An Inconvenient Electric Bill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Man said:

from the point of view of society, - yes an improved environment is good. but the individual economic agent is egoistic and chooses his own profits over the common values, such as the environment.

I'm no Rhodes Scholar, but that's a fancy way of saying "Greedy/Selfish", isn't it?

Irvine511 said:

and, as the richest nation on earth -- but not the highest standard of living, Norway wins that -- it is incumbent upon us to not trash that which has given us so much.

and, yes, i hear the whole, "oh yeah? well you're just JEALOUS" that Americans often throw back in the face of criticism. and, often, they're right, it is just jealousy. but that has absolutely nothing to do with carbon emissions.

as for "the costs" of global warming -- well, if you'd like to SCUBA dive Venice, please, continue to pretend there's no problem.

At the risk of "driving you crazy." What is the "natural state" of North America? As it is today, or say, blanketed by sheets of ice as it was 70,000 to 10,000 years ago?
Which is better for humans?
More importantly, which is better for Polar bears?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Well whenever anyone states either one of those, come talk to me.

Until then all I see are some folks speaking out of context and little to no facts.
timecover.small.jpg

elevated_u2_fan said:

Do tell...:drool:
$ 189.78 for less than 1000 kwh for the year 2006,....

:lol: does that make me a hypocrite because i dont use wind power for my computer ?

AEON said:
Gore is fraud. And believe me, the Republicans have their fair share of frauds as well.

But Global Warming is NOT a partisan issue. It is a damn shame that people keep trying to make it be. Fine, whatever if you don't want to believe Gore b/c you don't trust democrats...but you can't deny what the latest journals have been saying about this. I do not remember anywhere in his movie him talking about how great democrats are. All his data was backed up by scholarly research.

redhotswami said:

But Global Warming is NOT a partisan issue. It is a damn shame that people keep trying to make it be. Fine, whatever if you don't want to believe Gore b/c you don't trust democrats...but you can't deny what the latest journals have been saying about this. I do not remember anywhere in his movie him talking about how great democrats are. All his data was backed up by scholarly research.

I didn't post this to debate global warming. Jesus will fix it. I just wanted to point out that Gore is a fraud.

George Bush won't even see the movie (that's what he said if I recall correctly), what do y'all think of that?

I haven't seen it yet, only because I haven't gotten around to renting it. GWB doesn't exactly have to go to Blockbuster.

AEON said:

I didn't post this to debate global warming. Jesus will fix it. I just wanted to point out that Gore is a fraud.

Just out of curiosity, and I realize that you are most likely being funny (I hope :uhoh: ) but how exactly is Jesus Christ supposed to fix global warming?

MrsSpringsteen said:
George Bush won't even see the movie (that's what he said if I recall correctly), what do y'all think of that?

I haven't seen it yet, only because I haven't gotten around to renting it. GWB doesn't exactly have to go to Blockbuster.

Well, it's not a book so there's no excuse there...:wink:

And as a warning to those who have not seen it, be prepared to be depressed....:(

Last edited:
AEON said:

Then I guess the world should come to hault since Jesus will fix things. working on an AIDS cure? forget it, Jesus is on that. Situation in Iraq? Jesus? Goodbye progress.

AEON said:

I didn't post this to debate global warming. Jesus will fix it.

What the hell is the point of doing anything? Jesus will cure us of disease, feed all of the hungry, give money to the poor, jobs to the unemployed, build roads in Africa, etc.

Everyone's off the hook, folks!

randhail said:

Then I guess the world should come to hault since Jesus will fix things. working on an AIDS cure? forget it, Jesus is on that. Situation in Iraq? Jesus? Goodbye progress.

:lmao: I don't know how reliable this guy is anyhow... I've been waiting for a week for him to fix my leaky tap in the bathroom...

anitram said:

What the hell is the point of doing anything? Jesus will cure us of disease, feed all of the hungry, give money to the poor, jobs to the unemployed, build roads in Africa, etc.

Everyone's off the hook, folks!
Not everyone, i just bought some LED light bulbs :mad: Stupid me,...

Would you be saying who cares if let's say....................... Donald Rumsfeld bill was 40,000 dollars for his mansion?

Justin24 said:
Would you be saying who cares if let's say....................... Donald Rumsfeld bill was 40,000 dollars for his mansion?

Who is saying who cares? Yes it looks hypocritical for sure, but I have to take him at his word about the carbon stuff and the solar panels unless and until that is proven false. He appears to be making an effort to rectify the issue.

Justin24 said:

Like it was said before, Gore is a target for criticism based on his every move. Right or wrong. Do we ignore the message because of this? Does a cardiologist lose all credability on how people should eat low fat diets if he has a big steak for dinner? People that ignore the message completely miss the point and likely would never understand the point anyways.

MrsSpringsteen said:

Who is saying who cares? Yes it looks hypocritical for sure, but I have to take him at his word about the carbon stuff and the solar panels unless and until that is proven false. He appears to be making an effort to rectify the issue.

But what if he is wrong and it's a cycle the earth goes through every couple of thousands of years? Would you then put him in the Bush there are WMD's in Iraq box?

elevated_u2_fan said:

Just out of curiosity, and I realize that you are most likely being funny (I hope :uhoh: ) but how exactly is Jesus Christ supposed to fix global warming?

Yes. I was kidding.

However, at some point in time - there will be a new Heaven and a new Earth.

INDY500 said:

At the risk of "driving you crazy." What is the "natural state" of North America? As it is today, or say, blanketed by sheets of ice as it was 70,000 to 10,000 years ago?
Which is better for humans?
More importantly, which is better for Polar bears?

how hard is it to understand that climates are cyclical, and that human activity is having an impact on NATURAL climate cycles?

and why do you end all of your posts -- all of them -- with humorous jabs that prevent me from taking you seriously?

Back
Top Bottom