches, not to mention their Irish Coffee . and the Guinness.

oh! THE GUINNESS!
never the same since then.............

Great atmosphere, huh?

:cough: So I have a confession to make. I don't like Guiness. But Mr. Nice Sweet Friendly Bartender made me an amzing Irish Coffee. Atmosphere was warm and relaxing. Ppl friendly. Bartender even called a cab for me, he insisted. Didn't want me walking back to my hostel alone. :)

I :heart: Dooblintown.

SD

ooooooooh! the Irish coffee! Actually the day my friends and I were there ( the Exit girls and my friend Michelle) it was raining cats and dogs and we were wet and cold from walking down to HQ. We happened then upon Dockers and the toasted cheese saved us. We all had Bailey's and coffee and it was amazing. I swear i've had lots of Bailey's and coffee and none was as good as theirs!

I miss it!

Oktobrgirl-- I miss it too! :(

Debbie-- hope this means you'll send a letter or make a phone call (or both, if you're a really pesty pest like yours truly! :mac:) Check out the link in my sig for samples and help and phone #'s and such.

:)

SD

Sherry Darling said:

Debbie-- hope this means you'll send a letter or make a phone call (or both, if you're a really pesty pest like yours truly! :mac:) Check out the link in my sig for samples and help and phone #'s and such.

SD

oh i have, sorry i was mum about that. i've been meaning to sign up on your page, too, just slacking

i am also sorry i never made it to dockers in Dublin, though i did get to the guiness factory, back in 97. i lived on that stuff when i was there!

DebbieSG said:

oh i have, sorry i was mum about that. i've been meaning to sign up on your page, too, just slacking

i am also sorry i never made it to dockers in Dublin, though i did get to the guiness factory, back in 97. i lived on that stuff when i was there!

Dockers is a don't miss! :)

And if you've sent a letter, I'll sign you up. Sending it off is all you need to do! :)

SD

Congress is back in session today! The 108th Congress convened today so there is an excuse to write and call your Reps and Senators again.

They're most opt to listen when their in session than not.

Cheers,
JULIE

DebbieSG said:

yep i did! it's a great letter, btw

so thanks, i'll try to keep at it

:wave:

You're an :bono: :angel: :)

Check out the link in my sig if you wanna see your name in lights, so to speak!

SD

Back
Top Bottom