'American Conservative' magazine details Iraq war corruption...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.amconmag.com/2005/2005_10_24/cover.html

"The American-dominated Coalition Provisional Authority could well prove to be the most corrupt administration in history, almost certainly surpassing the widespread fraud of the much-maligned UN Oil for Food Program. At least $20 billion that belonged to the Iraqi people has been wasted, together with hundreds of millions of U.S. taxpayer dollars. Exactly how many billions of additional dollars were squandered, stolen, given away, or simply lost will never be known because the deliberate decision by the CPA not to meter oil exports means that no one will ever know how much revenue was generated during 2003 and 2004."

Last edited:
financeguy said:
http://www.amconmag.com/2005/2005_10_24/cover.html

"The American-dominated Coalition Provisional Authority could well prove to be the most corrupt administration in history, almost certainly surpassing the widespread fraud of the much-maligned UN Oil for Food Program. At least $20 billion that belonged to the Iraqi people has been wasted, together with hundreds of millions of U.S. taxpayer dollars. Exactly how many billions of additional dollars were squandered, stolen, given away, or simply lost will never be known because the deliberate decision by the CPA not to meter oil exports means that no one will ever know how much revenue was generated during 2003 and 2004."

Philip Giraldi claims that $20 Billion dollars has been wasted and gone to bribe people yet continues to mention how there was no accounting of how the money was spent. So the claim that the money was in fact wasted cannot be verified and Philip Giraldi undercuts his own claim. More assumptions than actual fact fill the article.

I agree that it is horrible that there has been such a serious lack of accounting for $20 Billion dollars or even more money and that the money was distributed often in rather unsecure ways. But to simply claim that all the money was wasted is simply inaccurate.

An enormous number of things have been accomplished in Iraq and the country has headed down the political track much faster than post war Germany or Japan ever did. But don't expect Philip Giraldi to ever mention this. He only wants everyone to see one side of the story. I briefly did some research on Philip Giraldi and he seems to be another case of disgruntled CIA officer turned into money making attention grabbing shit stirrer. Everything he writes has an unobjective politicaly motivated theme to it.

Don't ever expect Philip Giraldi to actually acknowledge the progress that has been in Iraq, both politically, economically, and military wise. The fact he can't aknowledge the things that have clearly gone right, shows that he has some underlining motivations behind his writing other than simply being an objective and unbiased analyst.

Welcome to the forum...You may want to watch the way you are approaching other members...or you will not be welcome for long.

You may want to read the forum rules.

Re: Re: 'American Conservative' magazine details Iraq war corruption...

STING2 said:

An enormous number of things have been accomplished in Iraq and the country has headed down the political track much faster than post war Germany or Japan ever did.

What? In Germany we didn´t have lots of terrorists who blew up the Allies´ troops in 1947. In Iraq its full of them.

Your post is an insult to all Germans.

Re: Re: Re: 'American Conservative' magazine details Iraq war corruption...

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

What? In Germany we didn´t have lots of terrorists who blew up the Allies´ troops in 1947. In Iraq its full of them.

Your post is an insult to all Germans.

I said the "POLITICAL TRACK" was moving much faster than it did in post-war Germany or Japan, it was not a comment on the level of violence. Iraq will have a democratically elected permanent government by December of this year, less than 3 years after Saddam was removed from power. It took longer to achieve that in both Germany and Japan after World War II.

Gee, how long did it take the United States come up with its own constitution... a decade?

I think what the Iraqi government has accomplished in such a short amount of time is remarkable.

Gee--I wonder if the USA was INVADED and OCCUPIED by a VASTLY superior Military/Economic/Political Power in the run up to the promulgation of its Constitution?

FatBratchney said:
Gee--I wonder if the USA was INVADED and OCCUPIED by a VASTLY superior Military/Economic/Political Power in the run up to the promulgation of its Constitution?

Without the coalition invasion of Iraq, Iraq would still be living under the Brutal dictatorship of Saddam and the rest of the world would still be dealing with the serious threat he posed to the region and the world. Now, the Iraqi's are having the first real chance at democracy.

FatBratchney said:

wow---these guys don't even understand their own analogies .

Back
Top Bottom