American soldiers throw living puppy off cliff - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2008, 10:49 PM   #81
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

But some people are terrible people who happen to go to war, and that only amplifies the fact they were worthless packs of cells to begin with.
That was my thought as I was reading this. I'd be willing to bet that these individuals were damaged before they even went to war.

Old 03-05-2008, 11:56 PM   #82
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk

That was my thought as I was reading this. I'd be willing to bet that these individuals were damaged before they even went to war.

we have a surge to maintain.

you take what you can (heterosexually) get.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:22 AM   #83
Refugee

Local Time: 04:56 PM
Notwithstanding this horrible act of cruely, what I STILL don't understand is why the marine allowed this to be videotaped? Even though he was supposedly alone in the desert didn't he know that in this day and age nothing is kept secret and if someone passes wind in Australia it will be smelled in Greenland?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:51 AM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono
Notwithstanding this horrible act of cruely, what I STILL don't understand is why the marine allowed this to be videotaped? Even though he was supposedly alone in the desert didn't he know that in this day and age nothing is kept secret and if someone passes wind in Australia it will be smelled in Greenland?
The same brain that decided to throw a puppy decided to video tape it. Seems these two are lacking sense in general.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #85
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico

you have absolutely no idea how some of us are personally affected by this war. you have no idea who you are talking to and i think you shouldn't jump to such ridiculous and false generalizations. a simple breeze through the archive will show how many in this forum are upset about the accumulating loss of lives over there. the loss of lives of our friends and relatives comes up quite frequently when in iraq war threads.
You have no idea who you are talking to. Unless you have lost a family member like me to the war don't say another thing to me. ever.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #86
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by gherman

You have no idea who you are talking to. Unless you have lost a family member like me to the war don't say another thing to me. ever.
no i have not lost any of my friends/family who are/were there. i've been lucky so far. look i'm sorry for your loss, but your generalizations are absurd and out of line. to say we don't care about what our soldiers are going through was completely pulled out of your colon and came out of nowhere. noone ever said anything like that and it is downright offensive of you to make such an accusation.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:57 PM   #87
Forum Moderator

I think maybe we'd best drop the issue of whether and how this is an acceptable thread topic to have an emotional response to, guys. Otherwise there's really no point in leaving it open.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 03-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #88
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by yolland
I think maybe we'd best drop the issue of whether and how this is an acceptable thread topic to have an emotional response to, guys. Otherwise there's really no point in leaving it open.
I'm going to stop. Sorry about that Yolland. I lost one brother last year and my other baby brother is over there right now. I get a little heated up. I didn't mean to say nobody cares, my fingers type a little out of conrol when I'm mad. It just bothers me to see all of this attention on a national level for something like this when my brother got a little local attention when he died for nothing in my opinion but he chose to go and we supported him. My complaint is that if the guy threw a chicken of the cliff and died would people be saying the same stuff? Its has a life to. Sorry.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:02 PM   #89
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:56 AM
gherman-

God Bless your brother, you and your brother currently serving .

Stay safe

diamond
Old 03-06-2008, 06:40 PM   #90
New Yorker

Thank You Diamond. If its ok I don't want to talk about it anymore. Posting here, going to work and studying helps me to forget about it as much as possible because if I don't keep busy I just can't function. I am a little too quick tempered and it has only been getting worse these past few years. Sorry guys.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:21 PM   #91
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I'm going to stop. Sorry about that Yolland. I lost one brother last year and my other baby brother is over there right now. I get a little heated up. I didn't mean to say nobody cares, my fingers type a little out of conrol when I'm mad. It just bothers me to see all of this attention on a national level for something like this when my brother got a little local attention when he died for nothing in my opinion but he chose to go and we supported him. My complaint is that if the guy threw a chicken of the cliff and died would people be saying the same stuff? Its has a life to. Sorry.

i am very sorry for your loss.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:07 AM   #92
Blue Crack Addict

I'm very sorry too
Old 03-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #93
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

i know i said i was sorry for your loss, but here's a very sincere virtual i hope your brother returns home safe and soon.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #94
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:56 PM
Disgusting.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #95
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:56 AM
the first few days I skipped this thread

I did not even bother to open it

I thought it was about

how our soldiers are not cared for properly

I read the thread title this way:

American soldiers now living off puppy chow
Old 03-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #96
Blue Crack Addict

slysdexia?
Old 03-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #97
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:56 AM
that

or

my mind saw what it believed was more probable
Old 03-08-2008, 05:23 PM   #98
Protecting my eyes ARRRR!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje
I agree with anitram and the others. Yes, of course what the soldiers go through is hell and there's no comparison, BUT I think you have to be a sick fuck to begin with to toss puppies, rape civilians, etc. My grandpa was a military man. He served on the front lines in Germany and France during WWII. He was part of the unit that discovered and liberated the Nordhausen concentration camp, which included the discovery of over 2000 dead bodies. There were civilian families living just down the road that insisted they didn't know what was going on. My grandpa's unit forced them to march over and help burry the dead. He was 19 years old at the time. That's one of the sickest things I can think of to happen to an impressionable young man, yet I never saw him kicking dogs or hurting anyone or anything. The military men and women I know think this dude is one sick fuck just like I do. I think it sort of undermines all those who do serve with honor and dignity when we automatically excuse people like this because they must have been so corrupted by war they can't know right from wrong. Sure, the atrocities of war help explain these things, but they do not excuse them.
Very well put Liesje.

Theres no excuse for doing this to an innocent animal or hurting another human.

6 countries,11 shows. AMAZING FRIENDS AND MEMORIES = Jem's priceless 360 Tour
Old 03-10-2008, 02:49 PM   #99
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:56 AM

Quote:
Thank You Diamond..
For you my friend:

http://www.axpdf.com/wake/index.htm

dbs
Old 03-10-2008, 02:53 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:56 AM
Someone should throw him off a cliff see how he likes it.