And you thought Obama's Pastor was weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The VRWC has already taken over the site, all is lost, the rapture has begun!

If it wasn't for the religious left I would think that only the religious right was mad.

For some reason this reminds me of back when I took over the bookstore I managed in grad school and at the time a runaway bestseller there was this book, Big Sister Is Watching You, detailing how Hillary and her secret "coven" of lesbian goddess-worshipping Marxist necromancers (who controlled all the government agencies, of course) planned to destroy first the US then the rest of the world. It would've been absolutely hilarious--I remember being certain the author was laughing all the way to the bank--except for the fact that so many people ate it up.

Anyhow, Mother Jones is at least a dozen notches above that sort of 'investigative' writing, but I still find all this wildly contradictory rumor-mongering highly amusing.

Sometimes I really wonder about the intelligence of people on this site. 74 views and only 3 replies...and all of them stupid. Really, with what's going on in your country right now with the whole Clinton/Obama mess you'd think that at least a few of you would find this interesting...especially Obama suporters, you should be jumping all over this. Last night while watching CNN a woman commentator who I was not familiar with mentioned this alliance of Hillary's with The Family, albeit very briefly but at least it was mentioned. If I were involved in the Obama campaign or if I thought Hillary was a complete and utter liar (which I do) I would try and spread this far and wide. This Doug Coe and his
"cult" of Christian Dominionists are a hideous bunch of characters that are more in line with the Nazi's than they are Jesus Christ. It won't surprise me in the least if this one is just swept under the rug by the Clinton machine. If people on this forum aren't interested I can only wonder exactly who is??? At this pont in time I almost want Hillary to get the nomination. I like Obama and would not wish what awaits the next President on anyone I like. That said, I have such a loathing for the Clinton's now that to see them lose would give me so much joy. They think they are entitled to this and I'd love to see voters prove them wrong. Oh well, time will tell.

Some of us have lives you know. And some of us are actually out hitting the pavement working hard for certain candidates rather than worrying about some posts on an internet forum :shrug:

Harry Vest said:
Sometimes I really wonder about the intelligence of people on this site. 74 views and only 3 replies...and all of them stupid.

Trust me I feel the same way, but it's usually when I open your posts. I can't believe you, or anyone else would take this seriously... 4 pages and not one, not ONE piece of evidence that this "secret group" even exists.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Trust me I feel the same way, but it's usually when I open your posts. I can't believe you, or anyone else would take this seriously... 4 pages and not one, not ONE piece of evidence that this "secret group" even exists.

I guess CBS News, Harpers Magazine and Mother Jones...not to mention THE NATIONAL PRAYER BREAKFAST isn't enough "evidence" to convince you that this group exists. Your beyond even discussing this. You've made up your mind.

U2democrat said:
Some of us have lives you know. And some of us are actually out hitting the pavement working hard for certain candidates rather than worrying about some posts on an internet forum :shrug:

Oh excuse me, I must have been mistaken. How many HUNDREDS of posts have there been on "Mercy"???

Harry Vest said:
Sometimes I really wonder about the intelligence of people on this site. 74 views and only 3 replies...and all of them stupid.

You know, comments like this are not going to make anyone pay attention to what you're talking about.

There are few things more annoying than someone on the internet scolding others for not bothering to talk about something "more important."

Just because we have nothing to say about it on this one particular site in your specific thread doesn't mean we don't care, or have nothing to say. There are other places to talk about things, you know. Some of them even off the internet. Hard to believe, I know.

And honestly, with thread after thread after thread about every aspect of this campaign, sometimes people just need a break. And don't equate that with burying our heads in the sand. Maybe not everyone feels like coming into yet another political thread and getting into yet another circular argument with the same people on this site.

Harry Vest said:

Oh excuse me, I must have been mistaken. How many HUNDREDS of posts have there been on "Mercy"???

In FYM? Or on the streets of Pennsylvania? :confused:

You are pretty consistent with insulting other posters when they don't post in threads of yours because you see the topic as being so important when others don't.
Like the death ot that writer just recently and your remark about the few responses.

And your overall tone regarding Clinton supporters with general insults against Americans because they have different views from yours on candidates is pretty ridiculous.

Maybe you should take a more intellectual approach towards current US politics and try crafting some real structured and mellowed argument on the Clintons rather than just coming in here, ranting and then leave again.

Last edited:
Vincent Vega said:

In FYM? Or on the streets of Pennsylvania? :confused:

You are pretty consistent with insulting other posters when they don't post in threads of yours because you see the topic as being so important when others don't.
Like the death ot that writer just recently and your remark about the few responses.

And your overall tone regarding Clinton supporters with general insults against Americans because they have different views from yours on candidates is pretty ridiculous.

Maybe you should take a more intellectual approach towards current US politics and try crafting some real structured and mellowed argument on the Clintons rather than just coming in here, ranting and then leave again.

I would, at another time perhaps try and have more intelligent discussions. Unfortunately we live in a time where everything seems ridiculous, nothing more so than the US Presidential election. You people have had 8 years of a criminal administration and now is your chance at some kind of change, some would say great change. But no, not good enough. Let's nitpick and bait the two democrats day after day until they both tear each other apart. It's obvious to me that in Obama there would be true change for your country. The opposite with Clinton. I believe the argument of what looks like a monarchy- BUSH (1988-92) CLINTON (1992-2000) BUSH (2000-2008) CLINTON (2008-????) is just so over the top that you'd have to be completely mentally incompetant not to see it. How could anyone want Hillary Clinton in office??? I just don't get it. Is it racism??? It's beginning to look more and more like it is. Which doesn't say much for all those "left leaning" democrats spouting all this nonsense about Obama (I thought that was the right wing's job???). How about the Bosnia lie that she's been caught in. "I was tired" is such a blatant lie that you simply cannot believe it even if your a diehard Clinton supporter. Look, nobody's perfect. Obama is NOT some kind of messiah. In the long run and in a perfect world you democrats would have already selected him to be the nominee (WHAT'S TAKING YOU PEOPLE!!!) but alas we do not live in a perfect world. I'm just hoping against hope that the same country who elected George W. Bush for a second term despite the most mismanaged and never-should-of-been-waged war since Vietnam is not the same country to elect either Hillary Clinton or John McCain.

If you want more of us to engage in debate with you, you might also want to stop this whole "YOU PEOPLE" thing.

Regardless of whether or not I agree with the points you're making, it's really farking annoying and makes me not even want to bother reading whatever you're talking about.

corianderstem said:
If you want more of us to engage in debate with you, you might also want to stop this whole "YOU PEOPLE" thing.

Regardless of whether or not I agree with the points you're making, it's really farking annoying and makes me not even want to bother reading whatever you're talking about.

Exactly. This type of condescension is only going to turn people away, even those who may agree with you.

U2democrat said:

Exactly. This type of condescension is only going to turn people away, even those who may agree with you.

If you're not sharp enough to know that when I refer to "you people" I'm not referring to every living soul in America but to the ones I think need a good scolding (mainly those stubborn enough to still be a Clinton supporter) then what can I do. I'd rather be having this conversation with Bono over a pint of guinness and possibly get my ass kicked...we'd have a good one though.

It's not about being sharp. I know you don't mean everyone. It's the way you come across. Take that as a possible explanation why you didn't get the response you had hoped in this thread.

Harry Vest said:

Maybe it's because Mercy:
a) exists for sure and is very relevant,
b) is something that people find interesting and,
most importantly,
c) isn't propagated by people who just insult others for not replying to their threads, and then insult those who do reply.

The irony is, Harry, that almost all the American posters you're freaking out over are Obama supporters anyway.

yolland said:
The irony is, Harry, that almost all the American posters you're freaking out over are Obama supporters anyway.

Right on. That's good news. The only ones that respond. Negative or positive...at least they respond. Thanks. Now go vote for Obama. I'm goin for a pint with Bono.

U2democrat said:

Yeah.

Harry Vest said:

Right on. That's good news. The only ones that respond. Negative or positive...at least they respond. Thanks. Now go vote for Obama. I'm goin for a pint with Bono.

Next year we have an elelction here in Germany. May you be so kind to tell me who I have to vote for?

04-mfb-5127742-bush-merkel-hoch,templateId%3DrenderScaled,property%3DBild,width%3D284-thumb.jpg

This lady survived an assassination attempt.

Harry Vest said:

If you're not sharp enough to know that when I refer to "you people" I'm not referring to every living soul in America but to the ones I think need a good scolding (mainly those stubborn enough to still be a Clinton supporter) then what can I do. I'd rather be having this conversation with Bono over a pint of guinness and possibly get my ass kicked...we'd have a good one though.

you're welcome to move here, become a citizen, pay taxes, buy some property, become invested (financially, intellectually, personally) in the country and culture, and maybe then your "scoldings" might have some sort of weight to them. but until then, if you're just going to rely on shame and frustrating and emotionalism from across the border, you'd might as well go scolding the Japanese or the Venezuelans or some other nation of millions for how they vote. i'm sure they'd be glad to have your input.

i know many people seem to think they know what's best, but they don't fucking live here. i'd never be so presumptuous as to scold the entire nation of Canada for anything in a political sense. see, i don't live there. i don't understand the nuances of it's politics. i could learn and try to understand, but i'd know that the worst way to go about that would be to get all emotional and use phrases like "you people" and talk about people who think differently (perhaps because they're from a different country?) as being "mentally incompetent."

i mean, i could say, i think the entire nation of Canada should shut up and stop whining and complaining and calling people who, you know, live here and have different opinions because without us you'd be left to defend your coasts with little more than a musket and a canoe and the view is awfully nice when you don't have any real stake in global security. you're just a measly 30m people living in a vast, cold country that might as well be Siberia and no one actually cares who's your PM because it really doesn't matter what goes on inside your borders to begin with. you've got it made living next door to the US, an economic juggernaut who buys 80% of your exports, and who defends you. so stop looking a gift horse in the mouth and fall in line.

but that would be silly and annoying and insulting, wouldn't it?

Irvine511 said:

you're welcome to move here, become a citizen, pay taxes, buy some property, become invested (financially, intellectually, personally) in the country and culture, and maybe then your "scoldings" might have some sort of weight to them. but until then, if you're just going to rely on shame and frustrating and emotionalism from across the border, you'd might as well go scolding the Japanese or the Venezuelans or some other nation of millions for how they vote. i'm sure they'd be glad to have your input.

i know many people seem to think they know what's best, but they don't fucking live here. i'd never be so presumptuous as to scold the entire nation of Canada for anything in a political sense. see, i don't live there. i don't understand the nuances of it's politics. i could learn and try to understand, but i'd know that the worst way to go about that would be to get all emotional and use phrases like "you people" and talk about people who think differently (perhaps because they're from a different country?) as being "mentally incompetent."

i mean, i could say, i think the entire nation of Canada should shut up and stop whining and complaining and calling people who, you know, live here and have different opinions because without us you'd be left to defend your coasts with little more than a musket and a canoe and the view is awfully nice when you don't have any real stake in global security. you're just a measly 30m people living in a vast, cold country that might as well be Siberia and no one actually cares who's your PM because it really doesn't matter what goes on inside your borders to begin with. you've got it made living next door to the US, an economic juggernaut who buys 80% of your exports, and who defends you. so stop looking a gift horse in the mouth and fall in line.

Thanks Hillary.

Irvine511 said:

Absolutely.

I'm thinking Harry's ventured south of the border at least once...and stayed long enough for HRC to piss in his cornflakes. Having an opinion is one thing, calling anyone who disagrees an idiot is quite another.

Back
Top Bottom