And you thought Obama's Pastor was weird - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-27-2008, 04:43 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
Some of us have lives you know. And some of us are actually out hitting the pavement working hard for certain candidates rather than worrying about some posts on an internet forum
Yeah.
__________________

verte76 is offline  
Old 03-27-2008, 04:46 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by yolland
The irony is, Harry, that almost all the American posters you're freaking out over are Obama supporters anyway.
Yes, we are.
__________________

verte76 is offline  
Old 03-27-2008, 09:02 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Vincent Vega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 6,744
Local Time: 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Vest


Right on. That's good news. The only ones that respond. Negative or positive...at least they respond. Thanks. Now go vote for Obama. I'm goin for a pint with Bono.
Next year we have an elelction here in Germany. May you be so kind to tell me who I have to vote for?
Vincent Vega is offline  
Old 03-27-2008, 09:30 PM   #24
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,455
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Vega


Next year we have an elelction here in Germany. May you be so kind to tell me who I have to vote for?
No, but I'll gladly tell you who you shouldn't vote for.
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 03-27-2008, 09:38 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 01:59 PM


This lady survived an assassination attempt.
deep is offline  
Old 03-28-2008, 12:39 AM   #26
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,856
Local Time: 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Vest


If you're not sharp enough to know that when I refer to "you people" I'm not referring to every living soul in America but to the ones I think need a good scolding (mainly those stubborn enough to still be a Clinton supporter) then what can I do. I'd rather be having this conversation with Bono over a pint of guinness and possibly get my ass kicked...we'd have a good one though.



you're welcome to move here, become a citizen, pay taxes, buy some property, become invested (financially, intellectually, personally) in the country and culture, and maybe then your "scoldings" might have some sort of weight to them. but until then, if you're just going to rely on shame and frustrating and emotionalism from across the border, you'd might as well go scolding the Japanese or the Venezuelans or some other nation of millions for how they vote. i'm sure they'd be glad to have your input.

i know many people seem to think they know what's best, but they don't fucking live here. i'd never be so presumptuous as to scold the entire nation of Canada for anything in a political sense. see, i don't live there. i don't understand the nuances of it's politics. i could learn and try to understand, but i'd know that the worst way to go about that would be to get all emotional and use phrases like "you people" and talk about people who think differently (perhaps because they're from a different country?) as being "mentally incompetent."

i mean, i could say, i think the entire nation of Canada should shut up and stop whining and complaining and calling people who, you know, live here and have different opinions because without us you'd be left to defend your coasts with little more than a musket and a canoe and the view is awfully nice when you don't have any real stake in global security. you're just a measly 30m people living in a vast, cold country that might as well be Siberia and no one actually cares who's your PM because it really doesn't matter what goes on inside your borders to begin with. you've got it made living next door to the US, an economic juggernaut who buys 80% of your exports, and who defends you. so stop looking a gift horse in the mouth and fall in line.

but that would be silly and annoying and insulting, wouldn't it?
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 03-29-2008, 06:10 PM   #27
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,455
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511





you're welcome to move here, become a citizen, pay taxes, buy some property, become invested (financially, intellectually, personally) in the country and culture, and maybe then your "scoldings" might have some sort of weight to them. but until then, if you're just going to rely on shame and frustrating and emotionalism from across the border, you'd might as well go scolding the Japanese or the Venezuelans or some other nation of millions for how they vote. i'm sure they'd be glad to have your input.

i know many people seem to think they know what's best, but they don't fucking live here. i'd never be so presumptuous as to scold the entire nation of Canada for anything in a political sense. see, i don't live there. i don't understand the nuances of it's politics. i could learn and try to understand, but i'd know that the worst way to go about that would be to get all emotional and use phrases like "you people" and talk about people who think differently (perhaps because they're from a different country?) as being "mentally incompetent."

i mean, i could say, i think the entire nation of Canada should shut up and stop whining and complaining and calling people who, you know, live here and have different opinions because without us you'd be left to defend your coasts with little more than a musket and a canoe and the view is awfully nice when you don't have any real stake in global security. you're just a measly 30m people living in a vast, cold country that might as well be Siberia and no one actually cares who's your PM because it really doesn't matter what goes on inside your borders to begin with. you've got it made living next door to the US, an economic juggernaut who buys 80% of your exports, and who defends you. so stop looking a gift horse in the mouth and fall in line.

but that would be silly and annoying and insulting, wouldn't it?
Thanks Hillary.
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 03-30-2008, 10:46 AM   #28
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,142
Local Time: 09:59 PM
Have you never seen any of irvine's posts? He's one of the most ardent Obama supporters on here
U2democrat is offline  
Old 03-30-2008, 11:01 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
CTU2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,366
Local Time: 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511





you're welcome to move here, become a citizen, pay taxes, buy some property, become invested (financially, intellectually, personally) in the country and culture, and maybe then your "scoldings" might have some sort of weight to them. but until then, if you're just going to rely on shame and frustrating and emotionalism from across the border, you'd might as well go scolding the Japanese or the Venezuelans or some other nation of millions for how they vote. i'm sure they'd be glad to have your input.

i know many people seem to think they know what's best, but they don't fucking live here. i'd never be so presumptuous as to scold the entire nation of Canada for anything in a political sense. see, i don't live there. i don't understand the nuances of it's politics. i could learn and try to understand, but i'd know that the worst way to go about that would be to get all emotional and use phrases like "you people" and talk about people who think differently (perhaps because they're from a different country?) as being "mentally incompetent."

i mean, i could say, i think the entire nation of Canada should shut up and stop whining and complaining and calling people who, you know, live here and have different opinions because without us you'd be left to defend your coasts with little more than a musket and a canoe and the view is awfully nice when you don't have any real stake in global security. you're just a measly 30m people living in a vast, cold country that might as well be Siberia and no one actually cares who's your PM because it really doesn't matter what goes on inside your borders to begin with. you've got it made living next door to the US, an economic juggernaut who buys 80% of your exports, and who defends you. so stop looking a gift horse in the mouth and fall in line.

but that would be silly and annoying and insulting, wouldn't it?
Absolutely.

I'm thinking Harry's ventured south of the border at least once...and stayed long enough for HRC to piss in his cornflakes. Having an opinion is one thing, calling anyone who disagrees an idiot is quite another.
CTU2fan is offline  
Old 03-30-2008, 11:48 AM   #30
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Vest


Thanks Hillary.
See, this is what I'm talking about...
BVS is offline  
Old 03-30-2008, 02:30 PM   #31
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,663
Local Time: 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Vest


Thanks Hillary.
Irvine's an Obama supporter. Wasn't a very clever jab anyway.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 03-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,153
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by yolland
For some reason this reminds me of back when I took over the bookstore I managed in grad school and at the time a runaway bestseller there was this book, Big Sister Is Watching You, detailing how Hillary and her secret "coven" of lesbian goddess-worshipping Marxist necromancers (who controlled all the government agencies, of course) planned to destroy first the US then the rest of the world. It would've been absolutely hilarious--I remember being certain the author was laughing all the way to the bank--except for the fact that so many people ate it up.

Anyhow, Mother Jones is at least a dozen notches above that sort of 'investigative' writing, but I still find all this wildly contradictory rumor-mongering highly amusing.


You had me at 'coven of lesbians'.
Dalton is offline  
Old 03-30-2008, 04:04 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 01:59 PM
Quote:
detailing how Hillary and her secret "coven" of lesbian goddess-worshipping Marxist necromancers (who controlled all the government agencies, of course) planned to destroy first the US then the rest of the world.

looks like they were one administration early with their prediction of

"necromancers (who controlled all the government agencies, of course) planned to destroy first the US then the rest of the world."





deep is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #34
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,455
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan


Absolutely.

I'm thinking Harry's ventured south of the border at least once...and stayed long enough for HRC to piss in his cornflakes. Having an opinion is one thing, calling anyone who disagrees an idiot is quite another.
I'm back to haunt you. When did I ever say anyone who disagrees with me is an idiot ??? The only real idiots are those IDIOTS who after all that has been said and done by the Clinton campaign insist on supporting Hillary. My God, I think the Republicans may actually be smarter this year.
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 06:28 PM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 07:59 AM
Can you justify that assertion with a link from antipas ministries?
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 07:57 PM   #36
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,455
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Laugh all you want. Although I'm not a member of Antipas Ministries I have had them on my radio show a few times and find myself agreeing with much they have to say about the American system and the church that supports it. Got a problem with that??

P.S. Oh ya, and I hate Hillary Clinton - had to get that in one last time
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 08:20 PM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Vest
Laugh all you want. Although I'm not a member of Antipas Ministries I have had them on my radio show a few times and find myself agreeing with much they have to say about the American system and the church that supports it. Got a problem with that??

P.S. Oh ya, and I hate Hillary Clinton - had to get that in one last time
Would it be out of character if I did?
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 11:02 PM   #38
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,455
Local Time: 04:59 PM
__________________

Harry Vest is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×