Angels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

poptart2001

The Fly
i dont normally come in here so im sorry if this has been posted before.
I just wondered what your views are on angels,do you belive in guardian Angels? is there really someone looking out for you and giding you through everthing?.
i used to belive in them but now im not sure my beliefs on lots of things have been changed recently.

------------------
a vampire or a victim it depends on whos around

Dont let the Bastards grind you down

I don't actually believe in angels, though that is one belief I constantly question myself on. I don't believe in Ghosts, but I do believe I had a supernatural experience... I don't believe in angels, but sometimes it really does look like someone is watching over me, I always thought it was God.

So, no, I don't believe in Angels. If you do believe in Angels, does it mean you believe in devils?

Ant.

Ah.. yes. I truly do believe in Guardian Angels.. AFter almost stepping off a cliff when I was twelve.. After getting into two wrecks.. a second one as I fell asleep on a drive home with twenty foot drop offs on each side on an icy road.. wakening up at the precise moment to pull off onto the icy shoulder and proceed to spin and ultimately run 'straight' into a guard rail at fifty miles an hour giving the car no more damage than a popped radiator... When someone two days later does the same thing.. jumps the guard rail and dies... Yes, I believe in them..

Originally posted by Lemonite:
When someone two days later does the same thing.. jumps the guard rail and dies... Yes, I believe in them..

confused.gif

I don't believe there are angels or ghosts.

[This message has been edited by travu2 (edited 12-03-2001).]

The subject of guardian angels, or angels for that matter, has always been a whirlwind to me. I can't say whether I believe whole heartedly but on the other hand... I think of all the things that happened to me or others, and froma logical point of view the circumstances of those situations could've been coincidental. Despite my shaky beliefs in angels and whatnot, I've held onto the notion that some things are better left unkown - such is life. Some people have premonitions, others cling to certain beliefs simply because it gives them hope, or perhaps an answer to why something happened when the inevitable should have taken place. Read me? I know what I wrote is near unreadable, but my thoughts are in a jumble right now.

I did have an experience (rather it was a friend's experience) that gave me the first notion about guardian angels. When I was about 8 years old I went with a girlfriend and her family to the beach. There were 5 of us kids in all, all ages ranging from 8 - 14.

My friend Laura and I wandered up the beach which wasn't very crowded. We wandered to the tide pools which were at the far right end of the beachy stretch - the tide pools being fronted by a steep cliff. The only way to reach around the tide pools to the next beach over was to swim. Something I wasn't about to do but something Laura (bless her sneaky little heart) flirted with the idea.

After arguiung a little and heading my warnings of not swimming where nobody could see her, we came to an agreement. She decided she wanted to take a quick swim but not swim near the tide pools. I don't really like to swim in the ocean because I have this irrational fear of waves, so I decided I'd keep a look out on the shore. There weren't many people in the water and there was no lifeguard on duty because it was off season and the tide wasn't too menacing. The people that were in the water were down a ways from the beach, to the left of us.

I watched Laura swim and could see her kind of getting tugged out of bounds by what must've been a rip tide. Not really sure what was going on and before I decided to cry wolf, I kept an eye out for Laura who didn't appear to be showing any signs of panic. I looked away to see her family way down on the left end of the beach, and watched them play happily burying each other's legs in the sand. When I looked back after maybe a couple of seconds, I noticed Laura was gone. I started kind of panicking, not knowing what to do because I wasn't exactly sure where she was. This went on for maybe a couple of minutes. I made the decision to tell someone, anyone, that my friend had gone missing. At the moment I turned on my heel to head back up the beach, I heard my name being called out and I saw Laura in the water, flanked by two average looking men. One had sandy blonde hair and a pleasant muscular face, the other was dark haired and quite tanned, and was wearing green swim trunks. They brought Laura back on to shore, and she kept thanking them profusely. The two men gave me a smile and said, "you need to keep a good eye on her" and Laura, who seemed bursting to tell me about her grand water adventure, turns to me.

"I was praying" she said. I kind of looked at her oddly, because we didn't really discuss things like that because we were so young and of different faiths anyhow. "I was so scared. I could feel the currant take me under and I kept praying. And these two guys..."

I looked up, and the two men were walking away toward the tide pools. I quickly turned back to Laura who said, "those two guys came from nowhere. I swear, do you see anyone else swimming near here? I'm not making this up." At that instant we both looked up and toward the tide pools. The two men were gone. I stared out to the ocean and by this time there was nobody in it. Not a single soul. There was no way those two men could've swam around the tide pools and out of site in those couple of seconds we had our heads turned away from those two men. No way.

The conversation that transpired after that incident isn't really important - but the event that occured was. Needless to say it was one of the more odd moments I've ever shared with anyone, and actually, I haven't thought of this story in years. It's just one of those tales that not everybody would believe. Especially since I was only 8 years old at the time. And you know how kids have silly imagination.
wink.gif

I don't know... seems that many people have a story like that, including myself. But that sort of implies that you're more important than the people who aren't so lucky, so I'm not sure I like the idea. However, I can be quite the realist sometimes, and I'm afraid I have to believe that it's the way I see God as well... sometimes they have time for you, and sometimes they don't. And some of us have starring roles in life's big movie, while others have supporting roles and a lot are just extras. I belong to the latter, in case you wonder.

I've had two experiences in my life that would fall under this category. I don't know if it would be a "guardian angel" persay, but most definately a benevolent force protecting us.

The first time happened in Costa Rica on family vacation. We were out at a cluster of 5 or 6 bungalows and a restaurant out in the middle of the rainforest. From where my 3 year old sister and I were on the beach, there was one trail to get back to the hut, and a number of others that led into the forest. My sis and I were making sandcastles on the beach while my parents relaxed. All of a sudden I turned around and she was GONE. I took the trail up to the restaurant and the one back to the house and nothing. Then, back at the beach, a white cadilac pulled up, and a woman in a white suit got out and handed me my sister. She proceeded to yell at me, but then got back in her car and drove away. No one knew who she was or where she came from. And like I said before... this is BACKWOODS Costa Rica... the only way you can get in is muddy dirt roads (4x4 vehicle) or small plane.

Later in life, on my 13th birthday, I lost my grandfather, a man I was very connected to. I never quite got over his death. I am a very emotional person and wasn't allowed to see him for the last two weeks of his life or to go to the funeral, so I never got closure. In a way, I was still mourning at age 21. I couldn't talk about him without crying, and was pretty bitter about his death. Then one night, I had a dream, but one of those long ones that lasts all night. When it started, I was on the beach where my grandfather took me as a little girl. He was there, and looked healthier than ever and said, "I've been waiting for you." For the rest of the night we sat on the beach, and talked about all the things he wanted to tell me about life, and how to be a good person, and relationships, and marriage. Then all of a sudden I was with him while he was dying. He said he had to go now, but wanted me to know that he always loved me more than he could explain and he would always always be with me. And I was with him when he died. I woke up sobbing, of course, but with the feeling as if the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders. It took 8 years, but I finally got my closure, and there's no doubt in my mind that that was him making it okay for me.

Originally posted by Klodomir:
I don't know... seems that many people have a story like that, including myself. But that sort of implies that you're more important than the people who aren't so lucky, so I'm not sure I like the idea. However, I can be quite the realist sometimes, and I'm afraid I have to believe that it's the way I see God as well... sometimes they have time for you, and sometimes they don't. And some of us have starring roles in life's big movie, while others have supporting roles and a lot are just extras. I belong to the latter, in case you wonder.
No one is here Waving their thumb in the air saying . A. Hah.. Ah Hah.. I've felt to have a Guardian Angel Experience. and you haaaavvveenn't. With the sneer of a second grader...

If I do have a guardian angel, they are slacking off right now!! All within 4 days I: broke my pinky toe so bad I had to get it reset, got into a car accident, failed a few tests (ok, that's my fault...), had my car hit in the parking lot so bad I can't open the driver's side door and NO ONE LEFT A NOTE!, and my parents quit talking to each other again. So, angel if you're out there, let's get crackin! (I'm sorry, this had nothing to do with your original comment, I really just had to vent there. Frankly I'm in your boat, but I'm on the side that already sunk.) I don't have an answer to that. Just experience. But, experience IS how people learn...

------------------
Go lightly down your darkened way.

[This message has been edited by Lilly (edited 12-05-2001).]

Originally posted by Lemonite:
No one is here Waving their thumb in the air saying . A. Hah.. Ah Hah.. I've felt to have a Guardian Angel Experience. and you haaaavvveenn't. With the sneer of a second grader...
Sorry that it took me so long to reply, but I was locked out of the forum for a few days (no, to my knowledge it wasn't my own fault). But anyways, that's not what I meant, Lemonite. I meant that I don't like it when for instance survivors of the WTC say that they were saved by their guardian angel, because it seems to imply that the thousands who did die were less important.

[imagining Lemonite waving his thumb in the air
confused.gif
]

We were talking about Guardian Angels in school this week, we read lots of stories about ppl who thought they had some I'll try and tell you some of them but I cant remember them that well

There was a girl one night who was wlaking back to her flat and ahead of her she saw a man who looked pretty dodgy so she started saying a prayer to her guardian angel and she quickly walked past the strange man. The next day the girl heard that someone in her block of flats had been raped and the girl offered to go to the police station and try and identify the man she saw the night before to see if it was the same guy who raped this girl. It was the same man and when the police asked him why he didnt do anything to this young girl he replied "sure why would i have wanted to go near her she had 2 tall men on each side of her" The girl thinks that her guardian angel protected her.

My teacher thought i had a cynical smile on my face but i do doubt whether of not they do exist but some things happen that cant be explained...so its all a big mystery to me really
smile.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare

miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)

An emphatic YES to this post!!! I believe wholeheartedly in angels...I've had many experiences where a higher power has protected me and guided me. Too many to name here. But I have actually been rescued from death by a higher power...so I definitely believe in angels

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Bono: I don't walk, I swagger! I sashayed once, but just once. It wasn't for me.

Back
Top Bottom