americans, how do you feel about immigration?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madonna's child

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
we are doing a mock congress in my navigating contemporary society class, my topic is pro-immigration (i honestly feel this way.) i was wondering, how do you guys feel about the issue? if your pro-immigration can you recommend any literature or websites i could look at?

thanks!
smile.gif

------------------
"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

I can't really help you much...I think our immigration laws should be much more strict. I think someone in Gov't should look into securing our southern border as well. Hell, I'll build the wall myself !
wink.gif

------------------
The numeral 7

[This message has been edited by Se7en (edited 12-01-2001).]

well, seven, you're not exactly against my arguement. the "bill" i'm proposing is to lessen immigration restriction so that we can decrease the number of illegals by allowing more of them to come to the country as legal immigrants. our economy benefits from immigration, because immigrants take the jobs nobody wants and energize the workforce. what my bill is asking is for larger quota of legal immigrants each year, because we need them anyway.

i do, however, see your point. it's a touchy subject, i don't think my fellow classmates will pass my bill.

smile.gif

------------------
"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

I work for an immigration lawyer. Basically the majority of our business is H-1B visas, which are temporary work visas. Of course right now business is slow because of all the dot com layoffs.. but back when the software companies were booming, many jobs needed to be filled and many H-1B visas I filed with the INS. We act as the middle men between the software companies and the perspective employees, fill out the paperwork etc, file applications with the INS. Our clients are mostly Indian and Chinese. Once they obtain their visa it is good for 3 years then can be extended for 6. While on an H-1B visa, the client can apply for permanent residence. It takes a really long time and lot of them go back to their country when the visa is up.

Our website has a few links to immigration sites.. I dont know exactly what kind if immigration you mean but you may find something of interest.
www.lewslaw.com

------------------
These days, days, days run away like horses over the hill...

Sicy's Website

Photo Albums

Be legal, get a job, and send your kids to school. That's all I want out of any immigrant. They aren't any different than other Americans, because frankly we are ALL immigrants. Even the Native Americans. We all came from Africa.

------------------
Go lightly down your darkened way.

I support legal immigration, and I think building a wall on the Mexican border is a horrible idea.

As it is, the U.S. is one of the most generous nations when it comes to immigration. I like that.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom