America Biggest Product

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Terrorism ? An American Product
Dr. Ayman Habid ? Okaz

Terrorism remains an American product. Were it not for the blood spilled as a direct result of terrorist acts committed by the United States all over the world, American blood as well as much innocent blood in many places would have been spared. In the flood of American accusations that do not spare countries, institutions or individuals, it is our right to ask about crimes committed by various American and Western bodies, including armed extremist organizations, that target Arabs and Muslims under various pretexts, one being upholding freedom. This has become part of the ceaseless war against those identified as Arab or Muslim. Jerry Falwell, as well as the organization he represents, is known for his anti-Arab and anti-Muslim diatribes and provocative actions. Falwell gave his blessing to the 1981 massacre committed by former Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin when he murdered 200 Lebanese civilians, and thus made clear the terrorist nature of his organization.

Another anti-Arab and anti-Islamic terrorist, Pat Robertson, fully supports Israel?s occupation of Arab lands. Such terrorist tendencies are part of Western absolute and unreserved support for the Zionist entity and its crimes in the occupied Palestinian lands. Western religious establishments continue to support and bless Israel?s occupation of Jerusalem. Homegrown terrorism fluorishes in the United States where crime rates are the highest in the world.

Crime is common in American schools from elementary to university level. In one year American schools reported 1,200 assaults with deadly weapons, not to mention cases involving rape and sexual harassment. A country with 230 million weapons has become a vast prison with over two million people behind bars. The cowboy culture is dominant and every day 125 people ? including 20 children ? are killed. American youth have committed 2,428 terrorist operations involving gangs and militia members who are active all over the country. To this are added 40 terrorist and extremist organizations. Terrorism is terrorism, whether domestic or foreign, and terrorists are united by their animosity toward the other. The culture of violence is the result of policies of hegemony. This was evident from what happened in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Oh cry me a river. Rather than get up off their asses, the Arab world just spends their entire existence as a perpetual victim. As much as I severely dislike Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell, they are hardly terrorists and I certainly don't see fundamentalist Christians around the world strapping bombs to their chests and blowing themselves up.

I think it's about time we stop abusing the word "terrorist," but that's a problem that both Dubya and the good "doctor" here seem to have. In addition, if I ever hear the word "Zionist" again, I think I will vomit. One billion Muslims in their own little sphere of influence and they're worried about the land that Israel has. Of course, it all has to do with that damn (Un)Holy Land. Of course, not that Islam has an entire city devoted to itself (Mecca), but I guess it won't be happy until it has everything. But, after all, this is the nature of most all religions--unwaveringly irrational and greedy.

Melon

An interesting, provocative view, with which I don?t agree.

Interesting for this sentence:

"Falwell gave his blessing to the 1981 massacre committed by former Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin when he murdered 200 Lebanese civilians, and thus made clear the terrorist nature of his organization."

To "give a blessing" doesn?t make anyone a terrorist, in my eyes.

Now, lets make an experiment and turn the words all around.

If the sentence would say:

"Arafat gave his blessing to the 2001 massacre committed by members of Al Quaeda when they murdered 3,000 New Yorker civilians, and thus made clear the terrorist nature of his organization"

( - even if we all know that Arafat condemned Al Quaeda after Sept. 11th - )

...well, would Western media condemn Arafat for being a terrorist for this view, or not?

( - apart from the other acts of terrorism he or his organization may be responsible for, as we all know - )

melon said:
Oh cry me a river. Rather than get up off their asses, the Arab world just spends their entire existence as a perpetual victim. As much as I severely dislike Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell, they are hardly terrorists and I certainly don't see fundamentalist Christians around the world strapping bombs to their chests and blowing themselves up.

I think it's about time we stop abusing the word "terrorist," but that's a problem that both Dubya and the good "doctor" here seem to have. In addition, if I ever hear the word "Zionist" again, I think I will vomit. One billion Muslims in their own little sphere of influence and they're worried about the land that Israel has. Of course, it all has to do with that damn (Un)Holy Land. Of course, not that Islam has an entire city devoted to itself (Mecca), but I guess it won't be happy until it has everything. But, after all, this is the nature of most all religions--unwaveringly irrational and greedy.

Melon

I agree with almost every word of this post

let's not forget the Arabs are not innocent in history's balance sheet

They've participated in the slave trade, they've commited unspeakable acts of repression historically in areas like north africa and india...and they have to realize they are no better than any other race on this planet. Granted this attitude isn't held by the entire mulsim world but it is by this author

Back
Top Bottom