...and I'll be up with the sun...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
After enough anticipation and hype, I'm finally moving from the Detroit area to Boston (around Cambridge / Somerville, to be more exact).

Moving...if you could live wherever you would like, where would you want to live? For me, it would be probably Boston or San Francisco (as I have heard it is fantastic with beautiful weather) in America, or London, U.K., because I am in love with that city.

An interestingly light question I ask all of you in this notoriously angry forum. :sexywink: Answer it well, and I'll be back when my internet is up in my new place--which could be a couple days or could be longer...I don't know. In the meantime, take care and don't mess things up too much in my absence!

Melon

I'd ordinarily move this to LS, but Lilly and I agree that a gentle, safe topic in FYM might not be a bad idea right now...so try to answer Melon's question in a thoughtful, intellectual manner. :)

*feels the peace*

right now, i am moving to exactly where i want to be. this saturday i'm moving to south dakota. and no matter what anyone else says, or what a pain it is to get anywhere, i love it there. so i'm moving to my dream city. WOO!

i don't know after that though...i totally agree on boston. i love that town.

I love Toronto for all its architectural failings and ugliness. It's home, and there's nothing greater than walking on the street, on a sunny April afternoon when the snow is gone and you can smell summer for the first time.

I've lived in Vienna, and find it to be the most charming city in the world. It's a place I would love to return to at some point, but probably not longterm.

I'm fascinated with London, and am very much considering going to finish a graduate degree there in Immunology (either at Imperial or King's College).

When it comes to the US, I have a bit of a soft spot for Savannah, Georgia. I'm not a huge fan of the south, but there's something really nice about strolling by the riverside, being able to smell the Atlantic that's only some 20 miles away.

I also miss the sunflower and wheat fields of my Croatia, the scent of oleander and the burning of the sun.

There are too many places I'd like to live, but the one I'm at now is just fine.

i live in boston - the best city in the world , my dream is U.k. London , and Moscow + St Petersburg , probably Paris .

I don't want to live in London all my life. I would ideally live in two places; my first choice would be in some remote place in Somerset, with absolutely no one around, and my second would be villa on the outskirts of Florence, Italy.

Yup.

Ant.

WoW :shocked:

Anyway, good luck Melon. Have a safe trip and best wishes setting up your new home. Don't stay too long gone or we'll miss your GOP conversion sessions:sexywink:

I'd love to live in Hawaii, in a less populated area near the beach, or in the countryside of Ireland, probably in Galway.
Or on the coast in Maine.

Hope you enjoy Boston-it's great. Of course, just like every city, it has some flaws.

I hear a certain Irish band loves it :wink:

Having lived all my life in my hometown I don?t know many places. I think I could live in Rio de Janeiro, the city has this special atmosphere, people are really nice there. Another city I like is Buenos Aires, although I didn?t stay there more than a few days a couple of times. The city that grabs my attention the most in US is San Francisco, I really would love to visit someday. As for Europe, I think I would feel at home in Lisbon, LOL.

:)

In all honesty I seriously do live in paradise, the Sunshine Coast truly is one if not the best place in the world to live- we have 40 kilometers of beautiful beaches, a hinterland within in 15 minutes drive that has mountains and rainforest, there is a capital city only an hours drive away which has everything that you need in a city IE: museums, shopping, concerts etc, etc....There are only a quarter of a million people that live on the Sunshine Coast, so it is still easy to get about, so yeah I love where I live but I would love to live bak in the unit that I lived in in Mooloolaba ( a beachside suburb of the Coast) for 2 years- I moved out of there because it got sold about 2 years and it was the best place I have ever lived, the people in the block of units were all nice, it was a short walk to the beach, clubs and shopping and the best part was the it was on a canal and had a beautiful water view- so that is where I would live:)

Somewhere south of the Intercoastal Waterway and north of The Gulf of Mexico, between (and inclusive of) Inlet Beach, Florida and Mobile, Alabama.

~U2Alabama

Hello,

Although I'm not living there at the moment, I do want to move to Utrecht (in the Netherlands) to live there. It's a nice city and its in the center of the Netherlands.

As for other cities, I'm in love with Madrid. I think it's a beautiful city with great architecture, wonderful museums and an exciting nightlife. In short, it's my dream city.

I've never been to the US, but somehow I have a fascination with San Francisco. Is it the Golden Gate? Is it Silicon Valley? Is it the hippy history? I don't know.

C ya!

Marty

There are lots of possibilities. I don?t know when I will move, but I will live at the sea, at the beach. I want to take a walk every morning. I like doves.

So... it could be Cuba, it could be Jamaica. People are so friendly there, it is cheaper than the U.S., and in musical terms a very interesting zone... the weather is mostly fine. It could be Rio de Janeiro, so beautiful, you can have fun in Rio like nowhere else. No to Buenos Aires because too many cars. Costa Rica?

No to L.A. because Marvin Gaye didn?t like it there, too many sharks. Yes to San Francisco, beautiful place, I loved the cable cars. NYC, for some years I really would like to stay there, it is the pulse of life. And then there is New Orleans, my fav U.S. city, with NYC. Hawaii is said to be beautiful.

Europe... I could imagine to stay in Italy, Liguria or Sicily, well, actually I?d have to take a look at Bari. The north coast of Spain.
I like London and Paris and Amsterdam, but the weather is simply too cold there in Winter.

Then there is Australia and a few Pacific islands, unknown territory, never been there. Might go there in a year or two, to take a look... I like Australia, and the people are so nice.

Now, this is the places where I would like to stay. I am sure I will travel everywhere anyway; I will stay some time in (maybe West and Central) Africa, sho nuff I will visit India and South East Asia again. I am not so sure about Japan... a friend who was living there said it was like real bellybutton of the world. Oh, I have to see China, never been there.

:confused:

Last edited:
Speak friend, and enter....good luck

I have a feeling there are so many truly beautiful places in the world, the landscape, both natural and cultural. I ahve only seen it from my armchair, but I truly believe if I was given the absolute choice , I would live on the same little stretch of beach that my great grand-mother , her daughter and my father called home.....pmara kutata, perchance to dream.

I was fired up yesterday melon, I had a vision, to paint a gate, and an electrical strom...it may happen yet. I was inspired by a painting I had seen earlier. I am so glad I keep things. it is from the 1996 ted nassmith tolkien calendar. In the back, it has the extract from Tolkiens' work that inspired each painting. Here is the entry for July..

THE PASSWORD INTO MORIA

The Moon now shone upon the grey face of the rock; but
they could see nothing else for a while. Then slowly on the
surface, where the wizard's hands had passed, faint lines
appeared, like slender veins of silver running in the stone. At
first they were no more than pale gossamer-threads, so fine
that they only twinkled fitfully where the Moon caught
them, but steadily they grew broader and clearer, until their
design could be guessed ... With a
suddenness that startled them all the wizard sprang to his
feet. He was laughing!
"I have it!" he cried. "Of course, of course! Absurdly simple, Iike most
riddles when you see the answer."
picking up his staff he stood before the rock and said in a
clear voice: Mellon!

cool eh? ..well i think so

:wave: for now....don't get me started on Boston:censored: :D

may the road be free for the journey, may it lead where it promised it would
mellon=friend

Attachments

• moria gate.jpg
    moria gate.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 12
If I could choose anywhere, it would be Port Douglas. I am sounding like a broken record surely. Anywhere up in far North Queensland would be heavenly. Although I expect what tourism is doing to the barrier reef would get to me after a bit. But then, with the ridiculous house prices in Sydney, I could clean up and live in paradise for a while at least. One day, I will leave Sydney far behind. It would be nice.

don't even have to think about this for more than a second.
London. :yes:

Good luck Melon. Boston is wonderful!

I love to live here in Mexico City, it would really be hard for me to change it, maybe just a few places, the mexican caribean is also a place that would be great.

Melon:

Why are you moving to Somerville?

I only ask because I used to live there (Medford to be exact.) I went to college in Boston and I absolutely love that city. I live in New York City now, but I will always have a place in my heart for Boston.

I have wanted to visit for some time now, but have not had the time...

I love Boston and I think you will too...

If you need some suggestions for some places to go in Boston, Somerville, or Medford - let me know - I can live vicariously through you...

Good Luck!

(Boston get the push and shove, Boston fits me like a glove...)

anitram said:
I'm fascinated with London, and am very much considering going to finish a graduate degree there in Immunology (either at Imperial or King's College).

No way! When I did a semester abroad we used space at Imperial College for classes. My class room window looked out on Royal Albert Hall.

I live in NYC and love it! If I had to move somewhere else, I would go to either Dublin, London, or Vail in the Colorado Rockies.

Realistically I'd like to live in Liverpool because its the city most of my family are from and it's a place I feel really at home. Plus it's home to the greatest football team in the world and it has some fascinating history. I'd like to go to college in Liverpool in a few years :) I'd also like to live in London just because I spend every other weekend there anyway and it'd save me a fortune in train fares!!

Other than that, I'd love to live in a warm, sunny place (I'm sick of dull and rainy Wales!) and hopefully at some time I'll have the chance to live in the US for a while because I loved it there when I was an exchange student.

Oh, and I'm also hoping to do a volunteer project in Southern Africa or the West coast of Africa in the next few years - so I guess I'd be "living" there for a while.

What can I say? I got bit by the travel bug :happy:

There are any number of places I'd like to live, having lived in the same town all my life so far...I could dig anyplace with a beach, I think, as long as it wasn't too hot. I'd also like a big city. I'll probably go to grad school in NYC or Philadelphia, which sound like fun to me. :)

This is quite a trek Melon...

I live 5 minutes out of Boston, but lived in the city until I was about 18. It's a great place, I guess I take a lot of it for granted. You're coming just in time for the fall too - the best time of year. The only thing that sucks that I can think of the traffic!

As for anywhere I could live... I have places that I love, but I dont think that I could ever live anywhere to urban. They're nice for vacation, but I start to get antsy after a while. Anywhere that doesnt get too hot is fine with me - I have no heat tolerance! :D

Back
Top Bottom