An olive branch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have enormous respect for posters here. Many of you have been very kind to me and I am honoured to be able to discuss, debate, argue with you.

I think the one thing that's true for me is that when you see the very worst of humanity, you realize that most of us comprise the very best, and that's really very cool.

Group hugs all around! :wink:

I feel I need to address my 'breaking' of some kind of treaty. Look, you people can't say every opinion is welcome and we are all free to speak our minds and then jump on a person for saying something you don't like. I know not everyone has done that but some have. If I'm a "bad" person or "causing trouble" for expressing a view that is not popular, then I am NOT 'free to speak my mind," see? Okay just had to get that off my chest, and notice I have not posted in any other threads!! :no: :angel: :censored:

BluberryPoptart said:
I feel I need to address my 'breaking' of some kind of treaty. Look, you people can't say every opinion is welcome and we are all free to speak our minds and then jump on a person for saying something you don't like. I know not everyone has done that but some have. If I'm a "bad" person or "causing trouble" for expressing a view that is not popular, then I am NOT 'free to speak my mind," see? Okay just had to get that off my chest, and notice I have not posted in any other threads!! :no: :angel: :censored:

BP, it's not your opinion, but the presentation that's an issue. What do you hope to gain in this post by saying "Look, you people" ? :rolleyes: I feel lectured to by a comment like that. Are you lecturing or trying to point out that you feel that you're having a hard time on this board because you believe your views are not popular?

Someone posted a thought that you could use honey instead of vinegar.

paxetaurora said:
All right, let's please keep this thread NICE.

Take your individual problems off the forum.

Thank you.

Sometimes I dont know if people cannot read. Sometimes I think it might be that sometimes people might feel their point of view is so detrimental, that despite a request to stop something, people have to go ahead and post it anyway. Because we all need to hear it or something. I can understand that because I am an opinionated arse too.

I know some people also think us mods are on a power trip by dictating to people what they say and do not say, but really posts like Pax's here are simply an alert of sorts that the thread will be closed if people dont stop what they're doing which breaches forum rules, yada yada yada.

But anyway, the rules are the rules. We make requests, they get ignored, threads get closed. It's not our fault. It is really ironic given the aim of this thread, but I guess we DO need to hear all these opinions, despite the negative effects they have. And these people know who they are. Its not my place to dicate everyone be nice. But I have the close button.

Why I am typing all this, I do not know. No one reads it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom