American Taliban soldier - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2001, 01:50 PM   #21
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun

Local Time: 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by wolfwill23:
You know what? I was wrong about this guy. I'm sure he's a decent fellow. He was just a bit mislead. Poor guy. Actually, he's the one who is the victim here, not the American troops whom he was fighting. This guy didn't mean any harm to America when he joined the biggest anti-American group in the world. This guy didn't mean America any harm when he rejoyced after the Cole bombing where 19 sailors, mothers and fathers, were killed. Like some of you have said, he just didn't know any better. Poor kid, victim of circumstance. Don't know why he was one of the last to surrender at the prison. Also don't know how people can say he had no idea that he was fighting America when he saw the two CIA men in the prison. Heck, he even witnessed the murder of one of them. But how was he supposed to know that they were American? Poor kid. Let's clean him up, bring him home in time to celebrate Christmas and get him started on some kind of social program right away. God bless America.

Hah. Great post... I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds posting god awfully satirical posts on teh media and such hilarious.. Cheers to you for your intelligence.. a sort of tongue in cheek approach to what is wrong with america these days...

Old 12-07-2001, 01:54 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony:
I think people like that are just pathetic excuses of a human being, and should be thrown into court for treason, for that is exactly what it is.

In Britain we have LOADS of these incidents where ridiculous, malevolent and UNGRATEFUL pieces of excrement voluntarily go and fight against the country who's limited resources THEY consumed, who's welfare state THEY used, who's economy THEY drained, all so they can go and betray it. As much as I despise the members of Al-Qaeda who are from the Middle East, I absolutely abhor those who were born here in Europe and still have the audacity and humanity (or lack of) to go and help to destroy the very world they lived in and used.

Traitors, and they should be treated as such. Put them all in jail and leave them there to rot.

Ant.
Hah... I completely agree, but let's add this to the 'rot' statement.. have the British Bobby's come in and systematically take a nice big sh@t on their heads while simultaneously beating them with their night sticks...

C'mon guys.. a laugh for the absurdity

Here's to hopefully poking the light hearted bone in ya'll

Old 12-07-2001, 09:32 PM   #23
War Child

Local Time: 11:13 PM
DoctorGonzo you're wrong. Walker admitted to a reporter that he fought in Kashmir with Al-Quaeda. The Taliban is not at war in Kashmir.

MAP
Old 12-07-2001, 09:33 PM   #24
War Child

Local Time: 11:13 PM
DoctorGonzo you're wrong. Walker admitted to a reporter that he fought in Kashmir with Al-Quaeda. The Taliban is not at war in Kashmir.
Walker also was interrogated by the CIA officer who was later murdered in the prison uprising that Walker participated in. The interrogation was videotaped. Walker refused to help the CIA officer in any way.

MAP
Old 12-08-2001, 01:51 AM   #25
Kid A

Local Time: 01:13 AM
either way he gets the "dumb ass of the year" award
Old 12-08-2001, 01:59 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Maybe we should start a petition honoring him.
Old 12-08-2001, 01:34 PM   #27
The Fly

Kill him...the lump of shit...
Old 12-08-2001, 04:20 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie

And THAT C.I.A. officer (Mike Spann) was from rural Winfield Alabama, about 100 miles from my home. I wouldn't advise Osama bin Walker to have car trouble anywhere around Winfield.

~U2Alabama
Old 12-08-2001, 04:29 PM   #29
War Child

Local Time: 02:13 AM
Walker should be given due process of law and tried for treason. Considering the lumps of evidence against him, he will likely be found guilty, and a suitable punishment will be appropriate.

It almost confounds me how prevalent religious fanaticism is worldwide, and what people will do in the name of religion.

Ormus

------------------
"Then she was in the helicopter, and it was rising, and I had not gone with her, and I never saw her again, none of us did, and the last words she screamed down at me break my heart every time I think of them, and I think of them a few hundred times a day, every day, and then there are the endless, sleepless nights." - Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet
Old 12-09-2001, 03:31 AM   #30
War Child

I think a Medal of Honor is in order for this war hero. Oh, by the way, not only did he know for sure that he was fighting the Americans (probably a dream come true for him) but there is VIDEO of him being interviewed by the CIA officer who was killed shortly thereafter. So I think it's safe to say this kid knew exactly what was going on and what he was doing.
Old 12-09-2001, 08:16 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally posted by Ormus:
Walker should be given due process of law and tried for treason. Considering the lumps of evidence against him, he will likely be found guilty, and a suitable punishment will be appropriate.

It almost confounds me how prevalent religious fanaticism is worldwide, and what people will do in the name of religion.

Ormus

Hence Follows the Sweeping Ignorant Generalization Statement of NOT ME...

Well I'm sure as hell glad none of us Christians do any of that Terrorist Sh#t...I mean.. us here in teh bible belt, we just wanna grow our tobacca

Old 12-10-2001, 06:29 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:13 AM
He IS still a citizen, so we can't strip that away because he chose to do something else. After all, Americans choose stupid things all the time. If it is discovered that he disclosed American secrets or anything, he needs to be tried as a traitor. It wouldn't, however, shock me if we just tried him in military court, there are a lot of civil liberites that are stripped away there.
I feel like it's his choice, though I don't understand it. Life in prison is probably where he'll end up.

------------------
Go lightly down your darkened way.
Old 12-10-2001, 06:36 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilly:
He IS still a citizen, so we can't strip that away because he chose to do something else. After all, Americans choose stupid things all the time. I feel like it's his choice, though I don't understand it. Life in prison is probably where he'll end up.
Yes, other Americans make bad decisions all the time. But most people don't choose to betray and fight against the USA. Regardless of whether you divulge secrets or not, if you take up arms or join the military of a nation at war with the US, you have committed treason. Yes, he is allowed to make his choices. But he also must face the consequences.
Old 12-10-2001, 07:29 PM   #34
War Child

Local Time: 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonite:
Hence Follows the Sweeping Ignorant Generalization Statement of NOT ME...
If you are taking a swipe at my "religious fanaticism" argument, it was meant to be general. I lump everyone from the Taliban to Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson in that category, and they are all dangerous. I am very dismayed at the extremist Christian elements that are seeping their way into our political arenas. They may be a minority, yes, but they seem to have followers within the state and even federal legislatures. That is what worries me.

When Karl Marx stated that religion was the "opiate of the masses," he was right. In what other form can you slip in any type of extreme ideology or philosophy or wacky idea and get mass amounts of people to believe it?

Unlike Marx, I do not believe that this is cause for the global elimination of religion, because extremism and the opiate effect even inhabits atheism. The cult of Stalin's dictatorship is evidence enough of that. People just need to learn to use their brains, rather than throw it away in the name of "faith."

Of course, it has been a long time since I've been able to decipher anything you have written, so I might be way off here.

Ormus

------------------
"Then she was in the helicopter, and it was rising, and I had not gone with her, and I never saw her again, none of us did, and the last words she screamed down at me break my heart every time I think of them, and I think of them a few hundred times a day, every day, and then there are the endless, sleepless nights." - Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet
Old 12-10-2001, 07:40 PM   #35
Refugee

I glad to hear Doctor Gonzo exert some sense in this forum. I for one am sick and tired of the hypocrisy of the majority of Americans. I'm glad to see there are other people in our country, who can think critically enough to see how awful our government and media portray their so-called "enemies", while justifying equivalent horrors on them.
I am truly SICK of hearing about this "peace of earth". Give me a break, America!
If we really want peace of earth, like Dubya and all his cronies say they do, why are you going against your messiah, Jesus Christ's, message? Fuckin' idiots...they're all a bunch of fucking I.D.I.O.T.S.

Pardon my language.

Old 12-10-2001, 07:49 PM   #36
War Child

Doctorgonzo:
I thought you may be interested in the column here:
http://www.mediachannel.org/views/di...missions.shtml

It asks some provocative questions on how the American media have been reporting the Afghani campaign.
Old 12-10-2001, 09:00 PM   #37
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Danospano:
I glad to hear Doctor Gonzo exert some sense in this forum. I for one am sick and tired of the hypocrisy of the majority of Americans. I'm glad to see there are other people in our country, who can think critically enough to see how awful our government and media portray their so-called "enemies", while justifying equivalent horrors on them.
I am truly SICK of hearing about this "peace of earth". Give me a break, America!
If we really want peace of earth, like Dubya and all his cronies say they do, why are you going against your messiah, Jesus Christ's, message? Fuckin' idiots...they're all a bunch of fucking I.D.I.O.T.S.

Pardon my language.

No, Spano, you're the fucking idiot.

In case you missed the events of recent history, the Taliban supported and protected a terrorist organization that attacked my country in a time of peace, that brutally and intentionally incinerated thousands of my fellow countrymen. These Americans committed no apparent crimes, unless you are willing to include as "equivalent horrors" boarding a passenger jet, going to the office to work, and working a low-paying job to rush into a burning building to save the lives of others.

For this act, they are not "so-called enemies" of the United States. They are CLEARLY the enemies of my country.

(I congratulate you for your ability to "think critically enough" to condemn this country and its people, but I'm still waiting to see whether your amazing skills can be applied to Al Queda and the Taliban - whether you can bring yourself to see these people as the thugs that they are. And I'd love to know whether your critical thinking skills can see that, under a Taliban-led regime, you wouldn't even have the opportunity to criticize.)

Further, your comment about how Christians should turn the other cheek is misleading and presumptuous. It is misleading because it takes a commandment for personal behavior ("turn the other cheek") and applies it to the government - an application that is never implied in the Bible, that is a stretch in even the best case, and is ultimately ridiculous when taken to its logical conclusion: the Bible is against stealing, too, and by your fucked-up logic, the government doesn't have the right to fine people for breaking laws.

And your comment is presumptuous because it presumes to know the will of Christ. It implies that military action on the part of the government is clearly against Christianity. That debate, one among hundreds, has not been decided; and there is a strong argument for military action, namely the "just war" theory, which suggests that it is sometimes a sin to not respond with military action, to thus allow tyrants and thugs to continue assaulting and enslaving others.

Of course, you suggest no reasonable alternatives to war, but your vehement opposition to military action - and your idiotic attempt at moral equivalence - demonstrate that you think military action is a bad idea, and further, that you have no sense of history and no idea what "peace" really means.

Europe gave Hitler Austria; he wanted more and he took more, including Poland and France. (I suppose the U.S. committed "equivalent horrors" by bombing Berlin in reply.) In the last decade, the U.S. and its interests have been attacked through terrorism at our embassies, our military bases, and even an earlier bombing at the World Trade Center. We did nothing - or very nearly nothing - in response, and our very reasonable "so-called enemies" hi-jacked four planes, attacked three of our largest office buildings, and killed thousands.

Sorry, appeasement never has worked and never will work.

You also don't understand the concept of "peace". It is not merely the lack of U.S. Armed Forces in action. It is not only the absence of violence (which, again, wouldn't occur even if we stopped bombing). It is the absence of threat and the presence of justice. We are not in that state now, and we will not be in that state until we act militarily and obliterate those who plan to do us harm.

I know of nothing else to say in response to the shit you posted. I simply find your opinion utterly worthless.
Old 12-10-2001, 11:54 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Ormus:
If you are taking a swipe at my "religious fanaticism" argument, it was meant to be general. I lump everyone from the Taliban to Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson in that category, and they are all dangerous.
You can honestly say that you lump Pat Robertson in teh same category as The Taliban? Sounds like a great call to arms for the Athiest Alliance, but what's the backup for that ideas? I want specifics here.
Old 12-10-2001, 11:56 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Amen, Bubba!
Old 12-11-2001, 04:17 AM   #40
Refugee

Local Time: 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Achtung Bubba:
No, Spano, you're the fucking idiot.
Not that I give a flying fig about your traitor, but shouldn't a mod know better than to attack a board member like that?