An interesting quote

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DoctorGonzo

War Child
While I don't support Nazism, this quote really stuck in my mind:

"Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
--Hermann Goering

90 percent of this country polled wants us to bomb the hell out of the Taliban. Plain and simple. This has nothing to do with what teh government tells us. It has to do with the fact that those dirty rat bastards are harboring the dirty rat bastard that gave the order to the dirty rat bastards that killed 6000 people.

what can i say , CNN already is 100% censorship on any wrong info , news , thought , way to go
frown.gif

Gonzo, have you ever read the book "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" by William L. Shirer ? I'm reading it now and it's a massive book (a brick) of II43 pages (without counting the index "of course"). The author went living and working in the Third Reich in I934 and, though I did not read the entirely book yet, he left during the war. He describes every aspects of the Third Reich, including the life of a normal citizen would have (the interesting part, in my opinion, is the description of the education in the Third Reich : the author admires the education and what it brought to the people who went in the Hitler Youth [they were proud, good looking, in shape, had a great sense of devotion and supported each others] and at the same time shows how it was horrifying [what they learned and the nazification of every aspects of the German life].

Very interesting book. Read it if you can. I'm not sure if you'll find this one in a book store though (try a used-book stores if you have some).

Cheers

------------------
United Nations : www.un.org - UNICEF (United Nations Children's Fund) : www.unicef.org
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) : <A HREF="http://www.unesco.org
Amnesty" TARGET=_blank>www.unesco.org
Amnesty</A> International : www.amnesty.org - Greenpeace International : <A HREF="http://www.greenpeace.org
Reporters" TARGET=_blank>www.greenpeace.org
Reporters</A> Sans Fronti?res [Reporters Without Borders] : www.rsf.fr - M?decins Sans Fronti?res [Doctors Without Borders] : www.paris.msf.org

The rise and fall... should be able to be found at most book stores since i found it at my own and it is indeed a good book to read and also very massive.

I don't believe that quote at all and when it comes from that man and I realize everything that he has done I realize the source of the quote is one not to be trusted anyways by a reasonable man since the man who gave it represents pure evil.

~rougerum

Originally posted by Mirrorball Man:
Yeah, that is an interesting quote DoctorGonzo. It would still work today as well on some people.

It IS working today...

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Back
Top Bottom